Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Yep ... those lids don't look like fun to pry off ...

Yeah I forgot to mention that part. They suck when they get stuck. My jr has seen some use and I don’t think those capsule are all that especially if you have a decent container to pour bud into the bowl with.

I finally started using a dual flame torch and the hits are insane compared to a single flame, still no combustion

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Yeah I forgot to mention that part. They suck when they get stuck. My jr has seen some use and I don’t think those capsule are all that especially if you have a decent container to pour bud into the bowl with.
What do you use to pour your herb into the bowl Kid?

NYC_Frank,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Thanks @Warpdrive that really helps. I think I'm gonna go for an OG with hydra add-on or a Hydrobrick (reg), since I already own a hydrotube.

I just use a classic Jyarz, works great for me. I had a maxx and loved it, no longer have a hydrotube so I’m stuck between a maxx and an OG. Hmmm..
My limba OG is awesome. Big hits are super smooth from the giant mouthpiece, flavor is first rate, and the ritual and ergos are pleasantly bonglike. The only reason I don't use mine more is I can't resist its rapid extraction and end up vaping in two massive hits what I'd have temp stepped for four or five with my Splinter Zs.

Duba

Accessory Maker
Personnaly i prefer to dry use my Runt. Very strong, unique and milky sensation. With a hydratube it's more smooth and nice too but not especially what i'm looking for with my runt. I like the little tingling in the nose...

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
What do you use to pour your herb into the bowl Kid?

I just use a classic Jyarz, works great for me. I had a maxx and loved it, no longer have a hydrotube so I’m stuck between a maxx and an OG. Hmmm..

I'm all about the Jyarz chico. I find it much easier to deal with for moving ground flower into a vape. It was also super helpful I think to use a delta 3D scoop for my runt especially...just to keep things consistent I would always do 2 scoops for a smaller bowl and 3 for a bigger.

My limba OG is awesome. Big hits are super smooth from the giant mouthpiece, flavor is first rate, and the ritual and ergos are pleasantly bonglike. The only reason I don't use mine more is I can't resist its rapid extraction and end up vaping in two massive hits what I'd have temp stepped for four or five with my Splinter Zs.

Thats my problem too lol I cant help myself and end up cooking the whole bowl in 2 or 3 huge hits... which is GREAT when I'm looking to get those brick hits, but sometimes I'm looking to slow down and go for a sunday cruise rather than strap into a rocket ship

Warpdrive

Thats my problem too lol I cant help myself and end up cooking the whole bowl in 2 or 3 huge hits... which is GREAT when I'm looking to get those brick hits, but sometimes I'm looking to slow down and go for a sunday cruise rather than strap into a rocket ship

This is why I have two torches. A single outlet torch that the flame is turned way down for sessions. And a 4 outlet torch for my super big one or two hit clears.
I also vape them drastically different.
With the single outlet torch I vape it normally like a slow draw at first with the torch really close, then increasing the inhalation speed a little bit once I'm producing vapor and moving the flame away a little and into it's zone, once I'm going good.
With the 4 outlet torch I inhale very fast and let the torch do the work while keeping it in the zone the whole time. I will move the torch away from the vape while on glass at times during my draw to prevent combustion if I feel like the bowl is getting too hot. I'll flutter the carb hole off the water pipe instead.

Having two torches set up perfectly for each type of extraction is key to consistency, and consistency is key to get the results you are looking for.
I also always load my bowl with the same amount as that also is important for success.
Having only one torch or loading the bowl with different amounts will be detrimental for success.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Yeah load size I found to be extremely important, which is why I started using that 3 D scoop and it was a huge help.

I think it can easily be managed with one torch though. I CAN do longer drawn out sessions with my (1) single flame torch, or I can just rip the thing in 2 pulls.

If I really wanted to I could re adjust my technique for slower extraction, but once I have everything in my hands, whatever plan I had to go slow goes out the window. It's not that I dont know how to slow it down, I just choose not to because I can't resist those big rips. I actually learned originally with slower hits and then once I taught myself how to rip the thing I just have a hard time going back.

I dont think having one torch is detrimental to success, but that one torch has to be the *right* torch. Using the wrong torch with a brick will be very frustrating.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Anyone use the S&B Dosing capsules with their brick? Saw this neat little tray to load 8 at a time ... (Coupon code BF2020 saves 10%)

View attachment 3905

I found this posting from SBL on the use of the dosing capsules

SBL suggests not using capsules because they aren't good at the temps the Brick gets to and can degrade the metal (aluminum) .... wonder why they're ok with the S&B Mighty and Crafty?

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I found this posting from SBL on the use of the dosing capsules

SBL suggests not using capsules because they aren't good at the temps the Brick gets to and can degrade the metal (aluminum) .... wonder why they're ok with the S&B Mighty and Crafty?

Well thats definitely good info to have for those considering trying it.

I would think the slower heating conduction oven in a mighty/crafty is a lot more gentle on the capsule than being blasted with super heated air coming through the brick, rapidly heating it, cooling, re heating, etc. Seems like that would degrade it a faster? Just guessing.

Warpdrive

Well thats definitely good info to have for those considering trying it.

I would think the slower heating conduction oven in a mighty/crafty is a lot more gentle on the capsule than being blasted with super heated air coming through the brick, rapidly heating it, cooling, re heating, etc. Seems like that would degrade it a faster? Just guessing.
I personally believe that you are 100 percent correct.

Lag

Need some help with my torch. It's the pb-207, the expensive one, and it seems to have a clog in the fuel line somewhere. Any tips on how to clear it?

Lag,

Duba

Accessory Maker
I don't have any problem with my pb-207 over 1 year but I don't use it with my Runt, the orientation isn't good (but it's perfect with my dynavap).

Duba,

SquirrelMaster

This is why I have two torches. A single outlet torch that the flame is turned way down for sessions. And a 4 outlet torch for my super big one or two hit clears.
I also vape them drastically different.
With the single outlet torch I vape it normally like a slow draw at first with the torch really close, then increasing the inhalation speed a little bit once I'm producing vapor and moving the flame away a little and into it's zone, once I'm going good.
With the 4 outlet torch I inhale very fast and let the torch do the work while keeping it in the zone the whole time. I will move the torch away from the vape while on glass at times during my draw to prevent combustion if I feel like the bowl is getting too hot. I'll flutter the carb hole off the water pipe instead.

Having two torches set up perfectly for each type of extraction is key to consistency, and consistency is key to get the results you are looking for.
I also always load my bowl with the same amount as that also is important for success.
Having only one torch or loading the bowl with different amounts will be detrimental for success.

I think I've combusted the most when I switch torches mid session if one dies and I'm too lazy to fill. Like you say, consistency is key.

Warpdrive

I think I've combusted the most when I switch torches mid session if one dies and I'm too lazy to fill. Like you say, consistency is key.

Each torch I use is made to vape a different style. They are not interchangeable.
My single is for the normal technique, slow draw, 15 second inhales. Less time if I'm trying to session and get 5 or 6 hits instead of clearing out a bowl. My 4 outlet torch is for super fast inhales and immediate vapor, typically 5 or 6 sec inhales at the most.

SquirrelMaster

Each torch I use is made to vape a different style. They are not interchangeable.
My single is for the normal technique, slow draw, 15 second inhales. Less time if I'm trying to session and get 5 or 6 hits instead of clearing out a bowl. My 4 outlet torch is for super fast inhales and immediate vapor, typically 5 or 6 sec inhales at the most.

My Aomai has a smaller flame and my Honest's are all about the same with a slightly larger flame but it's my gold freebie torch with its big flame that's given me the most issues if I switch mid session. I don't pull out the triple torch much because the singles are so effective but I should dial in each of my Honest's a little differently and play with the triple again. I was also finding that my freshly ground flower that's stored with a 62% humidity pack would hit a certain point where the tolerance for combustion would suddenly jump after enough moisture had been removed. All part of the fun of learning these device IMO. Same goes for the difference between the Maxx (which I found the hardest to learn) compared to the Junior (much easier) and then the Runt (a little easier still). Granted I've always been putting the Maxx though water which didn't help my learning experience but I got it eventually.

Top Bottom