Sticky Concentrate - How to Get out of Jar

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
I have a jar with a bit of concentrate that is stuck to the sides and bottom. This is stickier than most of the concentrates I have used. It appears that there are about 2-3 good loads stuck to the jar, but I'm not sure of the best way to get it unstuck. Heat? If so, what do you recommend?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
it's a sacrifice to the wax gods. You could use ISO or ethanol to wash it out, and then purge that but quite the process for a dab or two.

I would try sticking it in the freezer and see if the wax will come off but it's pretty difficult to get 100% out of a jar.

nickdanger

it's a sacrifice to the wax gods. You could use ISO or ethanol to wash it out, and then purge that but quite the process for a dab or two.

I would try sticking it in the freezer and see if the wax will come off but it's pretty difficult to get 100% out of a jar.
Ouch, that hurts, as hard as concentrates are to come by in this illegal area. I'll try the freezer route. If that doesn't work, I may try to soak the jar in hot water to see if will soften enough to scrape. I certainly hate to lose it as a sacrifice!

nickdanger

If you heat the jar you might have to wipe the oil, try using organic cotton or hemp and vape it?
good luck.
That would be fine if I need to do that. I just hate to lose all that concentrate. Also, I want to keep the jar anyway, so it would be great to be able to save what I can.

nickdanger,

grampa_herb

Epstein didn't kill himself
I'm very happy with this slab silicone container I got on Ebay. It's great for oil. I can freeze it then bend to flake pieces off, or heat it and run it all together. It's made working with the sticky stuff a lot easier.

XZQHPBV.jpg

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Funny, I keep reading to avoid storing concentrates in silicone, and that glass is the only way.
Something about things leeching together over time.

It might only be an issue for long tern storage.

huffmybrd

Tilt the glass on it's edge and heat it slightly so all the wax runs to one corner (i know jars are rouns but most have some oinda edge at the bottem where there flat) and let it cool.like that and carefully scoop it?

matthend

Somewhat curious about this and wondering if it may be a drawback to grabbing some of the big jars of HCFSE/HTFSE that keep invading my dreams as the trip to Denver draws near...

Also, I have that green silicone container somewhere. Since switching to rosin pretty much exclusively i use oil slick paper for storage as I cant stand trying to get some gooey rosin out of a silicone dish

nickdanger

Funny, I keep reading to avoid storing concentrates in silicone, and that glass is the only way.
Something about things leeching together over time.

It might only be an issue for long tern storage.
I have read about this too, so I hesitate to use them, not knowing for sure. All the concentrates I have purchased recently come in these nice little glass jars. This is the only one that has been so sticky that I've had problems scraping it out. I'm going to try the methods mentioned here (freezing / heat) this weekend when I have a chance. I appreciate all the suggestions.

nickdanger,
Reactions: Squiby

nickdanger

Just reporting that heat worked well. I had a small pan I put about 1/2" of water in and brought it to a simmer. I placed the jar in the water for about 3p4 minutes which softened it up so I could scrape all the material that was stuck to the sides in one usable blob. It ended up being more than I originally thought, so I was glad I was able to save it.

sevenhundredten

Somewhat curious about this and wondering if it may be a drawback to grabbing some of the big jars of HCFSE/HTFSE that keep invading my dreams as the trip to Denver draws near...

Also, I have that green silicone container somewhere. Since switching to rosin pretty much exclusively i use oil slick paper for storage as I cant stand trying to get some gooey rosin out of a silicone dish

Check out 14er Boulder. Its about 30 minutes from downtown Denver but they have thca crystals in terps with different strains daily for $25 a gram out the door. It's always fuckin fire. Their website says daily deals. 14erboulder dot com

sevenhundredten,
Reactions: psychonaut

MegaMan2k

heat always does the trick with resin if its stubborn ;D

I like to store on slick paper aswell and pop that into my medtainer

MegaMan2k,

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
I have a few jars like that :(

I heated it up, stuck a nice hunk of flower in there and used it to wipe up the heated and now less viscous concentrate, drop the greased up bud in my Herbie and that's a nice session.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
hair drier may be of assistance. works like a charm to get the final bits out of any cart...

FlyingLow,

misssnokealot

Yes I'm so happy to read this considering I wash a bunch of BHO jars with iso and the. Purge them off but was wondering if it's a normal thing to do.....

misssnokealot,

LegalAlien

I don't want to be a downer. I'd just like to ask. I don't know where else to ask this. I know if I go on web md or something the answer may be biased as well as it is here. But here goes.

The way some shatter, that kind of sticky concentrate sticks to surfaces... think what that is doing to our lungs. I'm just delving a little bit into live Resin, shatter, etc.

I have Firefly 2+ and use the vape with a metal pad. Works pretty well, but the mouthpiece will get clogged using this shatter stuff. I have to run the Firefly for a few seconds drawing hard on it. Then suddenly the "crust" or whatever it is on the mouthpiece softens and I can draw through it.

Do we know that the lungs can clear itself of this stuff? With cigarettes they talk about the tar being carcinogenic. Evidently it sticks to the lungs. But I wouldn't smoke nearly as much on the vape as I would smoking a pack a day of cigarettes.

Any thoughts? I don't really notice my breathing being any harder after a day of smoking @3-4 hits off this vape with the concentrate. But it could be deep down in the lungs that I wouldn't notice under normal circumstances.

LegalAlien,
Reactions: Okla68
Top Bottom