SSV or Purple Days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgesbataille

Ok, I hate these kinda of threads, but knowing me I'm going to be itching for a SSV or Purple Days within a matter of days or weeks.

I just ordered my first vaporizer, a classic Volcano but also want to have an alternate piece, you know, to spice things up. Thus, I'm thinking either the Purple Days or an SSV. I like the qualities of both and would purchase both if I could, well, I mean I could but I am going to manage to maintain some semblence of self restraint and pick one or the other.

I like the efficiency of the PD, but I like the bong-like rips people talk about on the SSV. Price isn't really a factor so if there is anyone out there that owns a PD and a SSV and could chime in that'd be great!

georgesbataille,

Ben

georgesbataille said:
(...), I mean I could but I am going to manage to maintain some semblence of self restraint and pick one or the other.
(...)
bonjour Georges! ;)

And why not one after the other? :brow:

As you can see on my sig, I have the volcano ( same model as yours) and the PD ...I'm quite happy with my combo :cool:

au revoir :peace:

Ben,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
its apples and oranges, the two unit are too different to warrant comparison

if you already have a volcano though, i would go with the purple days for its efficiency

Acolyte of Zinglon,

georgesbataille

Thanks. yeah, I've been rocking joints so pretty much anything is more efficient than that! I'm looking forward to rocking the 'cano as my day-to-day user, but it'd be nice to have that second option, when I feel like mixing it up. I will definately look into the PD. I guess it's kind of a good thing that both the SSV and PD are backordered, will give me some time to mull it over after getting my ass kicked by the 'cano for a week or two.

georgesbataille,

max

Out to lunch
I have both models and mostly use the PD, but someone else could just as easily be the opposite. The PD can give you some really nice hits, and is bong adaptable. It's also more portable (if you can keep it hot). But if big hits are your priority, the SSV fits the bill better.

max,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
georgesbataille said:
Thanks. yeah, I've been rocking joints so pretty much anything is more efficient than that! I'm looking forward to rocking the 'cano as my day-to-day user, but it'd be nice to have that second option, when I feel like mixing it up. I will definately look into the PD. I guess it's kind of a good thing that both the SSV and PD are backordered, will give me some time to mull it over after getting my ass kicked by the 'cano for a week or two.
dont be suprised if the pd becomes your day to day vape ant the volcano is thrown in "to mix it up" ive beenusing the pd as my primary workhorse vape for 5 months, it still baffles me how it manages to get so much out of so little, i can vape every evening for nearly a month off of an eighth with it
the purple days makes other vapes look wasteful :lol:

Acolyte of Zinglon,

georgesbataille

if you're putting equal amounts of weed in a pd as a 'cano, wouldn't you be achieving similar results in terms of efficiency? or do you ultimately end up using more weed in a volcano because you can put more into it? i'm really only looking to get a nice buzz no, not get wasted, well, not get wasted regularly.

georgesbataille,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
no, a pd will get you way higher with similar amounts, thats pretty much what efficiency means ;)

if you are only looking for a buzz, and not to get blasted (which is what the volcano and ssv are best at), then the pd does sound like the best option, it has a very small bowl and is best for vaping smaller amounts with more precise dosage, each bowl pack is usually 0.03-0.06 depending on personal preference, one bowl wil get me nicely buzzed, a second bowl will get me good and toasted, i rarely vape three bowls in succession, a usual pd session for me is 3 bowls over 4 hours

Acolyte of Zinglon,

georgesbataille

shit. i hope i don't regret purchasing the volcano.

haha, strike that, i'm going to predict that when i get home and set the thing up that i'm going to be blown away. ok, you sold me on the pd. everyone is out of stock!!!!!

i'm thinking that since i already have the volcano that i don't need another "big boy" vaporizer and the qualities of the pd do sounds very appealing. thanks for all of the input.

now, can anyone point me in the direction of someone/somewhere that has the pd in stock?

georgesbataille,

max

Out to lunch
now, can anyone point me in the direction of someone/somewhere that has the pd in stock?
Only two places to get one- http://purple-days.com/ and http://vapenow.com/ . Tom, who builds these little jewels along with his wife Pam, can't even keep vapenow supplied, so other trying to supply other dealers (and they ARE interested) would be a waste of time. I would order directly from the purple-days site. You get to deal with Tom and Pammy and also have the choice of two different looking leather bottoms. You can also get a custom logo burned in by Pammy, or choose no logo. Also a good time to order an extra tube, AC adapter, or whatever. Might take you a couple of weeks to get delivery, but it's worth the wait. While you're waiting you can check out the PD thread http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=48 . Also visit youtube to see it in action. Search for 'purple-days vaporizer'. :luv: ;pd;

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom