Switched from smoking to vaporizing. Some things are still unclear to me.

DutchOven

In the south, near Eindhoven. We don't have a shop I can think of that sells biological weed

DutchOven,

DutchOven

Just to nitpick, your Ascent is full-on conduction with not a hint of convection. It's also shock full of stinky silicone that doesn't like being cleaned with ISO and will degrade over time. On top of that, due to a design flaw, it's electronics are not fully isolated from the vapor path and that flaw also makes the vapor to air ratio sub-optimal (i.e. very diluted)

It was my very first own vape, so it's entirely experience speaking here. Nowadays I would recommend everything but the Ascent, it's so finicky to use, super under-powered. And yes you are starting at a very high temperature. If you want to maximize both taste and effects, start at 180°C and ramp your way up to 210°C progressively when the vapor output lowers. It takes longer to extract but it will preserve taste better.

Ah, and tamp the shit down out of your bowl! Use any kind of tool or even the tip of your finger, and compress the material in your bowl. It must make contact with the bowl walls and bottom at all times. So make a little puck. And be careful, if you draw too hard or shake the device the puck might rise and vapor production will lower. It's very important to use the puck technique with all conduction vapes.

Some also recommend using glass beads to add thermal mass and help the puck stay in place. I never liked those because unloading scorching hot beads and sorting the ABV bits out of them while outside was a pain. But they do increase vapor output in this device.

I don't want to discourage you of course, it is still much better than smoking. But if you stick around here you will soon discover a world of much better performing vapes that don't have the above-mentioned shortcomings.

Allright. Thanks for the detailed review. I'm not using those glass capsules btw. Just loading the crushed weed into the chamber. I do put a screen in to keep the glass pipe clean. Seems to go fine. I will keep the temperature in mind.

DutchOven,
Reactions: RobbIt

west-elec

I use a plastic water bottle to dump the bubbler vape water and it is a lite greenish color after dumping for a while so the chlorophyll gets in there . as long as your cannabis is clean and free of chemicals that can be transferred during vaping you are good to go for health. if you vape weed that has been soaked in formaldehyde or pesticides then it is not healthy to vape.
I have a hypothesis that burning/smoking improperly flushed weed will destroy some of the petro chems used in growing where vaping would more easily send the not flushed petro chems into your respiratory system without destroying them. even the burned versions from smoking could be a mutated burnt form of the chemicals though.
From the thread 'tar from herb in vapor'

C No Ego

From the thread 'tar from herb in vapor'
I kind of thought that someone brought up my opinionated pieces on vapes delivering more pesticides than smoking .. I looked into this years back when I found out that Mexican brick weed was purposefully soaked in pesticide tanks that the Cartel acquired off the highways. apparently it made the stuff seem stronger and the people smoking it just thought it smelled like pesticides LOL .. ( not funny , I just do that)
Anyway , if vaped or smoked any pesticide laden weed is not good really no matter how we take ...

Green Kiwi

Hello. I'm in NL as well, and I choose my suppliers wisely, especially because there is no consumer protection, because supplying outlets is still illegal. I don't know whereabouts you live in NL, but I'm a very happy customer with Dr Green in The Hague and Boerejongens in Amsterdam. Especially Boerejongens, as the outlet of Amsterdam Genetics is excellent.
I can in Utrecht also really recommend "het grasje" en de Boot.
Ik ben bevriend met beidde eigenaren en ,kan uit eigen ervaring vertellen dat zij alleen proper weed verpatsen.
you pay more overthere I ,agree, but the quality is"honest with love grown good shit"!

(PS) good luck with another"RUTTE"., Jesus, what a bunch of braindead scared people living there, I am soo grateful we made the decision to leave.......)

Green Kiwi,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Roffa

Ik ben bevriend met beidde eigenaren en ,kan uit eigen ervaring vertellen dat zij alleen proper weed verpatsen.
you pay more overthere I ,agree, but the quality is"honest with love grown good shit"!

(PS) good luck with another"RUTTE"., Jesus, what a bunch of braindead scared people living there, I am soo grateful we made the decision to leave.......)
Thanks for the support. We need it! Good for you for getting out of here.

DutchOven

Yeah these damn politics over here ... sucks bigtime. You won't believe it, but a friend of mine got kicked out of his house by the mayor, because police found 1 (ONE!!) plant that was drying for only one day. They put the whole thing (still wet and heavy), including twigs, leafs and waste on the scale and now he has "1.4kg of weed in his house". Since the plant grew in the woods all summer, they didn't find any dangerous growing equipment what soever. Reason he grew it, was because he wanted to go biological because coffeeshop weed can't be trusted ...

Yes this happened in the Netherlands. Border municipal near Belgium and the mayor was from CDA ... It's really starting to get Fcked up over here ...

Top Bottom