Starting a Vaporizer Company - Name the company and get a free vape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lord

vapod
vapso
protis
geminim
vapstar
innoge
solidate
genesim
cloudos
innogion
junocept
metasin
analite
isolite
infalite
plutama
concen
energex
cloudace
nuclide

lord,

Vaporstartup

Thank you very much for all the feedback. There are some serious contenders on this list and if we end up using a combination of one or more names, we'll be sure to give credit where credit is due and give each participant a vaporizer.

If you have further suggestions, please keep them coming as we are still finishing up our first prototype and working on the company name in parallel.

Thanks again for all the participation, this site absolutely ROCKS!

Vaporstartup,

Purple-Days

Vaporstartup, if it hasn't been suggested yet, or hasn't occurred to you, I would check the usernames (in the User list) for a lot of other ideas. A lot of creativity and thought there. They suggest lots of other name ideas. ;)

Purple-Days,

Pseudonymous

Nameless
The Sublimator (or some variant of sublimation)!

The Sublimator is obviously cheesy and it is a joke, but honestly, using sublimation in the title could be a very great idea, in my opinion. Too many people know what vapourization is, but not entirely so. Vapourizers sublimate the active ingredients in marijuana (of course assuming you are using marijuana) which means the active components go from a solid state to gaseous state, with no intermediate liquid phase.

Honestly, I think it's a great idea. Too many vapourizers have genericized "vapour" or "vapor" (for you Americans) names. To my knowledge, there is none which labels their tool more directly and scientifically as they could by indicating that the process of "vapourizing" is more specifically the process of sublimation.

Pseudonymous,

JeffK1893

Genuine Vaporizers
Vaperior
The Vapery
Vapose (Think of the company Bose)
Vaperfect Solutions, Vaperfection
Vaporgize/Vapor Guys
Vapercision
Sublimation Nation
Sublimation Station
Enlighten
Tasty Vapes
Vaporist Essentials
The Vapescape (I Like the one word sound to it)
The Vape Escape
Prodigious Vapors
Prodigious Vapes
The Prodigious Vape Company
Vapor Experts
Vapes N' Stuff
Omniscience
Enhancory
Simple Sublimation
Select Sublimator
Supreme Sublimation

Will edit with more thoughts:D

PS: If you do have a beta model and need testers, count me in:)

Jeff

JeffK1893,

Purple-Days

Pseudonymous, why would you think there is no liquid phase?

I don't believe this is true at all. CO2 sublimates, frozen water sublimates. But trichromes go from a solid state to a boiling liquid, then vapor.

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Pseudonymous said:
The Sublimator (or some variant of sublimation)!

The Sublimator is obviously cheesy and it is a joke, but honestly, using sublimation in the title could be a very great idea, in my opinion. Too many people know what vapourization is, but not entirely so. Vapourizers sublimate the active ingredients in marijuana (of course assuming you are using marijuana) which means the active components go from a solid state to gaseous state, with no intermediate liquid phase.

Honestly, I think it's a great idea. Too many vapourizers have genericized "vapour" or "vapor" (for you Americans) names. To my knowledge, there is none which labels their tool more directly and scientifically as they could by indicating that the process of "vapourizing" is more specifically the process of sublimation.
Can you say that in my good ear?

jeffp,

Pseudonymous

Nameless
Purple-Days said:
Pseudonymous, why would you think there is no liquid phase?

I don't believe this is true at all. CO2 sublimates, frozen water sublimates. But trichromes go from a solid state to a boiling liquid, then vapor.
Dry ice (solid CO2) sublimates. Water (or solid/frozen water -- ice) does not, as far as I know. From what I read a while ago (more than one source), I was told that vapourizers work by sublimating the active ingredients.

Pseudonymous,

JeffK1893

Im pretty sure it is sublimation Purple-Days. I googled it and it said so on various sites. Not that the google way is always correct, but it has a pretty good chance.

Jeff

JeffK1893,

Purple-Days

Pseudo says, "Water (or solid/frozen water -- ice) does not, as far as I know." Uhh, go hang a wet shirt on the line in sub-zero weather, it will freeze solid, come back in a week or two and it is dry, that is sublimation.

I gave 'frozen water' as an example of sublimation because not so many realize it happens and as an example of a substance that can both boil and sublimate. Water has lots of strange properties. :cool:

Not even saying that THC (a large and complex molecule) can't sublimate in the same way, though molecular weight may play a role in inhibiting this. But when we vape, we boil. Period. Simple as that.

There is good reason we know the boiling point of THC and other cannabinoids. It's because they actually boil.

Sorry man, get some science and some scientific sources, quote them. :)

Purple-Days,

Pseudonymous

Nameless
The sources I read at the time were back when I was looking into my first vapourizer. The google results of the time and even Wikipedia told me sublimation was the process. I suppose this is one instance where my trust of Wikipedia has failed, because it appears to no longer be in the article.

Performing the same Google search, and I do turn up sources which claim sublimation, but they are indeed sub-par sources. Nothing against you, though, but I am not 100% convinced that vapourizers do not sublimate. On the other hand, thanks to you, I am now not 100% sure that they do sublimate, either, but there are a lot of results turned up regardless:

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Vaporizer
http://www.top-vapor.com/
http://www.articlebliss.com/Art/295246/4/Vaporizer-Alternative-to-Smoking.html

The above are three articles I got when searching Google with a very basic search.

If I was still a physics major, I would think about asking one of my professors, but then again, I am not sure which one would know enough about THC. Then again! I have heard many stories of some of my math friends smoking joints with one of the faculty members. Maybe I can find out who that is and then have my graduate student friend ask. Interesting on the water. Upon recalling my fluids and thermodynamics course (which I admittedly did not enjoy), this shouldn't be a surprise due the the triple point, so a lot of things can both evaporate and sublimate. THC is likely similar. So it looks like we need a phase diagram!

Pseudonymous,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom