Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
@Mars77 ... That explains why you just didn't order a replacement from SBL as they have them all in stock. I've never had an intake crack either ...

NYC_Frank,

Mars77

I’m neither in the US not EU sor hard to get spares.... I use the same 1 flame torch that is sold on the website. Always starts with a small crack on the outter rim

Mars77,

Arawfish

Green Thumb
My cherry Micro tastes neutral; Canary OG tastes neutral; Purple-heart Roasty tastes neutral; Padauk: my Noisy Cricket has no flavor but I've read that it bothers some people. As far as wear is concerned, I wouldn't think that it should matter amongst these, but I will say that colored woods tend to darken/lose their color over time. I'm not sure how the Padauk would hold up, but the purple heart may eventually gray back in color. The cherry, on the other hand, is a wood that is known for aging nicely; it will deepen and maybe even get warmer in color over time.
Stick the Purple Heart in the oven at 350 for 15-30 mins and it will bring alllll the colour back out. Will be more vibrant than you’ve ever probably seen it.

coolbreeze

Stick the Purple Heart in the oven at 350 for 15-30 mins and it will bring alllll the colour back out. Will be more vibrant than you’ve ever probably seen it.
That's interesting. Do you know how or why it happens? Does it retain the vibrant color or can it be done again? I wonder if it works for other woods as well.

coolbreeze,

Arawfish

Green Thumb
That's interesting. Do you know how or why it happens? Does it retain the vibrant color or can it be done again? I wonder if it works for other woods as well.
I have no idea why, I wanted a custom Purple Heart stem from another maker within the community, and he told me he only had one small piece that had faded quite a bit in colour. Next day he messages me up and says he might have a way to bring the colour back, and it definitely did. Very vibrant purple. You can see a pic of it in the shammer thread to get an idea.

edit: with a quick google there seems to be quite a debate on the best methods of changing the colour on Purple Heart (and other woods). Seems there’s an array of effects that are possible.

Last edited:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
So I entered the @Ed's TnT make a wish fundraiser and won a Runt in walnut.
Nice, congrats. I scored the Jr. in cherry in the raffle.

I love Bricks. I currently only own the OG but I’ve owned them all. My last Jr. I gave to my brother. I’ll be keeping this one. The Jr. can coat my tongue in terps like no other vape I’ve experienced.
1FB581FB-8A31-49ED-A6D6-4AEBA3BA0EC6.jpeg

beluga808

Dear OG Brick users:
my problem: After a few hits with a clean mouth piece the glass looks like frosted glass due to the resin building up in the glass from the vapor.
I like to see the vapor density in order to adjust flame or draw speed, so I have to clean the glass again.

my current solution: I use a big cotton swab to clean up the resin while the glass is still warm (right after use). Unfortunately this only works a few times until theres just too much resin in the glass and the swab starts loosing cotton and sticks to the glass. This is the point where I give the glass an ISO bath and water rinse.

Is there a faster / more efficient way to keep the glass clean? What are your techniques to clean the mouthpiece?

beluga808,

Shorner

Dear OG Brick users:
my problem: After a few hits with a clean mouth piece the glass looks like frosted glass due to the resin building up in the glass from the vapor.
I like to see the vapor density in order to adjust flame or draw speed, so I have to clean the glass again.

my current solution: I use a big cotton swab to clean up the resin while the glass is still warm (right after use). Unfortunately this only works a few times until theres just too much resin in the glass and the swab starts loosing cotton and sticks to the glass. This is the point where I give the glass an ISO bath and water rinse.

Is there a faster / more efficient way to keep the glass clean? What are your techniques to clean the mouthpiece?
I twist some Toilet paper up and use it as a pipe cleaner straight after use ,it lasts ages.

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
Dear OG Brick users:

This happens for me as well, I iso clean the mouthpiece everyday to help.

coolbreeze

Dear OG Brick users:

Occasional dry rolled-up paper towel during session, hot water rinse afterwards as needed.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: beluga808

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Yep, mildly annoying but just a part of the experience as far as I have been able to tell. It would be nice when room volume is a little loud, with poor visibility in the tube I rely almost entirely on sound to hit my brick, meaning if it’s not quiet I usually don’t reach for it :(

beluga808

thanks for your replies... I was thinking about this the last days and then an idea came to my mind. I thought about music instruments and about how they get cleaned. Some instruments have bends etc. that need to be cleaned from time to time so I started my search and found this cleaning swab.
Came in yesterday and gave it a try. I pulled it through the glass two times (Once towards the mouth piece, once away from it) and it's as clean as new. It's done in seconds. Let's see for how long i can use it without washing the swab.

cpl5938

This is one brand I just haven't paid attention to as I've had zero interest in using butane. But with 420 sales and getting annoyed with batteries I looked into these and have a Junior (in cherry) on the way. Looking forward to it. Not concerned about the learning curve at all; can't be anymore difficult than getting the most out of my Davinci IQ2, Firefly 2+, and MFLB.

I was interested in one of the more exotic woods like Padauk or Canary but I know some woods can be irritants so I just went with cherry, which I have no issues with. Anyone have issues with any of the more exotic wood choices Stick Brick offers? I'm sure this won't be my first purchase so planning for the future.

coolbreeze

Anyone have issues with any of the more exotic wood choices Stick Brick offers? I'm sure this won't be my first purchase so planning for the future.
First, congrats, you're gonna love it.

Watch out for rosewoods because some can cause asthma-like reactions (rosewoods are known POSSIBLE irritants). I have likewise had mild asthma-like symptoms with new vapes made of purpleheart, walnut, and other woods for a short time until the oils dried off and bowls became seasoned.

Upshot, as someone with asthma and respiratory allergies, most of the woods these are commonly made from are 'safe' in the sense that they must not be too irritating to too many people, because these folks are small businesses and can ill afford to make wood products they'll have to replace for sickened customers. On the other hand, some common exotics like Pauduk have 'flavors' sometimes that some folks can't abide (often well-discussed and googleable). People are currently grappling with this issue over in the Couch Log thread.

I have found that most problems lessen with seasoning, but it's possible there may be some woods you just can't use.

I have a Canary OG and a Leopardwood Maxx. I also have injector bowls, portable torch vapes, or small bong vapes made of Cocobolo, Bubinga, Cherry, Walnut, Bahia, Birch, Maple, Grenadill, Kingwood, Purpleheart, Pear, Pauduk, Olive, and Briar. None of them bother me though a few required a bit of break-in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom