• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Suggestions for my second vape: C+ vs MV1

blazin_ant

Hello,

First time poster - and actually only found out about this forum a couple hours ago... And even after some reading, I was still not convinced so thought I'd make a thread and introduce myself.

Spanish, early 30s and currently living in Australia. Been smoking since I'm 18 and started to get rid of combustion one year ago.

I currently own the (older) FF2. After serious research, I went for it because it seemed like it satisfied what I was looking for: "Flavour, Convection & Portability".

I love it. I understand the main complaints people have, but it works for me... To a certain extent...

Once I learnt how to best use it, I get great draws and give me a really fun high in addition to fantastic flavour.

I still use it when I'm by myself. But not when there's someone else. It's not very social-friendly. And that makes me fall back to joints when there's people around and as consequence by myself too.

So, I want to upgrade my equipment and would love to get a second vape I may be able to share a little easier. I'm fully aware joints won't leave me and I'm cool with that, but wouldn't mind trying to reduce them or at least have a good solid choice.

So, my current research has led me to believe my best choice would either be either:

Crafty+
Ghost MV1

What I'm looking for... Similar to what I wanted when I got the FF2. Flavour, convection (or hybrid?), portability (I don't mind that it may not fit in a trouser pocket) and good for sharing.

I think I also prefer on-demand (which would make the Ghost my go-to chooce), but I have very little experience with session vapes.

I like smoking by myself at home, relaxing, during a movie or playing some games. Outside while treking, on the beach, etc... Or with mates in all of those scenarios, sometimes even cheeky between pubs.

Maybe this was a lot of unnecesary information but wanted to know if your experience may be able to point me in one direction or another. Or even choices I didn't think about that may suit my lifestyle.

All and all, trying to make this beautiful habit as healthy as I can make it. Also, I find that the vape high is different and I enjoy it much more which is nice.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I’d go Crafty. I don’t own one but I do have a Mighty. From what I understand they have similarities. I like the open draw, flavor is great, ease of use, and ability to use dosing capsules or not use dosing capsules. The mighty fits in my back pocket, no problem.

The mv1 has always intrigued me but the whining noise and crucible requirement have ultimately kept me away. For some reason the shape of the vaporizer bothers me too. I can’t see it feeling better than the crafty in the pocket.

blazin_ant

Thanks @TheThriftDrifter!

Thanks for the input @Engleja. What is your input with the whole on-demand vs session? The thing that makes me wonder if the Crafty is for me is the "waiting time" plus the fact that I have to consume the whole bowl when I get it going.

I guess it's not that different than a joint in that regard... But I really enjoy being able to have go at the FF, leaving it and going for it again later... That being said, I still have the FF for that. Socially I'd probably just finish a bowl anyway...

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
The Crafty+ is not a convection device, and not on-demand either. However, in social scenarios it's probably easier to share, esp. since the MV1 is more of a microdoser, which would need to be reloaded constantly. The MV1 is also much less intuitive than the Crafty+. So if sharing is your major priority, I'd go with the Crafty+.

Devices that will meet all your needs (convection, on-demand, works in social scenarios) are rare in my opinion. Maybe one of the Sticky Bricks or likewise devices if your friends are okay with handling a torch? Then again: maybe not...

The only device I would recommend fully is the Tinymight from Finland; pure convection, on-demand, high quality vapor, chamber can be resized on the fly... – it even has a session mode and is very easy to use. But also has a little bit of a waiting list. Then again: it's even cheaper than the Crafty+. :-)

blazin_ant

Crafty over ghost, especially if at all using on the go. Crafty much easier to share IMO. But really neither do it for me and neither are like the firefly.

Thanks for the input! Looks like of I end up going for either it will likely be the Crafty then. I will likely still be using the firefly when I'm by myself.

The only device I would recommend fully is the Tinymight from Finland; pure convection, on-demand, high quality vapor, chamber can be resized on the fly... – it even has a session mode and is very easy to use. But also has a little bit of a waiting list. Then again: it's even cheaper than the Crafty+. :-)

That sounds pretty epic! Never heard of it, will do a bit of reading and keep my eye out! I'm in no rush so don't mind a bit of waiting. Thanks for this!

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
@Engleja. What is your input with the whole on-demand vs session?

Though my Mighty is not an on-demand vape I sort of treat it like one. I bet my sessions with it are less than 3 min on average. I more often then not am vaping small amounts using the dosing capsules though you can put a very small amount in the chamber with good results. My sessions go like this. Turn it on, wait for heat up, load necessary dosage, rip it for usually under a min, shut it down.

When I smoked my meds I only packed personals. Meaning a fresh tiny hit for every bowl pack. I never liked that charred bowl taste. This ritual has carried over into vaping for me. The Mighty ,and I assume the crafty would too, excel at “the personal pack method”. Ive tried the hit it and come back to it later with a good amount of vapes and never liked the results. This is probably personal to me as I like “personal method”. I think it comes down to getting good flavor is more important to me.

That being said, my mighty also could also handle a group of pro vapers vaping vast quantities! from what I hear the Crafty can hang In the same way but with less usage time due to one less battery.

I think you should seriously consider the Mighty too. It’s not that much bigger and it’s track record is predictable.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
@blazin_ant like others have said don’t discount the sticky bricks for on-demand. The downsides for me is that the learning curve doesn't lend itself well to sharing (the restrictor discs really help) and if vaping outside or in bright light I can’t see the torches flame which can cause combustion issues.

The Stray Fox,
Reactions: blazin_ant

F-UCTD

I have a very similar vape story to you, even the living in Australia part. My vape journey began with the FF2 as well. I chose it for the same reasons that you stated Flavour, Convection and Portability.

What's interesting is that when the FF2 was my only vape and it was working properly I would sing its praises to the heavens. I would tell stories about it that would make God weep. What changed my mind on the FF2 was costochondritis and the experience of a few other vapes. I'm not talking any of the portables from the S&B line I'm talking a couple of Splinters and the Ghost MV1.

I know the Mighty is a great vape but the quality of its vapour is not in the same league as the FF2, or the Ghost MV1 (fighting words I know.) Those two are similar in flavour, those are the ones you hit to get the early subtle terpenes, and those are the ones who maintain flavour longest throughout the bowl (and really that is what makes the best vapes the best vapes, not cloud production even though that is what is most commonly used to sell them.)

Albeit with 100% convection you need to stir after a few hits, it really is a small price to pay for the superior flavour. For most of my use now the Splinter is my main weapon but there is no denying its size makes it not very portable, and it would need to be fitted with a long xl8r stem and run on temp control to get close to the softness of the taste and subtlety of flavour that you get from the first draw of the Ghost MV1 or FF2.

You don't work hard for vapour with the Ghost MV1. It's the closest thing I've ever found to a one and done bong hit if you ignore its haptic feedback and keep pulling until your lungs explode. With the Ghost, you can even session it like the Mighty. When I did this with my mate I was getting much tastier vapour for longer than he was. Each vape out there has good and bad points but at the end of the day, you go with what's most important to you. You make your criteria and you follow it to try to get the best experience out there.

I don't know what vape you will choose between those two, but I've decided that my next vape will be a Sticky Brick Jnr - once again for the reasons you stated Flavour, Convection and Portability.

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Get a Fury Edge for your pub crawling, beach combing, and socializing. Get an og Sticky Brick, Splinter, or Lotus for home use so you'll never be tempted to combust again and can enjoy on demand convection at home where it's practical.

In this scenario you can slot the Tinymight in place of the Fury Edge. Instead of just passing it to your friends you'll need to teach them to use it, worry that they'll drop it, and need to reload it twice as often.

I don't think either the Crafty Plus or the MV1 are a smart choice for the use you describe but I do agree that the crafty is much closer to being a pocket sharing vape. S&B are just woeful with this wait ten years to drop the same dated design approach. To be fair I've only owned and used a Mighty but it was a bulky weed hog with a high price and slow heat up not to mention the plastic airpath and proprietary charger.

And I can't see why anyone would sign up for the myriad design flaws of the MV1. You have a fussy finesse vape already.

blazin_ant

What is This Sharing B.S.?
Let them do their own?
You've already got one of the best, what your considering would be redundant?:popcorn:

I think your just itching to spend?

Who doesn't like shiny new toys? :p

But seriously, I really enjoy those moments passing around a cone between mates after a surf session, or after dinner when guests are around... So I am interested in being able to introduce a combustion-less alternative.

Since sharing the FF becomes frustrating, I keep that to myself.

I've seen the Sticky Brick and was tempted for a little while, but I prefer not to depend on a torch to consume.

I will look into thr Fury as suggested... Thanks for the input.

So far, after all of this information (thanks all!)... The C+ (or even the Mighty!) seems to make the final cut.

Except... A new contestant showed up. There doesn't seem to be much information nor availability for it... But the little I've seen of the TinyMight seems too attractive to ignore. I am in no rush, so unless I'm just getting FOMO or I'm being hypnotized by yet-another-new-shiny-toy... ... ... And in regards of waitlist... I don't mind waiting for what looks like something that is exactly what I look for (on paper that is)

BestBuds

The Dude
I will back up the others with a tiny might recommendation. But out of ghost and crafty+ go with the C+ it's easier for non vapers and totally different than the FF.

The only other vape that would be great is a Tetra P80. On demand or session. All convection like the FF. It's the last vape really really I want. :luv:

sickmanfraud

I vote for the Tinymight. Remember that the MV1 needs a proprietary charger and batteries.

With a Tinymight you can change batteries on the fly with 18650 batteries that can be had for a fraction of the cost of an MV1 charger or battery.

If you are not in a hurry the Tetra P80 may be worth a look. http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tinymight-vaporizer.44563/

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tetra-p80.46013/

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tinymight-vs-tetra-p80.46399/

Good luck and welcome to FC.

BestBuds

The Dude
So. In the end it was neither one or the other... I preordered the Tinymight. Seems to deliver what I want and I really like the design too!

Thanks everyone for your contributions and help! I will gladly report back when it gets here (which seems like it can take 1 month).
Congrats! It's a great one. :tup:

F-UCTD

Good choice. I'm going to get one too at some point as well. 100% convection in such a small and stylish form - how could you not get one.

WOLFXXXXX

I've been using the MV1 5-6 times a day since May of this past year... Very good flavor production... You can pick up 3rd party Water Pipe Adapters and invert the MV1 to use it with bubblers & bongs/rigs... The rapid-charger is a necessary convenience - you can often find bundle deals from various dealers or the manufacturer itself that will include the charger, sometimes the crucible dispener too... If you decide to go with this model - I would steer clear of the all black 'Stealth' model (just a friendly FYI)... The Satin Silver unit is reported to offer the best reliability... Oh and it's recommended to quickly disconnect then reconnect the battery pack after each use as this puts the device back in 'Shipping Mode' and the bluetooth stops searching for a connection (so you can preserve battery life by doing this).

I can't comment on the other unit(s) you're considering....

(Edit: Whoops, seems I should have continued reading the thread before responding... I'll leave my post up anyway in the event that it may aid someone else)

blazin_ant

I've been using the MV1 5-6 times a day since May of this past year... Very good flavor production... You can pick up 3rd party Water Pipe Adapters and invert the MV1 to use it with bubblers & bongs/rigs... The rapid-charger is a necessary convenience - you can often find bundle deals from various dealers or the manufacturer itself that will include the charger, sometimes the crucible dispener too... If you decide to go with this model - I would steer clear of the all black 'Stealth' model (just a friendly FYI)... The Satin Silver unit is reported to offer the best reliability... Oh and it's recommended to quickly disconnect then reconnect the battery pack after each use as this puts the device back in 'Shipping Mode' and the bluetooth stops searching for a connection (so you can preserve battery life by doing this).

I can't comment on the other unit(s) you're considering....

(Edit: Whoops, seems I should have continued reading the thread before responding... I'll leave my post up anyway in the event that it may aid someone else)

Awesome feedback though mate. Thanks! Very useful to share for anyone reading this.

Top Bottom