• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

nonamekevin

I’ve been looking at these for some time. I want an off the grid vape that will pack a huge punch and give amazing flavour like my firefly. But I do want those dense hits that I know these can pump out. Due to finances I’m looking at a runt. But the one concern I have is not being able to clean the air path from the bowl to the stem since that channel is all wood. And you don’t inhale butane with this at all right?
Hello friend!

Cleaning the air path is easy and straight forward. My routine is as follows:

1. Mouthpiece goes in a bag of iso. Flame intake doesn't get dirty.
2. Screen gets tossed and replaced. I'll scrape out any big chunks from the airpath with the stir tool.
3. Wet qtip in the air path with warm water only.
4. I probably take an extra step, I twist some paper towels and push/pull through the airpath. It usually takes more resin off and gets the wood dry. But, this is probably an extra step.

Thats it. It can be as in depth as you like for your comfort, or it can be quick and dirty.

As far as butane goes, the theoretical complete combustion of butane gives off carbon dioxide and water products. With a well functioning torch and pure butane, I feel comfortable using a brick and don't worry about inhaling unspent gas. The best thing I can say, and I went through it before getting a brick, is you have to research and feel comfortable.

Let us know if there are any questions you might have. And if you get a runt, throw a pic up so we can drool at the wood grain. Cheers homie! :rockon:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I’ve been looking at these for some time. I want an off the grid vape that will pack a huge punch and give amazing flavour like my firefly. But I do want those dense hits that I know these can pump out. Due to finances I’m looking at a runt. But the one concern I have is not being able to clean the air path from the bowl to the stem since that channel is all wood. And you don’t inhale butane with this at all right?

I've had a Hydrobrick Maxx for some time now. The only cleaning I've ever done to the wood area was running dry pipe cleaners through it often when I'm using it on a regular basis.

Whether you inhale butane depends on the quality of your torch and the quality of your butane.

Ramahs,

Lag

I decided to order a mini torch that matches closer to the quality level of the brick, the Blazer PB-207. I've read they last for years and have a pretty strong flame for the size. Also going to order the curved intake for better ergonomics with the lighter.

what do you guys rely on for heat?

Lag,

fatbiker

I really want a SB but am concerned about inhaling butane.

Do any of you have similar concerns? If not, what have you done to alleviate those concerns?

fatbiker,

Lag

@Lag let us know how the Blazer compares to the standard Honest torch. I’ve thought about upgrading for use with my butane vapes but interested to hear more direct user experiences. I do think the Honest is pretty solid.
My Honest torch came defective, so I just went down to the head shop and got an eagle torch that's a little bigger and was like $10-15. Picture of it on the last page. It's feels pretty solid but the Blazer is smaller, while still having a large tank and gives a stronger, higher quality, flame I think. I'll report back :]

nonamekevin

I really want a SB but am concerned about inhaling butane.

Do any of you have similar concerns? If not, what have you done to alleviate those concerns?

Hello friend,

To alleviate my concerns before I got a brick, I researched. Look up the chemical equation of butane combustion, look up health studies of inhaling combusted butane, etc. Inhaling butane is not good, which is why a working torch and clean butane are a must.

I won't give anecdotal evidence, it's a conclusion you'll have to come to on your own. Let us know if we can help further homie! :rockon:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I decided to order a mini torch that matches closer to the quality level of the brick, the Blazer PB-207. I've read they last for years and have a pretty strong flame for the size. Also going to order the curved intake for better ergonomics with the lighter.

I've been trying to convince myself to full the trigger on a PB-207 for some time. The price has always held me back. But if it's as solid and reliable as people say, It's probably more than worth it.

Hi all, I just picked up a Runt in the past week or so, and have been having a hell of a time getting it to work well.

The hits are very inconsistent, usually hot and airy, I just cant seem to get it to pump out vapor. The experience feels like what I would imagine sucking butane through a small pipe would - hot, harsh and unsatisfying.

I'm using the little torch that came with it. What I've tried:

* Adjusting the flame size/angle/distance
* Draw speed
* Packing it fuller / tamping down / not tamping down
* Taking out the restrictor disk

Generally the first hit is passable, but not on the level of a dynavap. Subsequent hits are like just sucking hot air, I've had hits where the wood is literally off gassing there's so much heat moving through it, but the clouds don't come!

I have a Flip Brick and the experience has been way better... I just jam the flame in, start drawing slowly till I see vapor, then rip hard and the bong just fills with vapor, its really impressive. I'm really bummed and frustrated I can't seem to replicate the experience with my Runt :(

Any advice?

nonamekevin

Hi all, I just picked up a Runt in the past week or so, and have been having a hell of a time getting it to work well.

The hits are very inconsistent, usually hot and airy, I just cant seem to get it to pump out vapor. The experience feels like what I would imagine sucking butane through a small pipe would - hot, harsh and unsatisfying.

I'm using the little torch that came with it. What I've tried:

* Adjusting the flame size/angle/distance
* Draw speed
* Packing it fuller / tamping down / not tamping down
* Taking out the restrictor disk

Generally the first hit is passable, but not on the level of a dynavap. Subsequent hits are like just sucking hot air, I've had hits where the wood is literally off gassing there's so much heat moving through it, but the clouds don't come!

I have a Flip Brick and the experience has been way better... I just jam the flame in, start drawing slowly till I see vapor, then rip hard and the bong just fills with vapor, its really impressive. I'm really bummed and frustrated I can't seem to replicate the experience with my Runt :(

Any advice?
Hello friend,

It can be challenging at first, but I would stick with one setup and keep the variables to a minimum.

Try this arrangement and technique:

- cork in
- restrictor disk in
- flame turned up
- fill the bowl to the bevel and then tamp down

Since the flame is turned up, start with it further away from the intake. Farther than you think, with the outer flame outside of the intake. Slowly draw, and find the sweet spot with the flame. The sweet spot occurs when you hear a Vortex or whistle sound from your brick. It's easier to find it with the flame outside of the intake, from a distance, only using the heat from the flame. Once you find that spot, keep everything consistent; don't change distance, don't change draw speed.

Report back. The technique should get you consistent hits. After they get consistent, play with distance and draw speed a bit. I had the same experience at first as you described, with hot airy hits. I still believe that it's from not enough heat being built up or stored before being sucked past the herb. :rockon:

Hello friend,

It can be challenging at first, but I would stick with one setup and keep the variables to a minimum.

Try this arrangement and technique:

- cork in
- restrictor disk in
- flame turned up
- fill the bowl to the bevel and then tamp down

Since the flame is turned up, start with it further away from the intake. Farther than you think, with the outer flame outside of the intake. Slowly draw, and find the sweet spot with the flame. The sweet spot occurs when you hear a Vortex or whistle sound from your brick. It's easier to find it with the flame outside of the intake, from a distance, only using the heat from the flame. Once you find that spot, keep everything consistent; don't change distance, don't change draw speed.

Report back. The technique should get you consistent hits. After they get consistent, play with distance and draw speed a bit. I had the same experience at first as you described, with hot airy hits. I still believe that it's from not enough heat being built up or stored before being sucked past the herb. :rockon:

Thank you very much for the detailed reply. I think I've possibly been changing too many variables in frustration. I'll stick with your guide and will report back soon :)

Update: I can't believe I'm saying this, but, we have lift off! Just had a few nice rips and one *massive* one. Much more what I was expecting. I've read a lot of guides but I think nonamekevin has it nailed. Your last sentence made sense to me ("I still believe that it's from not enough heat being built up...") - the key seems to be to draw extremely slowly for the first few seconds. That and the torch technique, large and just touching the intake. Once I do that I feel the vapor building and then it's vapor town. More practice needed but I feel I have something to work with now. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Lag

I also had a bit of a breakthrough last night. I upped my draw speed a little while holding the flame almost an inch from the intake and I started getting some monster rips. Just listen to the whistle and look at the mouth piece fill with vapor, then carb, then repeat til your lungs are full. :]

nonamekevin

I also had a bit of a breakthrough last night. I upped my draw speed a little while holding the flame almost an inch from the intake and I started getting some monster rips. Just listen to the whistle and look at the mouth piece fill with vapor, then carb, then repeat til your lungs are full. :]
Awesome to hear homie! For a frame of reference, holding the flame an inch away from the intake, is that closer to, or further away from the intake, compared to before your breakthrough?

:rockon:

Lag

Awesome to hear homie! For a frame of reference, holding the flame an inch away from the intake, is that closer to, or further away from the intake, compared to before your breakthrough?

:rockon:

I'm holding the flame further away, like the inner flame an inch away, but I increased my draw speed as well. Whatever happened, it's working lol.

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I picked up the blazer PB-207 a while back from Pete when it was on sale.
its expensive but it’s all I use now. It doesnt work as well straight down (using straight flame intake) but you can lock the flame so it makes it easier And get consistent flame when held upside down. Flame is a lot stronger than the supplied eagle torch
No regrets
I Use it for my bricks and my Dynavaps. All the rest of my torches are in a box or given to friends
ive probably bought 20-30 different cheap torches over the last few years, wasted a lot of cash. Only cheap one I stuck with was the original eagle/honest that comes with bricks

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
The Flip Brick just became my heaviest torch powered vape. I can get the flower almost to vapcap dark roast AVB.

I’m using an Honest torch I got on Amazon that’s a double flame torch that I use in a circular motion with a steady medium strength draw.

I’ve found the technique easy and repeatable. I stir once or twice per load depending on size of load.

I find that it pairs best with my @Sneaky Pete Mega Globe with whip. I’m so happy I got this vape.

Have a great weekend FCers.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
The Flip Brick just became my heaviest torch powered vape. I can get the flower almost to vapcap dark roast AVB.

I’m using an Honest torch I got on Amazon that’s a double flame torch that I use in a circular motion with a steady medium strength draw.

I’ve found the technique easy and repeatable. I stir once or twice per load depending on size of load.

I find that it pairs best with my @Sneaky Pete Mega Globe with whip. I’m so happy I got this vape.

Have a great weekend FCers.
Hey old friend! I've not used a Flip Brick but my og Sticky Brick is my heavy hitter too. I don't use it that often because it extracts so quickly that I'll vape twice as much just because it's so easy and pleasant. But even one scoop in the og is chef kiss vapor quality and flavor. I've never thought to check out the updated Flip since the huge mouthpiece of the og cools so well. Oh and the included Honest torch has always been great for me; it's nearly all I've used.

Lag

I picked up the blazer PB-207 a while back from Pete when it was on sale.
its expensive but it’s all I use now. It doesnt work as well straight down (using straight flame intake) but you can lock the flame so it makes it easier And get consistent flame when held upside down. Flame is a lot stronger than the supplied eagle torch
No regrets
I Use it for my bricks and my Dynavaps. All the rest of my torches are in a box or given to friends
ive probably bought 20-30 different cheap torches over the last few years, wasted a lot of cash. Only cheap one I stuck with was the original eagle/honest that comes with bricks

Right on. Good to hear it's a good investment. I actually bought the curved intake along with the lighter because I knew it was going to be/feel weird. They're both coming in next week.

Top Bottom