Super Surfer Vs Ditanium for first Desktop Vape

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I’ve been using my FP without water lately (medium sized dry piece), and personally I’d rather have it with any random glass than not have it.

I got that stereo matrix knockoff too, and it was $60 from NewVape, but they don’t seem to have any right now. You can get the same thing shipped from China on DHGate though.

The only drawback to that stereo matrix for me is that I get blowback out of the bowl if I stop my draw abruptly (one of the reasons I’m using it dry right now). Using less water or a dropdown might lessen or stop that, and it’s otherwise nice, but there are plenty of other options out there too. If you have any glass I’d just start with that and get something later when you know more what will work best for you. :)
The megaglobe does this blow back too. Seems more so with the whip I just pull my bowl now when I'm really tearing at her. I think I do most the time without thinking. It opens the airflow wide up so it's easy to clear so I think it has just become habit.

Vaporware

anyone know which pieces in this bundle are neccesary and which are extra, would like to see if i could reduce the price https://www.newvape.com/collections...ducts/flowerpot-weedeater-essentials-bundle-1

You only need both post sizes if you want to use it with 14mm and 18mm glass without adapters. Nice to have, but not necessary.

The handle is also not necessary, but it’s nice to have. If you don’t buy one I’d make some kind of handle, but it’s not required.

You can also substitute a coffee mug or other material that can take high temps for the stand, but I feel better about it being on a solid stand.

Edit: That means the minimum you need is:

1. A PID controller and 20mm coil (check that it’s the right height if it’s not from NewVape).

2. A head (VRod for flower and concentrates, WeedEater for flower only, ShowerHead for flower and maybe occasional concentrates if you like it better).

You should also get a carb cap if you want to use concentrates, but that can wait if you’re focused on flower.

3. A bowl (and post if they’re the adjustable type). You can also get glass bowls that fit or maybe some older Ti designs in the clearance section if they’re not sold out. Those are cheaper options, but glass is obviously less durable, and the glass bowls are smaller.

Oh, and extra screens are a good idea just in case, but the thick or double weave Ti screens can last for years.

Everything else is good but not required to get started. Using it with a handle is more comfortable in my opinion though, and I feel better having it on a stand, but you can probably put together something you’d be comfortable with for both if you want to spend less up front.

At least in the past I could usually find some percentage off with a discount code (maybe 5-10%) and there have been larger discounts (15-20%) on some holidays and stuff. Black Friday is probably the next one of those.

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
That looks pretty dope, also looks expensive lol
The drop down was from New Vape when they were offering them and was a little pricey at somewhere between $20-30 USD but the bong is just cheap China glass from dhgate and was $58 Canadian. So far all of my pieces have blow back when used with water so I just remove the bowl and eliminate the headache but you can pretty much negate it also by how you dismount the bong, when your coming to the end of your hit keep inhaling but slightly break the seal with the corners of your mouth then very slowly start moving away from the bong while continuing to suck until you're off the bong. It works but it's a pain in the ass and I don't always get it right if I'm baked and not concentrating so I just remove the bowl. I know some of the accessories are expensive like the handle and the stand with debowler but I think they are totally worth it, especially the handle if you're not interested in making your own out of something like a wooden dowel it really adds a layer of safety imho, sharing with friends who might not be giving the vape full attention in a social setting the handle just makes things more idiot proof and the stand with debowler keeps everything neat, tidy and together and it's something you'll use everyday unless use hate the smell of avb left out. Are they expensive? Perhaps but to me totally worth it 😁

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
@VaporWare my bob the builder skills isn’t the best so I wouldn’t know how to go about making an handle. I’ll have to get that piece but it would have saved money for sure.

@Bad Dog that is definitely cheaper than it looked to my untrained eye, thanks for the technique advice I always wondered why blowback happens

@jardri

is there a type of glass that’s naturally blowback resistant?

Sour Dream,
Reactions: arb

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Well...since your down the Newvape path, have you looked at this setup? Little less on the wallet. https://vgoodiez.com/collections/7t...coil-and-micro-enail-by-disorderly-conduction

Depends on your comfort level using but I’ve ran this setup and had super results. Broke my coil, put it away for a few months...THEN got bored with handhelds. Ordered a vrod, should be here tomorrow:D
I honestly dont know anything about that, is it just another enail controller and coil alternative than the ones Newvape sells?

Sour Dream,

Vaporware

Most users seem to like the Elev8r too, but the glass or quartz heater isn’t too hard to break (as opposed to the FP’s solid titanium heater).

The all-glass air path is a nice feature though. I wouldn’t mind trying an Elev8r too. Or even better, the upcoming InVerzion (for now InV1) which should be something like a glass FP:

arb

Semi shaved ape
Most users seem to like the Elev8r too, but the glass or quartz heater isn’t too hard to break (as opposed to the FP’s solid titanium heater).

The all-glass air path is a nice feature though. I wouldn’t mind trying an Elev8r too. Or even better, the upcoming InVerzion (for now InV1) which should be something like a glass FP:

Go in there and poke at that fella and get'em moving......lolz
😆

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Same principle. Coil heats incoming air to bowl. It uses an all glass Elev8r heater.

There’s a couple threads about it. Here’s the main https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-elev8r-from-7th-floor.25855/

ahh okay that is interesting.

This might be a stupid question(s) but if i get the flowerpot without the handle, is it usable at all? Or would one burn themself?

Also is there a good resource to learn more about glass pipes/recyclers/etc and the recommended thickness and materials?

https://dailyhighclub.com/products/daily-high-club-globe-bong?variant=21596765618256 i like the look of this one dont know if its worth the cost or not

Sour Dream,

Vaporware

ahh okay that is interesting.

This might be a stupid question(s) but if i get the flowerpot without the handle, is it usable at all? Or would one burn themself?

Also is there a good resource to learn more about glass pipes/recyclers/etc and the recommended thickness and materials?

https://dailyhighclub.com/products/daily-high-club-globe-bong?variant=21596765618256 i like the look of this one dont know if its worth the cost or not

It’s fine to use without a handle, there’s just a smaller area to grab it by. If you look back through the FP thread, people have made handles pretty cheaply/easily, but it’s just a little easier to grab a large handle, not a requirement.

Most people who use these coils for dabbing, etc. don’t seem to have handles and they do fine.

I’ve had something close to what you linked, and it does work fine with the FP and bowls with 14mm posts, but I generally prefer something with a little more volume inside it (smaller ones seemed maybe a little harsher to me; maybe just denser vapor?), but that one works, as do most others.

Just watch out for anything that puts the bowl too close to your face or has parts that are too close to the downstem to fit the bowl and heater. Oh, or anything tiny and really light that would tip over easily, but most of those would probably be 10mm anyway.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Only thing is I would need to buy some real glass if I went that route which makes it more expensive, any suggestions on glass?

I use this generic sidecar piece with my flowerpot on a daily basis, and I'm very happy with it. I think I only paid around $40 for it.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW-thumb-1452.jpg

Last edited:

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
It’s fine to use without a handle, there’s just a smaller area to grab it by. If you look back through the FP thread, people have made handles pretty cheaply/easily, but it’s just a little easier to grab a large handle, not a requirement.

Most people who use these coils for dabbing, etc. don’t seem to have handles and they do fine.

I’ve had something close to what you linked, and it does work fine with the FP and bowls with 14mm posts, but I generally prefer something with a little more volume inside it (smaller ones seemed maybe a little harsher to me; maybe just denser vapor?), but that one works, as do most others.

Just watch out for anything that puts the bowl too close to your face or has parts that are too close to the downstem to fit the bowl and heater. Oh, or anything tiny and really light that would tip over easily, but most of those would probably be 10mm anyway.

thank you that was helpful and informative. I didn’t even consider some of those points so I’m glad I asked. I think I’ll skip the one I linked for now and get one on dhs and see if someone local has glass.

I use this generic sidecar piece with my flowerpot on a daily basis, and I'm very happy with it. I think I only paid around $40 for it.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW-thumb-1452.jpg

I think I saw that one on dhs or whatever it’s called, I was thinking about getting it

No handle needed! I dont have one and never felt the need for one.

gotcha, so you never had any problems using it without a handle at all?

Honestly I think it’s crazy that a handle costs $40 lol I have the money but I’m not trying to spend it on goofy stuff

Sour Dream,
Reactions: arb

someTooL

gotcha, so you never had any problems using it without a handle at all?

Honestly I think it’s crazy that a handle costs $40 lol I have the money but I’m not trying to spend it on goofy stuff
All in your comfort level. I didn’t use one before and had no issues. I will admit though after the night goes on I found myself slowing down to grab just to make sure. But for the NV, I added a handle (I know $40 lol) and thought a little extra something to grab might be good for the long haul.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
All in your comfort level. I didn’t use one before and had no issues. I will admit though after the night goes on I found myself slowing down to grab just to make sure. But for the NV, I added a handle (I know $40 lol) and thought a little extra something to grab might be good for the long haul.
Guess I will get it, $40 won’t matter in the long run it just feels bad tho lol

Jory K

Hey, I'm ready to move on from more portables until something interesting comes out from a reliable manufacturer that actually has customer service lol (cough cough, tinymight).

I have been trying to narrow it down between the two and to a lesser extent the original silver surfer and maybe the cloudx evo.

I am interested in the Super over the Silver surfer since it has a few and seems to have a few minor improvements, but I don't know if that is worth the cost over the Ditanium.

The Ditanium looks better aesthetically doesn't look super boy racer like a lot of these vapes, but I usually consume smaller amounts and it seems like I would have to get the titanium piece if I wanted to use that one.

Not sure which route to take.

not interested in the more complicated ones like the flowerpot even tho everyone seems to love it
Hi,
The Ditanium is a great desktop dual use vape/e-nail , also called TWAX vape,which works well and comes in at a pretty decent price point.
The flowerpot, and their V-Rod TWAX vape are also amazing, but they’re a little pricy, but in my opinion totally worth it. I absolutely love Bew Vape. They’re a great company with amazing customer service (I had a $175.00 piece break after about 10 mos. usage due to a manufacturing defect with my D-cup modular titanium banger with 30mm obsidian dish. and I called them and told them what happened and they sent me out a brand new upgraded v2 of the part the same day, totally free of charge).
Personally, I’d recommend you look into getting an Aritzer Extreme Q. They’re amazing dual use vapes that can be used with either a whip or a balloon and even has a lcd readout, remote control, cool blur led accent lighting that you can turn on and off. They have a 3year warranty on unit and a lifetime warranty on its ceramic heater (I leave mine on continuously so I never have to wait the 2-3 minutes for it to warm up, lol, and have had it turned on almost two years straight, well except when I moved it to use in another room or the back porch or something, and I’ve never had an issue with it. Another great thing about it is the price. When I got mine they were selling for $199, but have since gone down in price to $169, but right now Vapor.com has them on sale for only $115.!! You can’t go wrong with that deal!!
The only other thing I’d recommend is that if you do buy it that you also pickup a “D-Dave mod” for it. They replace the Cyclone bowls supplied by Aritzer when you buy the Extreme Q. Now, please don’t get me wrong, the cyclone bowls work great, but the D-Dave mod bowls are just a bit better as they place the herb closer to the heater than the Cyclone bowls do, which gives it a more open air path which affects flavor, potency, smoothness of hit, and cloud production, and aren’t expensive. The ddave mods only like $20
I have and HIGHLY recommend both the Vape and the mod!!!
Jory K

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Hi,
The Ditanium is a great desktop dual use vape/e-nail , also called TWAX vape,which works well and comes in at a pretty decent price point.
The flowerpot, and their V-Rod TWAX vape are also amazing, but they’re a little pricy, but in my opinion totally worth it. I absolutely love Bew Vape. They’re a great company with amazing customer service (I had a $175.00 piece break after about 10 mos. usage due to a manufacturing defect with my D-cup modular titanium banger with 30mm obsidian dish. and I called them and told them what happened and they sent me out a brand new upgraded v2 of the part the same day, totally free of charge).
Personally, I’d recommend you look into getting an Aritzer Extreme Q. They’re amazing dual use vapes that can be used with either a whip or a balloon and even has a lcd readout, remote control, cool blur led accent lighting that you can turn on and off. They have a 3year warranty on unit and a lifetime warranty on its ceramic heater (I leave mine on continuously so I never have to wait the 2-3 minutes for it to warm up, lol, and have had it turned on almost two years straight, well except when I moved it to use in another room or the back porch or something, and I’ve never had an issue with it. Another great thing about it is the price. When I got mine they were selling for $199, but have since gone down in price to $169, but right now Vapor.com has them on sale for only $115.!! You can’t go wrong with that deal!!
The only other thing I’d recommend is that if you do buy it that you also pickup a “D-Dave mod” for it. They replace the Cyclone bowls supplied by Aritzer when you buy the Extreme Q. Now, please don’t get me wrong, the cyclone bowls work great, but the D-Dave mod bowls are just a bit better as they place the herb closer to the heater than the Cyclone bowls do, which gives it a more open air path which affects flavor, potency, smoothness of hit, and cloud production, and aren’t expensive. The ddave mods only like $20
Jory K

This is info i wanted to know! I did look into an EQ a couple months ago but i felt like i would end up wanting to upgrade, so i was looking for something a little more long term and more highly regarded.

Thank you for this info

Sour Dream,

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Lol
Hi,
Jory K

The Extreme Q has plastics and electronics in the airpath, bad quality insulation, needs a lot of tinkering to work and it does not produce clouds even close to any vape mentioned in this thread. Is this an undercover advertisement??

Top Bottom