SSV + Wisdom tooth removal.

Motokid250r

I do apologize for making this thread. I have searched and there are others out there, but none pertain to my situation...So I am getting my single and only wisdom tooth removed today. ( one tooth.. yay? ). A lower left. Now I'm not sure what kind of meds ill be on or if ill even take them. I avoid pills at all cost. I just want to know one thing.. can I still hit my SSV? I'm going to be bed ridden with nothing else to do, but play video games and get stoned. Now I know the bong is out of the question.. so is "sucking" in general. So.. if I hit the SSV like I would the MFLB would I be okay? By pulling the vapor through the tube with puffs and not actually creating a seal. ( hits through the nose are no good I sneeze instantly ) Now I have an MFLB, but I find it no where near as consistent as the SSV. But if I have to use it I will. Basically what I'm looking for is advice. Anyone with a similar experience? And again guys im sorry for this lame ass thread.

Motokid250r,

thesoloman

Iv'e heard people talk about this problem before on here, if i remember correctly one way to get around dry scokets was to shove the tube (whip) way to the back of your mouth so it is past the tooth-hole.

thesoloman,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
You dont want to create any type of suction, even if its small puffs. Why dont you make or buy some edibles or pills?

Mynameismud,

Motokid250r

Pain wise I dont even know if ill be in the mood, but well see.. I'm very limited on what i can do with edibles. I could just eat some abv and call it at that, but getting that stuff down is disgustingly hard. There is one thing I've always wanted to try. If i were to empty a tea bag, fill it with finely ground bud, staple it, dip it in boiling water as you normally would.. could that work?

Motokid250r,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Pain wise I dont even know if ill be in the mood, but well see.. I'm very limited on what i can do with edibles. I could just eat some abv and call it at that, but getting that stuff down is disgustingly hard. There is one thing I've always wanted to try. If i were to empty a tea bag, fill it with finely ground bud, staple it, dip it in boiling water as you normally would.. could that work?

To help avoid the taste you could put the ABV in capsules. I've had good results with this.

VaporEyes,

Motokid250r

To help avoid the taste you could put the ABV in capsules. I've had good results with this.
I've been looking at pills, but id have to take like 20 to get a nice high. I can just put the abv in some soup if i need too. Any thoughts on the tea idea?

Motokid250r,

thesoloman

the tea idea needs a fat or oil for it to work in my opinion, one time i made canna green tea with butter and honey in it. it worked but wasn't pleasant to drink at all.

thesoloman,

max

Out to lunch
I think if you hit with your lungs and keep your mouth slightly open when you hit, drawing outside air into your mouth along with the hit (as well as using the suggestion for proper mouthpiece placement in your mouth), there should be little to no suction involved. It should amount to no more than a deep breath through your mouth. Your hits won't be as dense but so what? It's a temporary situation. Smoke is an added concern here (besides the suction issue), so the same advice doesn't apply if you're smoking, but with vapor you should have no problems with a free flowing 'lung hit'.

Motokid250r

Hm.. what about boiling milk? Dip the tea bag in that. If not i could always melt in a slice of butter. But dont they use water to extract hash oil? Wash bags and what not..

Motokid250r,

Motokid250r

I think if you hit with your lungs and keep your mouth slightly open when you hit, drawing outside air into your mouth along with the hit (as well as using the suggestion for proper mouthpiece placement in your mouth), there should be little to no suction involved. It should amount to no more than a deep breath through your mouth. Your hits won't be as dense but so what? It's a temporary situation. Smoke is an added concern here (besides the suction issue), so the same advice doesn't apply if you're smoking, but with vapor you should have no problems with a free flowing 'lung hit'.
Thats what I was thinking. As long as I didnt create a seal id be okay, but...Idk. I think for the first 24 hours it'd be a good idea to find an alternative.

Motokid250r,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
I've been looking at pills, but id have to take like 20 to get a nice high. I can just put the abv in some soup if i need too. Any thoughts on the tea idea?

I think 20 would be way too many. Don't underestimate the power of edibles. Even if most of the actives are removed. Start with low doses and then increase from there if effect is unsatisfactory. My tolerance has greatly increased but even with that said; 2 grams of ABV will get me pleasantly medicated.

VaporEyes,

Motokid250r

I think 20 would be way too many. Don't underestimate the power of edibles. Even if most of the actives are removed. Start with low doses and then increase from there if effect is unsatisfactory. My tolerance has greatly increased but even with that said; 2 grams of ABV will get me pleasantly medicated.
If I can run out and get these pills at a store I'm all for it. 2 grams of abv is pretty good.

Motokid250r,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
If I can run out and get these pills at a store I'm all for it. 2 grams of abv is pretty good.

Empty capsules are harder to come by in store but any dry powder/herbal supplement capsules should work. Just pull them apart, empty the contents, then fill with your ABV.

VaporEyes,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
the only time i really chose to use bags was after a tooth extraction.. i was sooo glad for the option.. i found one way to help... ~5 days after the extraction.. i was able to apply some pressure to the extraction spot w/ my tongue while i was taking a hit, to counter the suction. you still have to be careful.. you really don't want dry socket. Maybe make a 3rd Lung and see if you can make it work w/ the SSV?? do you have the hands free one?

Motokid250r

the only time i really chose to use bags was after a tooth extraction.. i was sooo glad for the option.. i found one way to help... ~5 days after the extraction.. i was able to apply some pressure to the extraction spot w/ my tongue while i was taking a hit, to counter the suction. you still have to be careful.. you really don't want dry socket. Maybe make a 3rd Lung and see if you can make it work w/ the SSV?? do you have the hands free one?
It is hands free. Ground glass... I'll have to Google that see if I can wip something up. Literally just got the tooth taken out. I'm holding an ice pack on my face as I type this. Looking forward to a good vape sesh lol. Dude gave me percs ... Ima try to avoid these as much as possible. Things are bad news..

Motokid250r,

francis

Vape enthusiasms
I do apologize for making this thread. I have searched and there are others out there, but none pertain to my situation...So I am getting my single and only wisdom tooth removed today. ( one tooth.. yay? ). A lower left. Now I'm not sure what kind of meds ill be on or if ill even take them. I avoid pills at all cost. I just want to know one thing.. can I still hit my SSV? I'm going to be bed ridden with nothing else to do, but play video games and get stoned. Now I know the bong is out of the question.. so is "sucking" in general. So.. if I hit the SSV like I would the MFLB would I be okay? By pulling the vapor through the tube with puffs and not actually creating a seal. ( hits through the nose are no good I sneeze instantly ) Now I have an MFLB, but I find it no where near as consistent as the SSV. But if I have to use it I will. Basically what I'm looking for is advice. Anyone with a similar experience? And again guys im .
sorry for this lame ass thread.

men same thing here , left down wisdom tooht in like a week , i'm planing on using the bags of my HA or the edibles i made last week. tell me how it was when you try the bag !

francis,

clouded vision

there's a recipe for an abv shake on here that works well, masks the taste and you could spoon feed yourself so you don't create any suction. aside from that I would say a vapor lung or any other bag as an option but squeeze it to draw instead of pulling

Enchantre

Oil Painter
couldn't you place a cotton compress, dampened, on the socket, hold in place with tongue, and do a couple of quick light hits?

I remember getting mine out - two at a time - I was on "Ascodeine" (aspirin with codeine) for a week.

Enchantre,
Reactions: Buildozer
Top Bottom