Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

DonMarteng

HEY HEY!! Just noticed that the pink ivory Jr is back in sticky bricks website!! Kenney talked about it last night, and he said there are three in the wild, so super rare.

Please, someone from this forum pick it up so I can drool over it. Because of how my banking and checking are setup...I'm forced to pass on it. SOMEONE SNAG IT! :rockon:

I saw that too Kevin, and the urge to resist is so haaard!
Luckily I already own a nice Junior in Padauk, which btw tastes soooo great, almost like chocolate!

Wont be able to resist if he ever makes a ivory Runt though :)

You own both the flip and the runt with wpa, which do you end up using more?
Im not a fan of spending 30+ for a glass adapter but if its better than the flip well...

nonamekevin

I saw that too Kevin, and the urge to resist is so haaard!
Luckily I already own a nice Junior in Padauk, which btw tastes soooo great, almost like chocolate!

Wont be able to resist if he ever makes a ivory Runt though :)

You own both the flip and the runt with wpa, which do you end up using more?
Im not a fan of spending 30+ for a glass adapter but if its better than the flip well...
Hey bro, I reach for the runt 9/10 times. To be fair, I have way more experience with the runt, so I'm used to handling it more than the flip.

With that said, I used the flip for a solid 2 months as the daily. The ritual of using the flip was never as enjoyable as the runt is for me. In my opinion, the biggest difference in experience between the two, I found the flip to be way faster than the runt in extraction. Almost feels snappy, like you get a torch on it for a quick sec, hit it, then run out the door and get shit done. I usually take a 10-15 sec hit with the runt, but with the flip, I feel like I've got to get it done within 6-8 seconds. Any longer and I'd probably combust.

:rockon:

DonMarteng

Much appreciated dude!
Thanks for sharing your experiences with both.
Sounds so different that I feel like getting both sooner or later for the comparison :D
As of now Im still workin on an indepth Junior and OG comparison.
But always good to have the VAS plan ready for the year!

Last edited:

Stonedbadger

HEY HEY!! Just noticed that the pink ivory Jr is back in sticky bricks website!! Kenney talked about it last night, and he said there are three in the wild, so super rare.

Please, someone from this forum pick it up so I can drool over it. Because of how my banking and checking are setup...I'm forced to pass on it. SOMEONE SNAG IT! :rockon:

Thanks for the heads up, I couldn't resist so I now have a junior Ivory on the way! It looks beautiful!!!

DonMarteng

Oh man! Just know that half the forum will envy you for that for sure :D
Congrats on your purchase!

@nonamekevin If you can test out the OG somewhere before buying do that for sure, I was expecting a way different feeling to my Junior than I got. Got the feeling that my Junior is just smoother to use and delivers better, but im also still workin on the perfect technique with my OG to get it right.
I think the Runt is the best one when it comes to air ratio, ease of use and mp diameter, also the size is great.
Just my 2cts after testing the 3 and owning Junior and OG

nonamekevin

Thanks for the heads up, I couldn't resist so I now have a junior Ivory on the way! It looks beautiful!!!
Nice dude! Now I'm totally jealous. If you need me to QC the ivory Jr for you, hit me up and I'm sure we can reroute the Jr to my place first. :evil:

Damn, looking at SBL website and seeing it say "sold out".......I regret not having money. :cool::lol:

Oh man! Just know that half the forum will envy you for that for sure :D
Congrats on your purchase!

@nonamekevin If you can test out the OG somewhere before buying do that for sure, I was expecting a way different feeling to my Junior than I got. Got the feeling that my Junior is just smoother to use and delivers better, but im also still workin on the perfect technique with my OG to get it right.
I think the Runt is the best one when it comes to air ratio, ease of use and mp diameter, also the size is great.
Just my 2cts after testing the 3 and owning Junior and OG
Good looking out dude, for sure keeping my eyes open for an OG. That's interesting you said the Jr is smoother to you. Id think with the shorter airpath, it would be more harsh out of the three.

What's kept me leaning toward the OG, is I don't see using the Jr, or any butane vape, on the go. I never had luck seeing the flame in sunlight with my vapcap, and the slightest wind makes the torch uncontrollable. It looks perfect for taking over to a buddies house though. :rockon::rockon:

nonamekevin

I’ve only used an OG, but it’s awesome. I love the substantial size of the body and mouthpiece. I was torn between the OG and the Runt, and I’d probably get a Runt if I was going to get a second Brick!
The runt is just about perfect. It's so good, I'll eventually get a second one so that I can dedicate one for water use and one for a dry mouthpiece. This would allow me to hit the runt dry for the first hit or so, really enjoying the flavor of the herb, and then just switch the herb brick to the water piece and finish off the bowl on the water piece.

The question though, should I get another walnut Runt so that the herb brick will always match, no matter if I'm hitting the mouthpiece of wpa, or should I get a different wood and mix things up? :evil: Lots of cool choices for sure!

DonMarteng

Get a different wood type in my opinion, i like the difference in taste.
Walnut is very strong, padauk is gentle chocolate.
Also they are all so beautiful maybe you start collecting all the Runts in the end :)
I cant decide between Zebrawood and Canary, both sooo nice.
But money is rare atm since I just have an orange BCG on the way (yay)

nonamekevin

Also they are all so beautiful maybe you start collecting all the Runts in the end :)

:evil:

I reached out to SBL about different wood types and the flavor that they impart. I was told that the limba has one of the more neutral flavors out of the woods, which I noticed when comparing the walnut Runt to my limba flip. And you aren't wrong dude, that zebrawood and canary Runts look soo cool on the website!

@Coal Cracker posted up his sweet brick collection, all canary except for a pink ivory Jr! Not sure if he is still on here much, but his collection looks solid! Top of page 64! :rockon:

StickyBricks

Manufacturer
I’m biased because I’m the one picking the raw material, but the canary is consistently the most beautiful, with the black limba a close second. The variety in tones in both those woods, and the way they finish has rapidly made them my favorite. We have some olivewood in the kiln and I’m quite anxious to start working that, but we have another month to go at a minimum.

nonamekevin

Screenshot-20200203-182854-Chrome.jpg

This was a quick Google screenshot, because Ive never heard of olivewood! Some of those blocks pictured have crazy looking grains, really cool stuff Kenny!

Might be too early to talk about, curious if you have a specific brick you're thinking about offering in olivewood, or if we might see it across several different bricks?

:rockon:

StickyBricks

Manufacturer
It’s earmarked for Juniors because the width and thickness of the board. Sadly it was wet when we got it and it’s twisting as it dries. I’m not sure how much usable material we are going to have after planing and jointing. We did a very small batch of olive JR’s about a year ago. If maple or black limba have the least flavoring, olivewood is the exact opposite. It’s like port wine with a mild olive aftertaste. By far the strongest flavoring of any wood type we have tried. The grain is crazy and they finish beautifully, but for use it might be an acquired taste, or complete dislike for some. We will probably need a disclaimer on the description if we decide to sell any.

nonamekevin

It’s earmarked for Juniors because the width and thickness of the board. Sadly it was wet when we got it and it’s twisting as it dries. I’m not sure how much usable material we are going to have after planing and jointing. We did a very small batch of olive JR’s about a year ago. If maple or black limba have the least flavoring, olivewood is the exact opposite. It’s like port wine with a mild olive aftertaste. By far the strongest flavoring of any wood type we have tried. The grain is crazy and they finish beautifully, but for use it might be an acquired taste, or complete dislike for some. We will probably need a disclaimer on the description if we decide to sell any.

Very interesting, and quite intriguing! How you described the flavor of olivewood, it makes me wonder if different woods would pair better with certain meals! I could see an olive after taste possibly working with a nice simple pasta dish. :)

Want to pull the trigger on a Stickybrick soon . Portability isn’t a major factor so should I go for a Runt over a Jr ?
Hello friend! If portability isn't a major factor, a lot of people rave about the OG Brick as a favorite. I've got the runt, and I use around the house 99% of the time. Great vape that travels around the house with ease. :rockon:

Coal Cracker

Want to pull the trigger on a Stickybrick soon . Portability isn’t a major factor so should I go for a Runt over a Jr ?

I have a Jr,OG & a runt. And I honestly dont know which I like best, I keep changing my mind haha. And 1 is not easier 2 load cause their all easy. Go with what u like cause u wont regret your decision either way

nonamekevin

Might be interesting to try Briar or Meerschaum.
Briar is for sure coveted amongst the tobacco pipe makers, so it's interesting that it hasn't transitioned over to the vape makers yet. I'm not a wood worker, and know nothing about briarwood, but I think it's generally a smaller diameter tree, which might be why we haven't seen vaporizer manufacturers use it before; just not viable from a lumber standpoint. I don't know though. :huh:

Top Bottom