Stopping the combustion of the weed 7-21-2012 any advice will help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

dequelo

Plant Abuser
Good Day I will be stopping combustion of the weed tomorrow 7-21-2012 any advice would be

welcomed and helpful I am sure

before I going farther I just want to say right now I am burning trees up so bad I keep looking out the

window to be sure Smokey Bear and Ranger Smith don't get me :)

but for real, I have smoked for a long long time and at this time realize that it is indeed in my best interest to stop

so after smoking cigarettes for 20 years working in steel mills , foundries , etc for 30 years, burning the weed for 36 years

my poor lungs need me to stop abusing them

I bought a Vapor Genie coil pipe that I am going to use in a water pipe

Can I use a heat gun instead of a lighter with the vapor genie ? QUESTION

I will be stopping the combustion even if the vapor genie works for me or not I will just look for something else to use

as I am not medical (just a stoner) I am sure life will go on for me during my search

it will also do my tolerance a world of good not to intake for a bit

another question is dabbing oil combustion ? ;)

I have a boatload of stuff I should run butane over, or make cooking oil

but with edibles I never get anything done as I eat way too much

as for the stone with vaporizing is it the same ? just without the bad stuff?

right now I am burning a sativa , I like indicas the best for many reasons

so please tell what worked for you and helped you to say "FUCK COMBUSTION"

all the best and be safe

Dequelo

dequelo,

SD_haze

No heatgun for the vaporgenie. Some find a orange candle flame lighter easiest, some find a blue flame butane torch lighter works best. If you're using a water pipe, i'd recommend trying out a small torch (but be ready to screw up in the beginning)

Using excessive heat, you can burn hash oil making more of a smoke than a vapor, but done ideally, dabbing oil will just vaporize it.

SD_haze,
Reactions: dequelo

dequelo

Plant Abuser
dabbing oil will just vaporize it.

nice :) I will have try a torch and I also have a yellow flame lighter , so we will see which works for me

I do plan on screw ups at first from what I have read the vapor genie takes a bit of work and getting use to by the user

oil I do off a nail or pad , I like to let the Ti cool before I drop a dab on it

thanks for the reply

Dequelo

dequelo,
Reactions: AGBeer

djonkoman

if you have a vape that's right for you, stopping combustion will cme automatically I think. I myself never had a strong switch(since before vaping I ony combusted 1-2 times a week), but I did combust more often in the beginning(I still combust sometimes, but aways with friends, or strangers, but never by myself), but over time I just began seeing combustion more and more as a waste, so I wouldn't want to waste my weed on combustion if I can vape it too.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
dequelo, changing over to vaping can be difficult at first because the buzz is different. There isn't the couch lock that smoking gives you. It's more of an energetic high. There are multiple threads that deal with this very issue in the Ask FC section.

It also takes a little time to adjust, so don't be discouraged if you find it not as satisfying in the beginning. I would give it no less than one week, combustion free. After a month, if you are like many of us, you probably wont want to go back.

My other advice to you would be that if the Vapor Genie doesn't do the trick, get a hard hitting vape like the SSV or an equally hard hitting vape so that you can get those lung busting hits that you may crave. There are lots of knowledgeable people here who will be glad to help you. You've made the right decision in changing over to vapor. Congratulations! :tup:

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
+1 to the VG Coil and micro torch combo.

Combine this with your glass and you will be in hog heaven (IMO) :D

Welcome to the club buddy!

AGBeer,
Reactions: dequelo

dequelo

Plant Abuser
Good Day I thought I would give you all a little feedback as to how it went for me switching from burning

to vapeing

First let me say it went very very well :) and I am very happy with the switch so far

I bought the Vapor Genie Stainless Steel coil pipe to use in a beaker glass pipe, the coil fits great in the 14.4 mm joint

but there is indeed a learning curve my torch was too much (great to heat a nail/pad) and my yellow flame lighter just was

not enough :(

I did get some good hits off it so I have not given up on it, but it is ez to burn your herb

if I am going to do that I have better slides for that ;)

as I am a stoner and had the fear of not smoking as I learn to vape I also bought a very cheap box vaporizer that

uses a whip

I bought this one because of its name

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170864411930?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

the unit is call DoDo so if it indeed it was dodo I thought at the least I knew for once what it was I bought before

I got it

well to my surpise the unit was not complete crap the build quailty was not the best but I have seen worst

and the heater is ceramic

it came with a worthless grinder as a free bonus and no instructions

after packing the whip full and some trial and error

I work out if you do not fill the whip more then a thrid thid thing hits like a bear, it took a bit to work out the temps

to find what work the best

to anyone that wants to give vaporizing a try if you do not have someone's you can try a cheap one may be a good

way to try one out

for me it was , I will use this one until it stops working but will be looking for better one

I stopped burning at 5:00 AM on 07-21-2012 and have not burned yet

One thing I cannot believe is how much better the taste and stone are it is like I have never smoke this weed before

but I have been smoking the same stuff for the last 8 months

Right now I am smoking a BlueBerry Sativa F1 that I did not think the taste or the stone were that great

but to be fair the curing was not all it could have been

well when vaped it is night and day the taste shines thru , the stone is what I had thought it was going to be

I cannot wait to vape a good knock you down Indica, but that is 3 or 4 months away

So now it is time to start looking at real vaporizers (better built) as I do want to get a good one but I would like to get just one

I never ever smoke away from home so protable is no a need for me , table top is good and plug in to the wall is a must

not looking for anything else that needs batteries

the whip is fine but no bag and if it can hook up to a glass pipe all the better

so any thought please share them

the vapor genie with the right torch more then likely is a great product

I roll all the joints in my house as my wife needs a piece of notebook paper to roll

I rolled her one and rolled myslef one not thinking about , put it in my mouth to light it took a dry hit with no fire

and the taste was like horrible

ripped it apart and vaped it up

thanks to all for the replies and advice

Dequelo

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I'm so glad to hear that you've been successful, so far, in your journey to vapor. :D

There are several great vapes out there that would fit your needs. Now that you know what you don't want, you have to determine what you do want in a vape. And, you need to figure out how much you want to spend.

dequelo

Plant Abuser
Thanks for the comments I have not burned since Friday night at around 11 pm , at first I did vape as much

as I burned the amount is going down as I get a handle on how much to put in , how hot it needs to be and

knowing when it is done

I am saving my vape herb as I will put it in a glass tube and run some butane thru just it to see what is

indeed left , I was thinking of making butter or cooking oil but I always end up eating way too much :)

and then I am useless for hours

I have to say I am loving the taste of my weed and the stone a lot more then when I burned it, I find the

head is so much clearer and up

if I load a couple of whips and do then I am good to go for a couple of hours , when I burned it I burned it

non stop

I did find that when I went from rolling joints to using a one hitter I smoke way less because it slowed me

and I would feel the high

with the joints being an ex camel smoker I would pound them down one right after another without even

knowing how stoned I was or wasn't

I know for a fact that my lungs are doing much better because the amount of stuff that has come out of

them and the cough that is almost gone

thanks to all here that take the time to keep this site running, thanks to all that take the time to share what

they have learned about what works for them and what does not

all the best and be well

Dequelo

dequelo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I'm so glad to hear that your change over to vapor is going well. :D

As far as using the same or more herb, that will sometimes happen. I don't know if it's the chasing of the high you are used to, or the fun and novelty of a new way of consumption, but I was going through more in the beginning too. Your consumption should begin to taper off as you get used to vaporizing. ;)

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
That Dodo thing is a generic box vaporizer. You can find them with all sorts of names on them. Sometimes they charge more, at least you got a decent price.

Those things work (usually) but they are poorly made with questionable materials. Even the one in that picture looks like it was slapped together by someone who forgot to wear glasses that day. The digital display is unlikely to be anything but a way to find the same setting again, and even that isn't always reliable.

The good thing is that you got it to work and it has started you on your way. There are so many designs on the market these days that it isn't easy to choose one, but if that form factor appeals to you there are good reliable box vaporizers that cost a bit more but are reliable and well made with non-toxic parts. Box vaporizers and whip vaporizers in general tend to be heavy hitters but go through your stash a little faster. Recent converts who miss the clouds of smoke tend to like them. The consensus seems to be that the Silver Surfer or Da Buddah are the recommended heavy hitting whip vapes. If you want something that is a little easier on the stash but still can deliver the big hit, look into the Underdog or the Heat Island. Good luck in your search.

pakalolo,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom