Study shows cannabis accelerates brain aging?

Alexis

Basically, it means that when I am 100 years old, with any luck I will have the brain of a 200 year old! I know a hell of a lot more now than I did when I was half this age so I hope that will be a good thing.:D

Alexis

When I was in my 20's, I was pretty sure about some things. Now I'm not sure of anything.
EXACTLY! To feel SURE that we KNOW is an ILLUSION!
Ironically I have always believed that the better you understand something the less convincing you will come across, rather than seeming to have everything in a neat little nutshell nice and simple brimming with confidence.

It is simply realistic do not be so positive that you have everything figured out! It sounds so obvious when you spell it out like that makes it seem smarter to be stupid Lol! Some valid philosophy in there I do believe though, and quite deep actually when you start thinking about it.

And yet the world is full of and run by people like this who know not what they think they know yes I've driven by their egos and ignorance. While those far more aware and enlightened are often reclused somewhere, apparently nervous and not certain of anything and in many cases quite unsuccessful in life from an employment and monetary point of view.

And tons of variables around and in between as well of course. We are a mixed Bunch this human race. Rights enough morning philosophy for me as I tuck myself back into bed after a premature rise for some vapcaps of this year's Brooklyn Sunrise no.4 (we had 5 haha, one was called "Small Sunrise" in a 9 L pot, (except I don't know why we called it's that it yielded 90 g still)).

It gets me high and cheerful let's see if it helps me sleep?:):wave::zzz:

Just to balance the scale, I am a 50 year (next year) daily user and I can't remember shit..... ever. LOL

I doubt it is caused by the pot, though. Some people just have 'shot glass' brains. And, we all know that..... If you try to pour a gallon of knowledge into a shot glass sized brain, something is going to spill out.

I remember very little from my youth and not much of what happened 2 years ago. Yesterday is pretty blurry unless someone reminds me what we did. LOL I think some people just have bad memories for some things. I remember math very well. I remember most of the postulates and theorems from high school geometry. I remember most every rule of diagramming a sentence and most grammar rules.

It's more the 'social' events in my life that I forget.

Strange how the brain works.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Maybe the supposed effects on the brain wouldn't be evident if cannabis users didn't have the deal with all the crap that comes with federal prohibition. Maybe , just maybe, the constant worry of being judged by peers, worry of losing your career, worry of being identified as an unfit parent, worry of being charged/arrested, worry of forfeiting your possessions, worry of being kicked out of your apartment, worry of having a criminal record, etc. has it's own negative effect on the brain.

Maybe if the government and society would just leave us the fuck alone, then we would be more free to enjoy the positives.
Bingo..........are you in my mind?

arb,

O-G-Reg

Stuff like this is usually pretty successful at giving me a bit of panic and concern...even if its not fully justified.

Ive seen other articles stating similar things about Marijuana. And i know it effects my circulatory system in a noticible way.
I just cant tell what abuse is...thats the thing right...

Is vaping a gram or two a week abuse....

Here’s an older article, whose merit i know little about but in their study :

The PI values for light and moderate marijuana users improved over the month of abstinence. There was no improvement for heavy marijuana users. The light users smoked two to 15 joints per week. The moderate users smoked 17 to 70 joints per week, and the heavy users smoked 78 to 350 joints per week.“

https://www.aan.com/pressroom/home/pressrelease/250

I don’t mean to offend, I only use recreationally and to counteract my ADD at times, so my perspective is skewed but I can’t imagine smoking 78 to 350 joints in a week. That seems almost ridiculous 11-50 joints a day!

Maybe smoking 11-50 of ANYTHING in a rolling paper a day is bad for your brain.... thats a lot of smoke.

-Definitely not a Doctor

C No Ego

@DDave
and this study -
https://www.salk.edu/news-release/c...forming-alzheimers-proteins-from-brain-cells/

IT prevents Brain aged causing plaque that slows down metabolism of calcium and subsequent build up.

How? THC @ the cb1 receptor metabolizes intracellular calcium ions. cb1 is responsible for ions and cb2 Glutumate. that is the basis of cannabis metabolism and how the phytocannabinoids modulate the signalling of intracellular messages

I am seeing ( minds eye) like THC dislodging calcium and effectively metabolizing it.

THC via Gi Kinase creates a crystalline channel ( cannabinoid receptor) in the cell membrane that modulates intracellular ions. this is the " Keep it going" buffer between the extracellular space ( the matrix) and intracellular signalling pathways
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=THC+via+Gi+Kinase+creates+a+crystalline+channel&t=ffcm&atb=v62-6__&ia=web

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
and this study -
https://www.salk.edu/news-release/c...forming-alzheimers-proteins-from-brain-cells/

IT prevents Brain aged causing plaque that slows down metabolism of calcium and subsequent build up.
So maybe a bit of balancing here?

Could cause aging in one respect, but reduce it in another....

That was a cool article, thanks!

I am seeing ( minds eye) like THC dislodging calcium and effectively metabolizing it.
Maybe, but the human body would have to introduce a third agent to make this happen, I'd believe?

I'm always suspicious of bias and intent in any scientific study I read.
Me too. That's why I brought the topic to the most knowledgeable group I know.

Some-new-user

Why @KeroZen ? This thinking for yourself and looking beyond face value is highly problematic.

EDIT: I love ya.
thinking for yourselves? Surely that's banned by the nwo? Get in line!

*Edit is this really what everything boils down to? Can't we think for ourselves anymore? Is this what the 'new' millennium has brought upon us?

Some-new-user

oh noooo! I definitely can't do this for myself - this is what everyone else is there for. The whole point of this forum is sharing knowledge isn't it?

The whole point of me being here and now is to share progress/opinions, maybe they'll take away freedom of speech next since this is a forum of forward thinkers. ??? Put that in your 2.8 years and vape it!

C No Ego

So maybe a bit of balancing here?

Could cause aging in one respect, but reduce it in another....

That was a cool article, thanks!

Maybe, but the human body would have to introduce a third agent to make this happen, I'd believe?

Me too. That's why I brought the topic to the most knowledgeable group I know.

Yes- the third agent would be the catalyst enzymes ( FAAH / MAGL ) necessary to carry out the role of the cannabinoid as it traverses through the cannabinoid receptor to finally metabolize into the PPAR and TRPv1 receptors @ the mitochondria.
From what I've gathered= calcium ion regulation is the first metabolic homeostasis response and Glutumate the second. THC as a bio-mimetic to Anandamide works directly with Ca2 and maintains intracellular ions

Last edited:

C No Ego

@DDave
this vid explains it from 2012. starting around 1:10 minutes... loks like I got the Glutuamte wrong as it could be first in metabolism

C No Ego,
Top Bottom