• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tafée Bowle

Jonesin'

Hey! Thanks! I used this board last year while researching the perfect vape for my needs and felt I really lucked out with the Tafee Bowle. I had the same experience as you did with it...it was a game changer. I was so happy that I sent a letter to them which they later told me they were printing and framing....uhm, maybe they were just saying that? But yeah, it changed my life.

I guess I didn't like the feel of being told that I voided the warranty by touching a slipped oven screen. I mean, it was over the edge of the gasket! The puck had never been dropped so no idea how that happened. The fact that it happened and now my warranty doesn't cover me, makes me hesitant to trust that it won't happen again. Maybe I'm being bullheaded (I am) but even if I hadn't touched it- I would have sent it back and MAYBE they would have covered it...what about shipping and the time it would take etc...

Thanks for trying to talk me off the ledge- we truly have had the same experience with this device. I'll think on it a bit and get a V3 in the meantime. Thanks!!

rowbam

My replacement Bowle came in today and wow, what a difference from my first one. Apparently the safety fuse malfunctioned in it.

The battery indication is now accurate when plugging into charge and every hit has been much more powerful. Off to a great start so far. :bowdown:

Also gotta give props to Tafee's customer service - part of the reason I bought it was the good impression I had of them and it turned out to be true. Very happy with how they handled the situation.

cptofnthng

While using the bowle today, one of the bottom 4 screws fell out. When i screwed it back in, i realized the other screws also needed a few turns. Did this happen to anyonr else?
I wonder if i should maybe not carry it all, if there has been so much strain on the puck. I usually pack it in one of those smell proof cases and pack that case in my backpack.

Maybe the puck has too much room that way. Maybe its really a stay at home vape. But i find that those super quick hits while going to the toilet while dining are only possible with this vape. Its very stealthy.

The other day i took a quick hit while stepping outside the train inbetween stops with vape in hand.
What other quick-hit situations can you recommend for me?

I also attended a school dance of 100 first graders a while back and it would have been great to be stoned there, but i didnt find the right window. And being sober was funky too.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
But i find that those super quick hits while going to the toilet while dining are only possible with this vape.
I only wish I could propose a different syntax or sentence structure here.
But I do get it!
I also attended a school dance of 100 first graders a while back and it would have been great to be stoned there,
but why be high when the rest of your classmates aren't? ;)

(Thanks for putting up with me...)

cptofnthng

I only wish I could propose a different syntax or sentence structure here.
But I do get it!
Please, by all means, go mr teacher. English is not my first language. But im also always happy to correct the kids, i know the feeling.

Rather than correcting my sentences, i want to hear tafee bowl quick hit opportunities.

Tafee should make a whole thing out it. Its one of the things that sets it apart from other vapes.

Jonesin'

Hey! Thanks! I used this board last year while researching the perfect vape for my needs and felt I really lucked out with the Tafee Bowle. I had the same experience as you did with it...it was a game changer. I was so happy that I sent a letter to them which they later told me they were printing and framing....uhm, maybe they were just saying that? But yeah, it changed my life.

I guess I didn't like the feel of being told that I voided the warranty by touching a slipped oven screen. I mean, it was over the edge of the gasket! The puck had never been dropped so no idea how that happened. The fact that it happened and now my warranty doesn't cover me, makes me hesitant to trust that it won't happen again. Maybe I'm being bullheaded (I am) but even if I hadn't touched it- I would have sent it back and MAYBE they would have covered it...what about shipping and the time it would take etc...

Thanks for trying to talk me off the ledge- we truly have had the same experience with this device. I'll think on it a bit and get a V3 in the meantime. Thanks!!
Update: I got the XMAX V3 Pro yesterday and WOW. While the Tafee Bowle was my first device ever, and I thought I'd lucked out by choosing the GOAT....I am now easily getting actual vapor from the V3 on low temps! The draw resistance is less and easier to hit and the buzz feels more like the "combustion buzz" without combusting. With Tafee, if I got any vapor, it was too much for my lungs to take as I'd have to be hitting it hard and long to get it in the first place (and/or I never knew when it was coming). My lungs are pretty shot, btw.

With the V3, I can handle the vapor because it comes out right away...I really can't say enough how much better I like the V3 than the Tafee Bowle. i was not expecting that! The jury is still out on whether I'll go through my materials more quickly with it- Tafee was great for conserving herbs but I was missing out on so much more. I am following up so if anyone is on the fence about spending so much on a device that's convection to micro dose and have on-demand ability....this is a definite option. The battery lasts WAY longer as well as being about a 1/4 of the price so if something does go wrong, which it did with the Tafee bowle, you're not out the 370+

*I got the glass mouth piece and used the on demand feature

Tafee was my first, and I'll always have fond memories of quitting combusting with it but I don't think I'll be throwing good money away again for it, but we shall see!

cliffhanger1

Please, by all means, go mr teacher. English is not my first language. But im also always happy to correct the kids, i know the feeling.

Rather than correcting my sentences, i want to hear tafee bowl quick hit opportunities.

Tafee should make a whole thing out it. Its one of the things that sets it apart from other vapes.
Which also is a on demand directly hard Hitter is the Hopper io and the VLEaf Go is also on demand directly ready, not High end Vape but good for the money and for in between certainly not to be despised.
The V3 is on demand but needs some seconds.
Sorry for Offtopic:whip:only want wo help.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah TB is still one of the most instant, on demand vapes I've ever experienced, right there with the hopperIO (aka "instant on") though on a lot of these style of vapes it is very relative to the user (I think that is why more manual, analog style, on demand of vapes are some of the fastest and simplest, once you get to know them of course) Bowle is the most polished instant on demand pure convection vape I think I've ever experienced, and in that sense can be considered the most simple and effective, especially from a mass produced industrial design standpoint (although that can bring many downsides just like artisan craft works have there pros and cons) Then you have the price point involved so it is very difficult to compare anything direct in a sense (partly why those forum rules exist ;)) I think most of us agree it is important to have at least one additional vape, even if it is two of the same one :tup:

ondemander

Well, I didn't get a call from Bruno, but I got the same "gratuitously send you a new puck for $79.99"....while I love the Bowle and have been using it for over a year...I'm pretty mad about it. The oven screen had shifted out of the gasket somehow--- which they say would have been covered in the warranty (after I pressed them on it)--- but because I tried to slide it back in....it's my fault. Maybe I'm wrong here, but....I'll check other threads or make a separate post but, any Bowle lovers out there who can think of another device that's even somewhat close to using the Bowle? XMAX V3 randomly got onto my radar as a backup (bc I foolishly didn't have a backup) but now I am thinking of a whole new device. It's too bad as Tafee was my first and really did the job for my needs.
I would say the Milaana 3 is pretty similar but better and has 1 replaceable 18650. Or you can get a double battery 510 mod and get a Splinter V or Z and run Arctic Fox or Red Panda to dial in temp control. Flavor is better than the Bowle and if you dump herb directly into the chamber instead of packing it in the basket screens you can easily stir in between hits and still get full extraction. The Bowle does have faster heat up time though which is rather impressive. Its heater is quite good and needs to be in a new unit with replaceable batteries and USB-C charging. People also have good things to say about the Tinymight but I never tried it.

My Bowle also was replaced for a fee as mentioned several pages back. Their warranty department is rather stringent and stingy. They assured me they would include extra screens in the replacement but instead I just got the brush and cleaning kit. Now whenever I insert the cable I pretend I am diffusing a bomb with extreme care. Hopefully I won't have another charging port issue but I feel like this is the true weakest spot of the device; not the battery as so many think. I have a Hopper IO so I know batteries can make or break a device. Hoping Tafee can learn from the mistakes of other companies and just update it substantially some way before they are stuck having to warranty replace so many more units sold and get buried into a hole they cannot escape from.

Last edited:

Jonesin'

I would say the Milaana 3 is pretty similar but better and has 1 replaceable 18650. Or you can get a double battery 510 mod and get a Splinter V or Z and run Arctic Fox or Red Panda to dial in temp control. Flavor is better than the Bowle and if you dump herb directly into the chamber instead of packing it in the basket screens you can easily stir in between hits and still get full extraction. The Bowle does have faster heat up time though which is rather impressive. Its heater is quite good and needs to be in a new unit with replaceable batteries and USB-C charging. People also have good things to say about the Tinymight but I never tried it.

My Bowle also was replaced for a fee as mentioned several pages back. Their warranty department is rather stringent and stingy. They assured me they would include extra screens in the replacement but instead I just got the brush and cleaning kit. Now whenever I insert the cable I pretend I am diffusing a bomb with extreme care. Hopefully I won't have another charging port issue but I feel like this is the true weakest spot of the device; not the battery as so many think. I have a Hopper IO so I know batteries can make or break a device. Hoping Tafee can learn from the mistakes of other companies and just update it substantially some way before they are stuck having to warranty replace so many more units sold and get buried into a hole they cannot escape from.
Thanks! I appreciate your input!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Reactions are just naturally different with folks, I think.
In the convection category I've come from owning hoppers, Splinter V1+ a Milaana3 a vleaf Go and a V3 Pro.
Bowle is the most recent addition and I'm still in honeymoon mode, for all the usual commonly cited reasons.
But it is part of a rotation, I appreciate all of them (well I did sell the M3).

So I think it's often a matter of perspective...

I'll say you English is better than many in the not-yet-great-again US of A!
I just saw a funny combination if words in that one sentence...

I can sit at my desk a take one hit every 10 minutes, through about an hour.
Each one is a quick hit opportunity!

Gnome34

Asking for my quick hit stories is like asking me to socialize. Lol, if I'm not at work I want to be at home. If I am at home my hits can take as long as I please!

That being said this thing is so reliable at heating up in like two seconds. I've got my breath trained to it from the on demand button press. If I were a socialite this would serve well for quick discrete hits.

buzzy funny

Hi, everyone. I'm having two issues with my new Bowle. First, fully charged I cannot get any vapor for the first 2-3 draws after powering on the puck. I've tried shorter and longer draws (up to 12-15 seconds), holding down the fire button, switching the mouthpiece, different herbs (and grind consistencies), and fill levels in the pots. I have made sure that the rear air intake is not blocked and that the rubber gaskets on the pots are in place. I reset the puck as well with no improvement.

Second, I can never get a draw after hitting the fire button once and drawing. I wait for the lights to turn green and draw immediately (again, with different intensities and lengths) but never get any vapor. I always need to hold down the fire button to get any vapor no matter the temperature setting on the puck.

Is something wrong with the breath sensor? Or something else? I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced these issues as I'm talking to POTV about a replacement unit.

I've been reading these forums for a while and just joined. A lot of great information here!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hi, everyone. I'm having two issues with my new Bowle. First, fully charged I cannot get any vapor for the first 2-3 draws after powering on the puck. I've tried shorter and longer draws (up to 12-15 seconds), holding down the fire button, switching the mouthpiece, different herbs (and grind consistencies), and fill levels in the pots. I have made sure that the rear air intake is not blocked and that the rubber gaskets on the pots are in place. I reset the puck as well with no improvement.

Second, I can never get a draw after hitting the fire button once and drawing. I wait for the lights to turn green and draw immediately (again, with different intensities and lengths) but never get any vapor. I always need to hold down the fire button to get any vapor no matter the temperature setting on the puck.

Is something wrong with the breath sensor? Or something else? I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced these issues as I'm talking to POTV about a replacement unit.

I've been reading these forums for a while and just joined. A lot of great information here!

It seems like you are trying everything, idk...
Are there times when you are getting a good, strong hit?
Have you tried on highest temp. setting?

Remember that heat is only being produced while light is green, so if it turns blue during a draw, re-click to re-start right away. Knowing and using this can also allow you to do some shorter puffs to get things going before you start your long steady draw (for me long is the default, successful draw).

Your post got me thinking about air leakage, so I tried drawing through the mp while blocking the air entry port on the bottom of the puck (as I would also suggest to you) but I'm surprised that I am getting a little passby(?) from somewhere(?). Just a slight amount I'm feeling, taking a firm draw, so now I wonder, what is the standard, folks? My initial assumption is there should be no air from other than the port, but...

Should blocking the air intake cause a total seal? Or is there some other air being allowed in, as a cooling aid or something?

I'm aware that the manufacturer began using a heavier o-ring on pods bought as accessories, but I think I have only the older ones.

buzzy funny

It seems like you are trying everything, idk...
Are there times when you are getting a good, strong hit?
Have you tried on highest temp. setting?

Remember that heat is only being produced while light is green, so if it turns blue during a draw, re-click to re-start right away. Knowing and using this can also allow you to do some shorter puffs to get things going before you start your long steady draw (for me long is the default, successful draw).

Your post got me thinking about air leakage, so I tried drawing through the mp while blocking the air entry port on the bottom of the puck (as I would also suggest to you) but I'm surprised that I am getting a little passby(?) from somewhere(?). Just a slight amount I'm feeling, taking a firm draw, so now I wonder, what is the standard, folks? My initial assumption is there should be no air from other than the port, but...

Should blocking the air intake cause a total seal? Or is there some other air being allowed in, as a cooling aid or something?

I'm aware that the manufacturer began using a heavier o-ring on pods bought as accessories, but I think I have only the older ones.
Thanks for the reply! I do get heavy hits once I get to about the third or fourth draw (always waiting for the lights to turn green). I've tried on various temperature settings and don't get anything in those first couple of hits. Once things are "warmed up" with those first couple of draws the hits are as big or small as I want. I experimented with putting an empty pot in the puck and doing a couple of "air" draws. This seems to "warm it up" sufficiently and then I can get good hits. POTV customer support is telling me that it's normal not to get anything on the first couple of hits in a session but that doesn't sound right to me at all - wondering what your and others' experience is with this.

Gnome34

Thanks for the reply! I do get heavy hits once I get to about the third or fourth draw (always waiting for the lights to turn green). I've tried on various temperature settings and don't get anything in those first couple of hits. Once things are "warmed up" with those first couple of draws the hits are as big or small as I want. I experimented with putting an empty pot in the puck and doing a couple of "air" draws. This seems to "warm it up" sufficiently and then I can get good hits. POTV customer support is telling me that it's normal not to get anything on the first couple of hits in a session but that doesn't sound right to me at all - wondering what your and others' experience is with this.
What temp setting are you on? I typically start at setting two at the lowest.

I only use the on demand/hold the button down mode so I do not have any experience with the breath sensor.

It does not sound like your unit is functioning correctly, you may reach out to Tafee instead of POTV and see what they think.

Are you loading the bowls fairly full?

buzzy funny

What temp setting are you on? I typically start at setting two at the lowest.

I only use the on demand/hold the button down mode so I do not have any experience with the breath sensor.

It does not sound like your unit is functioning correctly, you may reach out to Tafee instead of POTV and see what they think.

Are you loading the bowls fairly full?
Thanks, Gnome! I typically start on temp setting 2 and step up from there with bowls almost full (after a light tamp there's a little bit of a gap - maybe 2mm - between the herb and the top of the pot). I sent a message to Tafee this morning and am awaiting their reply.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
POTV may not be altogether wrong, first hit or two may be weaker than subsequent, this is a pattern with convection vaporizers. Folks with a strong-ish draw that goes on forever probably won't have this issue.

Dry herb might not take as long to produce, since the device wouldn't be using heat to first dry it? (that hasn't been mentioned...)

buzzy funny

POTV may not be altogether wrong, first hit or two may be weaker than subsequent, this is a pattern with convection vaporizers. Folks with a strong-ish draw that goes on forever probably won't have this issue.

Dry herb might not take as long to produce, since the device wouldn't be using heat to first dry it? (that hasn't been mentioned...)
My first 2 draws never produce anything, even thin whispy vapor, no matter the setting, draw intensity, or length (I don't have the lungs to go more than 15-20"). I'm using dry herb, not concentrates, and have tried it with three different herbs, including one that has been dried for months now. So, I don't think it's a moisture issue with the herb. I've read of trying "cigar puffs" on the first hit to get it going and am going to experiment with that. Wondering if you or anyone else has some tips here. Thanks again!

buzzy funny,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I've read of trying "cigar puffs" on the first hit to get it going and am going to experiment with that. Wondering if you or anyone else has some tips here. Thanks again!
This is kind of what I was getting at with;
I'm guessing that support will also make suggestions about draw before acknowledging that something might be wrong, and I'm curious to hear what they say.

Top Bottom