• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Strain Blend for Vaping?

Dargin B

Does anyone have "custom blends" that they have tried or like to use? I was thinking of making my own "hybrid blend" tonight. Maybe fill the volcano with 2/3 OG Kush + 1/3 GG4? 2/3 Blue Cut 1/3 Gruntz? I'm in Cali and try and keep a wide assortment of flavors and effects. It makes the ritual aspect that much more fun!

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I also do blends when I want to mix it up a little sometimes for effects but quite often recently just for flavour. For the most part I use the same 3 strains I get from my LG, 91 krypt OG melon, MK ultra and my favourite LA Confidential. Each one has a unique flavour the melon notes of floral sweet honey and sorta indistinguishable fruits taste, the MK tastes like poppycock (caramel corn) and the LA a earthy black liquorice flavour. Mixing the melon with the MK has a kinda caramel apple taste. Melon and LA has a complex wine gum flavour. MK and LA I haven’t quite figured out what the flavour is? It’s a little odd but not unpleasant, can’t quite pin it down. And when you start talking effects which I won’t really get into because it’s so user experience specific, it’s a real rabbit hole. Typically I don’t blend more than two strains and usually a 50/50 mix.

Bad Dog,
Reactions: Dargin B

Dargin B

I did the Nug GG4 / Kush Co OG 50/50 last night and it was a letdown! It didn't pan out taste wise whatsoever. Back to the drawing board..

daoist

Sometimes i do a bowl with flower and add some crumbled hash to it. I like the potency, smoothness and flavour of hash.
But i don't like to have it sticking to my screens. So i just mix it with some flower.

Baron23

Does anyone have "custom blends" that they have tried or like to use? I was thinking of making my own "hybrid blend" tonight. Maybe fill the volcano with 2/3 OG Kush + 1/3 GG4? 2/3 Blue Cut 1/3 Gruntz? I'm in Cali and try and keep a wide assortment of flavors and effects. It makes the ritual aspect that much more fun!
I mix all of the time...either mix in like a Volcano chamber or mix with small load vapes by vaping one strain and then another in another load.

I don't have any specific recipes....it just depends on what I have to hand and how I feel that night. Mostly its a matter for me of mixing a bit of Sativa or Sativa leaning hybrid with basic indica leaning load to add some head effect.

Cheers

Baron23,
Reactions: Summer

EverythingsHazy

I generally don't mix strains, because I like tro be able to mix it up, and if I mix them, then it's all similar.

I'd like to try mixing in some high CBD flower, though.

EverythingsHazy,
Reactions: C No Ego

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
If I have a strain that is extreme in one way or the other I'll balance it out. Especially if I have a sativa-like strain that's too heady, I'll add a little indica to the grind.

I get bored with the same strain after a while so I tend to buy a number of strains and cycle through them. I'll grind up 1-2 grams of one strain and then switch to another jar. The one time I grew a plant indoors, it was a Bubba Kush strain, I had a shit ton of that one strain and thought I was all set. Started out great but after a month or so I couldn't stand the taste of it anymore.

Amazing how spoiled I've become. 30 years ago I would have killed for a seedy bag of ditch weed and loved it to the very last stem.

EverythingsHazy

Cocktailing strains, IMHO, for myself, helps prevent any kind of tolerance build up getting in the way of my fun :)
That's interesting, because that's another reason why I don't mix strains. I'm not sure if it has any scientific merit, but I feel like it may help prevent tolerance buildup to various cannabinoids that are more present in certain strains, if you switch between them.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
That's interesting, because that's another reason why I don't mix strains. I'm not sure if it has any scientific merit, but I feel like it may help prevent tolerance buildup to various cannabinoids that are more present in certain strains, if you switch between them.

I usually find a cocktail dab more overpowering, and I use less. Must be said, Im usually doing solely organic rosin, so maybe there's some entourage thing going on with the overpowering mix of terpene content. I cant remember the last time my tolerance got in the way tbh, and I do consume quite a lot.

Very subjective shit tho I guess.

EverythingsHazy

I usually find a cocktail dab more overpowering, and I use less. Must be said, Im usually doing solely organic rosin, so maybe there's some entourage thing going on with the overpowering mix of terpene content. I cant remember the last time my tolerance got in the way tbh, and I do consume quite a lot.

Very subjective shit tho I guess.
I guess dabbing can cut through tolerance to a certain degree. I haven't used concentrates in over a year.

EverythingsHazy,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I guess dabbing can cut through tolerance to a certain degree. I haven't used concentrates in over a year.

The tolerance still builds with concentrates, and surprisingly quickly with some BHO's I've had, but a mix of different varieties seems to keep it all at bay for me. I still regularly over do it, but its so overpowering, I end up having to back off a little for a few days anyway :)

Actually happened yesterday :) A mix of at least three different varieties. Still hammered today and I dont think last nights dabs were very big at all. IIRC, @phattpiggie is a big cocktail fan too :)

T.Airz

I do custom blends pretty much every day
I do custom blends almost every time I medicate (list at bottom). I am very sensitive to some stronger sativa dominant strains, so I will add about 10-20 percent of an indica dominant strain to kind of balance it out so it isn’t too stimulating for me. Lemon haze with a bit of Larry OG (lemon OG) is a lemon citrus delight. On its own the haze can make me a little anxious, but when you add the Larry OG it is a perfect balance and you can still go about your day.
Also, for sleep, I like to mix a few indica strains. I just pay attention to what terps would go well together. Treating the pairings as if I was cooking, carefully smelling each strain individually as if they were spices in a recipe. Next, I decide if the flavor combos would be nice together. Finally, trial and error. I recommend mixing a small batch whilst first experimenting with new combinations just in case it doesn’t turn out as planned. There are definitely some that sound good but really aren’t. Part of the fun is experimenting with new combinations and different amounts of each strain!
Sorry, this turned out way longer than I meant it to. But here are some of my favs.

GG#4 - Bubba Kush
GDP - Gelato
Sour D - Blue Dream - Tangerine Dream
Grape Ape - Cherry Pie
Larry OG - Lemon Haze
Pineapple Express - Pineapple Chunk
White Widow - Blueberry Kush
GSC - GG#7
SS Haze - Cheese - Chem Dog

T.Airz,
Reactions: EmDeemo

ginolicious

I never thought about this. But I never do blends. I like to taste the strain for what it is. Mind you I may start mixing my Candida Cd1 which is purely CBD with some THC in some bowls to offer a less intense effect.

T.Airz

I never thought about this. But I never do blends. I like to taste the strain for what it is. Mind you I may start mixing my Candida Cd1 which is purely CBD with some THC in some bowls to offer a less intense effect.
I always use the strains individually at first. But they get old after several days and I like to mix it up. For flavor but also for effect. The mixing of different cannabinoids for multiple strains seems to provide stronger effects for me.

T.Airz,
Reactions: EmDeemo

ginolicious

I always use the strains individually at first. But they get old after several days and I like to mix it up. For flavor but also for effect. The mixing of different cannabinoids for multiple strains seems to provide stronger effects for me.

very interesting. Sadly I only have access to one strain of CBD bud. And the even ratio 1:1 that I usually have. I lost a lot to mold so don’t have any of that for a very long time.

ginolicious,

T.Airz

very interesting. Sadly I only have access to one strain of CBD bud. And the even ratio 1:1 that I usually have. I lost a lot to mold so don’t have any of that for a very long time.
Well that sucks man mold is the worst! But it doesn’t have to be cbd bud it can be any multiple strains!

T.Airz,

hinglemccringleberry

I just got some really nice indoor CBG flower. I've been blending it with my CBD bud because I read that CBD and CBG together heightens the effects of CBD.

I recently did a trifecta blend of THC, CBD, and CBG, 1/3 of each. Feels good. A true entourage dose.

Whenever I get a new strain I use it individually at first, to experience it in its fullness. This goes for both THC and CBD strains. After a few days of that, my mixing begins. But I never mix two THC strains together. I only blend THC with CBD/CBG.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: Pistol Pete

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
But I never mix two THC strains together.
You don't know what you're missing, I really enjoy blending sativa and indica too create my own balanced hybrids that doesn't feel kinda blah like most hybrids do to me. Typically I do a 75% sativa to 25% indica, you get all the fell good mood boosting sativa with a relaxed and centred feeling from the indica, very enjoyable.

ginolicious

I never like to mix for mixing up the flavour. I enjoy the taste of one strain I guess. But I think I may get my hands on some blue dream, blue cheese, or gorilla glue 4 and then I’ll mix that with my CBD bud. May be blue cheese. I’ve only heard really good things about that strain. It’s a mid level indica strain. Not too heavy to give anxiety. But if I vape enough hopefully I’ll pass out. Toss some CBD in the mix and totally cancel out the anxiety. Sometimes I find myself looking for the nighttime strain. Just need those 2-3 heavy hits. Pass the fuck out. No anxiety. You know.

T.Airz

I just got some really nice indoor CBG flower. I've been blending it with my CBD bud because I read that CBD and CBG together heightens the effects of CBD.

I recently did a trifecta blend of THC, CBD, and CBG, 1/3 of each. Feels good. A true entourage dose.

Whenever I get a new strain I use it individually at first, to experience it in its fullness. This goes for both THC and CBD strains. After a few days of that, my mixing begins. But I never mix two THC strains together. I only blend THC with CBD/CBG.
I’m very excited to try these flower strains with such high amounts of the other cannabinoids! Can you purchase these online? Or do they still have thc in them as well? CBG and CBN flower are quite new to me. I have heard of the concept, but that’s about it. I know breeders have been working on experimenting with these a while ago, and are finally releasing the finished product a few years after I heard about it. I live in Missouri, I have had my medical for over a year now and we still have no dispensaries smh. This created any even more thriving black market, it is legal for me to have bud, but illegal for anyone to sell it to me hmmmmm sounds a little fishy to me. Sounds like they wanted to make sure and get those last few dealers caught before they decriminalize it.

Top Bottom