• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tafée Bowle

condition

As for accessories, I'll probably pick up some silicone fingertips. I like to empty my load when the avb is still warm. My other vapes (TM, Fw7, and Dyna), I just blow out the avb (never needed a debowler before).
You can remove the pot from the stem and then blow it from the bottom. Its what I do in my yard. Sometimes the screen also falls but I have many

ezpz

You can remove the pot from the stem and then blow it from the bottom. Its what I do in my yard. Sometimes the screen also falls but I have many
Yeah, that's what I've been doing. That's why I want to get some silicone fingertips from Amazon. That way, I don't have to guess whether the pot is too hot or not.

RxPlorer

Yeah, that's what I've been doing. That's why I want to get some silicone fingertips from Amazon. That way, I don't have to guess whether the pot is too hot or not.
I just give the edge of the pot a quick tap with my index finger to gauge how hot it is before committing to the grab. I learned this trick watching my Mexican friend cook traditional tortillas. She always flipped tortillas on the skillet by hand and honed some lighting fast reflexes in the process!

Last edited:

ondemander

Found a good deal on a used one. Not even 30 mins after making that comment. Crazy how fast things go. Hope to be using it sometime next week!
Just hope you never need a warranty issue. TB warranty does not transfer and it will cost $50-100 plus shipping to Canada to replace the puck for a common charging port issue they are having with the inferior micro-usb port. Even then who knows if the replacement unit is covered.

ka9vto

Tafee Bowle arive 4/5/22 So far loving it, Did have a few shipping Issues but thay are being handle very well Pleased to do business with L'équipe LaCentraleVapeur 100% solid People Thanks Max

fangorn

Just hope you never need a warranty issue. TB warranty does not transfer and it will cost $50-100 plus shipping to Canada to replace the puck for a common charging port issue they are having with the inferior micro-usb port. Even then who knows if the replacement unit is covered.
That's not what they told me... that they wrotte me !

stonedmallone

I find it a little odd that this company just drops a dope ass vape and then just goes ghost:huh::huh::huh:. I don't mean customer service, their cs is actually incredible, I mean like no new products? No updates? No posts?! This vape is fantastic! They should be growing this ecosystem! I get it I get it, pandemic, supply chain, it probably makes it tough. Idk I just think he needs to get the word out more on this bad boy. More marketing!

The general silence from them and their inability to maintain any stock on their website for an extended period of time is definitely concerning at this point. I understand supply chain issues but their issues seem more extreme than most companies in this space. The product was launched over a year ago and they still don’t have consistent stock of units or accessories. What gives? I really hope they don’t suddenly disappear one day. I love this vape and they could be reaching way more users if they completely revised their marketing strategy and started working on a few key accessories/improvements.

3xFantasyChamp

Thanks. But yeah, that's a genuine concern I've had. It's been great so far and I've used it every day since I've gotten it. It's used multiple times a day. No issues yet *knocks on wood*. But I'm realistic and know things don't always last.

Esquire

I find it a little odd that this company just drops a dope ass vape and then just goes ghost:huh::huh::huh:. I don't mean customer service, their cs is actually incredible, I mean like no new products? No updates? No posts?! This vape is fantastic! They should be growing this ecosystem! I get it I get it, pandemic, supply chain, it probably makes it tough. Idk I just think he needs to get the word out more on this bad boy. More marketing!
I agree with you. I expected, at the very least, the release of a new cup with handle (I've seen @stickstones using it). I don't necessarily knock the company for not releasing a whole new device yet, though. I don't know how many of the OG units Tafee has sold. If you told me that 25,000 were sold, then yes, I would be expecting a new release, at least something where the lights and charging port are not covered by the cup, and USB C charging or 18650 removable batteries. If they fix the charging port and light locations, Tafee could release a cup that actually withstands the elements. I would LOVE the option to have something like a Yeti on top of that puck (although admittedly I stopped using the cup about a month after some warm tea caused it to fracture - and Tafee replaced it free of charge).

Tafee has also had some issues with its grinders. It has replaced my metal grinder 2x and my plastic 1x because the magnet pops out and is impossible to get back in snugly. Again, customer service could not have been more accommodating and I love them for that.

One comparison that comes to mind is the Firefly 2+, which was the second portable I purchased and a piece that I still LOVE today. I think that, because it's not a "heavy hitter" and because it requires some technique, it's not often talked about. But my point - it was $249.99 when it was released 4+ years ago, and it's the only device Firefly currently sells. No upgrades, no 2.0 release, etc. Either it's just a fantastic product that still sells like crap, or they don't sell many at all and it's a business operated out of a garage. I'm just shocked that a company devoted to vaporizers only has one device. Tafee is still young. If nothing new is released by this time in 2023, I would be surprised. But, it's not unprecedented.

condition

Some good points by Esquire, I would also like to know how many devices Taffee sold worldwide and also how many full time staff.

condition,

Carrera3.0

We are fortunate there are a lot of very bright, creative people that have both the knowledge & ability to turn an idea into a high quality product, that actually performs "as promised" in this industry who are putting out some beautiful, very effective "instruments" to be used to facilitate the vaporization of whatever a person fancies.

It is very difficult, especially in these trying times, to come up with the idea for a product, but design, engineer, build, sometimes even build machines to help with building the product!

And then do everything else required to run a business operation, even the larger of the small companies as well as others that have been purchased by larger multi nationals have a hard time bringing a product to market, let alone scaling the operation up to meet demand.

I'm surprised things work out as well as they do, and very grateful, it's part of the charm that comes with using an artisan contraption to get the benefits of a natural herb.

Last edited:

Esquire

We are fortunate there are a lot of very bright, creative people that have both the knowledge & ability to turn an idea into a high quality product, that actually performs "as promised" in this industry who are putting out some beautiful, very effective "instruments" to be used to facilitate the vaporization of whatever a person fancies.

It is very difficult, especially in these trying times, to come up with the idea for a product, but design, engineer, build, sometimes even build machines to help with building the product!

And then do everything else required to run a business operation, even the larger of the small companies as well as others that have been purchased by larger multi nationals have a hard time bringing a product to market, let alone scaling the operation up to meet demand.

I'm surprised things work out as well as they do, and very grateful, it's part of the charm that comes with using an artisan contraption to get the benefits of a natural herb.
Well said.

Where can I buy replacement screens?
You can buy them from Tafee or from Planet of the Vapes, which has free shipping if you spend around $25. Honestly, since I've had the device, I think I've only had to throw away 1-2 screens, although the Bowle screens are a little more sensitive then others (they are flexible in their threads). I can't speak for everyone, but I use a Pordebowl (Old Head Trading Company). As soon as the pot is cool enough to handle, I take it out, turn it upside down and let the poker from the Pordebowl lightly scrape around the edges, and then most of the load will gently fall out on its own.

After enough usage where there is residue all over the sides of the pot, or if the screen is really gunked up, I just remove the red O-ring (don't forget this step) and drop the entire pot into some ISO. During the pandemic I got smarter with my ISO usage (it was on short supply). I pour some into a small jar that I got from Michaels (just a small glass jar with a sealing lid - you only need 1-2 oz. of ISO if you buy a container that is really small). I drop the pots in there upside down. After 10 minutes, they will come out looking great (you may need to take a q-tip and wipe around a little bit). Then, I dunk the pot in clean water to rid the pot of any ISO residue, let it air dry, and it's good as new. Nine times out of 10 I don't even have to remove the screen during this process.

If you want to conserve ISO even more, once your little container of ISO has a lot of shake in it, grab a cheap coffee filter, and pour the ISO into another little container over the filter. The ISO might not be clear anymore, but with all of the particulate out of it, you can re-use it for as long as you like. And, use 99% ISO. You can grab it by the gallon now on Amazon at a very reasonable price (the pandemic shortage appears to be over).

Using this method, I keep my pots very clean. Just don't forget to remove the O-ring before you dunk in ISO. The O-rings will not withstand ISO, and they are thin to begin with. I purchased a whole kit from POTV that included extra screens and O-rings. It's a smart thing to have on hand.

Love the device to death.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Where can I buy replacement screens?
I just got some of these on suggestion from members here (the 1/2" size) and they work fine;

Also on his (@ChooChooCharlie's) suggestion, I'm wiping the pots with iso prep pads (rather than soak). These at less than 1-1/2 cents apiece.
The O-rings will not withstand ISO
I don't soak the silicone c-rings, but i do remove them and wipe them down with an iso prep pad (70%), no problem.
True confessions, I also wipe the mouthpiece inside and out with iso [I've used 99%, but sparingly]. It may degrade over some long time, but for a few months now it is okay.

condition

The problem with submerging whole pot in iso is that the parts of the screen touching the ceramic (1mm outer circle) won't get clean and it is always gets dirty first. At least this happens to me so I have to clean only the screen except once per month the whole pot (after removing the o-ring). Taffee has also improved quality the o-rings, making them much thicker thus more resistant to iso bath.

jbm

Patiently awaiting new accessories or a v2 as well. IIRC, either here or elsewhere Tafee posted something around the start of the year about taking a step back to evaluate their options for accessories, v2 etc after gathering feedback in 2021.
IIRC there had been some talk about a WPA. I’m still trying to figure out how that’d work.

3xFantasyChamp

IIRC there had been some talk about a WPA. I’m still trying to figure out how that’d work.
I've been wondering if anyone here was hitting the Bowle through glass at all. I want to say I've seen someone on Reddit do it, but definitely doesn't seem very common. I imagine it'd just be a mouthpiece that fits in to 14mm/18mm.

3xFantasyChamp,
Reactions: MinnBobber

Esquire

I've been wondering if anyone here was hitting the Bowle through glass at all. I want to say I've seen someone on Reddit do it, but definitely doesn't seem very common. I imagine it'd just be a mouthpiece that fits in to 14mm/18mm.
I've never felt the need to. It hits so hard and so smooth on its own that water to me would only diminish the flavor. But I get the desire for others to have a WPA.

I’d be concerned with using it inverted, assuming they just came out with a mouthpiece that fit a ground glass joint. Maybe it’s fine, but I don’t know with that top screen that seems fairly delicate. The other option would be a whip to 14/18mm adapter or something like that?

Either way, I have zero desire to use the Bowle with water. This is the vape I turn to when I specifically don’t want to fuck with water and just want the easiest, most streamlined vaping process possible.

jbm

I’d be concerned with using it inverted, assuming they just came out with a mouthpiece that fit a ground glass joint. Maybe it’s fine, but I don’t know with that top screen that seems fairly delicate. The other option would be a whip to 14/18mm adapter or something like that?

Either way, I have zero desire to use the Bowle with water. This is the vape I turn to when I specifically don’t want to fuck with water and just want the easiest, most streamlined vaping process possible.
Having cold liquid in the cup (if you're using it) does offer some cooling.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yeah no WPA design is going to have you invert the device, I think that is part of the complication in releasing one, seems to require two different versions: one that bends the mouthpiece over the top with a WPA to connect to a hydro tube, and another one that bends underneath, leaving room for the air intake, so you can sit it on top of a rig upright... Maybe someday! :2c::peace::tup:

staircase slight of hand

one that bends the mouthpiece over the top with a WPA to connect to a hydro tube

I feel like bending it over the top is overkill. Just have it sticking out the side like it currently is, just a little bit further out so you could have a 14mm joint on top instead of the stem, and then let folks use their hydrotube of choice.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I feel like bending it over the top is overkill. Just have it sticking out the side like it currently is, just a little bit further out so you could have a 14mm joint on top instead of the stem, and then let folks use their hydrotube of choice.

I actually don't think it would be as stable, and I think it would put more pressure on the stem? Being able to set it on top, it's just begging for a hydro tube there instead of the cup lol However if the WPA is made the way you describe, I actually think they could make it swappable, so the actual ground glass joint connection could be removed along with a plug on the opposite side, that way you could swap it from hydro tube use to sitting on a bubbler use... Yeah I think this is the way, this must be the WPA version they are working on, at least I hope so!

Shit Snacks,
Top Bottom