Storing herbs for Vaping

Hansel

Hi all,

Never used a Vape before but have a MFLB on the way. Usually it's recommended to store your herbs in an airtight container to retain the freshness and stop it drying out too much, however with the LB you actually want it a little dry in order to achieve a finer grind, right?

With that in mind, how do you, or how would you recommend, to store the herbs?

Thanks!

Hansel,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Personally, I like to store my herbs in jars (or now) in a CVault :brow: when they are waiting to be put on deck. (Of course - dark is better)

From there, I tend to 'fill' my 4 piece grinder with ground herb. Usually a grinderful will last me a few days - it keeps it dark and tasty. Yes, the MFLB does perform better with drier product but a few drags/shakes on a fresh trench and a 'dump in the palm, crush, repack' works nicely - all the dryness I need for vaping :D

AGBeer,

Hansel

Fair enough, thanks. So basically just follow best practice as usual and then worry about drying the herb further if necessary when it comes time to use it.

Hansel,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Yeah the nice thing about vaporizing is the ability to crush up the herbs mid session. It isn't always the most ideal thing to do, but it helps to increase the surface area and get that super fine grind even with fresher herbs. I second AGBeer's post.

Elluzion,
i keep mine in a tictac box, the mouth is perfectly so u can pour the grinded herbs to the bowl easily and happy toking

StonedLikeRock,
My preferred storage is in these preserving jars...
P8217592.JPG

:cool:
P8217589.JPG

(these are known here by their brandname Weckpot,similar to mason jars) in a kitchen cabinet(dark and a little less temperatureswings).
Works like a charm. :)

Havelock Vetenari,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
:o

It's been a while since I saw that much weed, such a lovely sight.

I need to get my hands back in the dirt again!

OhTheAgony,

stroh

errl enthusiast
i find those acrylic prescription pill bottles to work wonderfully for short term storage; keeps it relatively fresh while allowing it to dry out just a bit, and no worries about dropping them. glass jars are prime for long term storage though.

stroh,
OhTheAgony said:
that much weed, such a lovely sight.
I was quite happy with the outcome of my last run of Amnesia Haze. :)
I even managed to better my personal record by a whopping 5 grams :D to 683gr.(under a single 600watt HPS-bulb).
OhTheAgony said:
I need to get my hands back in the dirt again!
Yes you do! ;)
It's been some years now since i restarted to grow my own,there are more advantages,but mainly for quality-control and financial reasons.
Never going back to shopweed,me. :p

Havelock Vetenari,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Havelock Vetenari said:
I was quite happy with the outcome of my last run of Amnesia Haze. :)
I even managed to better my personal record by a whopping 5 grams :D to 683gr.(under a single 600watt HPS-bulb)
Wowsers, I'm impressed. What floor space- can't be much more than 1m sq with that light? That's a huge amount. Do you use some intensive technique (SoG etc)? Hydro?

Makes me pine for my growing days big time.

It's interesting looking at all the slight national variations on the humble glass storage jar- US Mason jars, NL Weckpots, and the UK version are called 'Kilner jars'
107593926_1

I have 6 just like this One day I hope to have them filled again, and when I do I'll post a pic!

WatTyler,
My 'room'(corner of the room,2 real walls,2 just black/white foil) is 1.60x1.70x2.50cm,to be fair the 600watt is actually boosted to about 630watt(dimmable/boostable Lumatek digital ballast).
No intensive techniques,just good soil,organic nutes,mostly biological pestcontrol(nematodes for fungus gnats etc.,i do have a sulphur vaporiser for heavy mildew-attacks,but if i find that,not likely i'll grow that particular strain again) and lots of TLC. ;)
I grow 5 plants at a time,lately in 7 gallon smartpots in fairly lightly fertilised soil without perlite.
I'm growing the same Amnesia Haze atm,only this time i topped(pruned) them twice as opposed to not at all last time.
This was contrary to advice so it'll be nice to see if that makes a difference and i can better my score even a little more. :)

Edit :
Just took a little closer look at the rules and realised i shouldn't be discussing this here,if a mod wants to remove parts/all be my guest.
I will keep this kind of subject out of the discussion on this forum in future,apologies for the transgression!

Havelock Vetenari,
Top Bottom