Stomach ache after eating ABV

francis

Vape enthusiasms
Wassup everyone,

Good question for the regular edibler's
Am i the only one having stomach pain after eating ABV butter ?
I don't think its cuz I ate too much fat , could it be the abv ?
Empty stomach or not , always feeling sick after I eat some .

My friends were high as shit but no stomach pain.

Thanks !

francis,

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
i get stomach ache's sometimes from avb edibles... I had a huge one the time i tried to eat just avb.

i much prefer avb tinctures or extracts over edibles, but you could try water cure the avb before making edibles.

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I only do edibles with my homegrown organic no street stuff shit in my stomach I think its the biggest point, then chlorophyll is irritant, you can water cure, even boil, also don't heat much, when you extract avb to fat, it degrades the fat and catch loads of crap.

My method : Put avb in a jar, place the same volume or more of coconut oil on top of it. Let the coconut melt on it at ~40°C, I use my infrared tray but I guess warm water would do it. You can let it a hour or more.

Then you simply screen it trough a cotton sheet and its good to consume right away. I usually consume it with dairies and oleaginous seeds for fat content. I don't dump the stuff after only one pass, I reuse it couples times adding the new avb.

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Wassup everyone,

Good question for the regular edibler's
Am i the only one having stomach pain after eating ABV butter ?
I don't think its cuz I ate too much fat , could it be the abv ?
Empty stomach or not , always feeling sick after I eat some .

My friends were high as shit but no stomach pain.

Thanks !

I've found large amounts of fatty food at once can really upset my stomach. Chugged a bunch of creamer on a dare once when I was a young lad, still can't look at the stuff. Also have had similar (but not as tramautic :lol:) stomach aches from ABV edibles made with peanut butter, but I think it was more the large amounts of fatty PB I was consuming.

But it very well could be the consumption of the bud itself in your case, who am I to know. Seems like our bodies all take to things just a little different. I guess you could do a little experimenting, and try some sort of different type of ABV edible on for size and see how that goes. I've read some people on here talking about simply throwing a handfull of finely ground duff into a Wendy's Frosty and it working well for them, even.

Peloton,
Reactions: francis

francis

Vape enthusiasms
thanks guys !
i'll try that , and let me know if anyone else has any idea !

francis,

gamhead

Hey guys, definitely recommend water curing (soak in cold/warm water, strain and throw out water) as a way to avoid the irritants that give an upset stomach.

You can get constipation and dehydration from straight AVB edibles, but won't if you water cure the bad taste away in some water first (Cannabinoids arent water soluble)

Google if you are unsure of processes ;)

gamhead,

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
I find my budder doesn't keep well because its made with unsalted butter.

It will be rancid within a week even in the fridge and that would give u a tummy ache.

I freeze bits to store for longer.

h3rbalist,

puddleglum

I find that bubble hash is less harsh on my stomach than ABV. Probably because hash is mostly trichomes without the clorophyl and plant fibers. Worth a try if you have a sensitive stomach. :)

puddleglum,

gamhead

I find my budder doesn't keep well because its made with unsalted butter.

It will be rancid within a week even in the fridge and that would give u a tummy ache.

I freeze bits to store for longer.

I make my AVB water-cured cannabutter with Coconut Oil, it never goes rancid and can be kept at room temp, although I just bake a cake with it normally

I find that bubble hash is less harsh on my stomach than ABV. Probably because hash is mostly trichomes without the clorophyl and plant fibers. Worth a try if you have a sensitive stomach. :)

The trichs are long gone in AVB, this is to get the CBN/CBD couchlock edible effect from the stuff that would otherwise be in the trash can.

If you water cure your AVB and make cananbutter it will be chlorophyll and plant fibre free

gamhead,

Skeena

Standing stone faced like a statue.
I think the stomach ache from eating pure abv is because it has a large amount of fibre.

Skeena,

gamhead

I think the stomach ache from eating pure abv is because it has a large amount of fibre.

If you water cured you would soon smell how foul the brown water that you throw away is, there's no need to put that through your guts guys, just wash off the nastiness - don't worry cannabinoids dont wash off with water

gamhead,
Top Bottom