• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

SSV, Extreme or Herbalaire

dizzim

I've been researching vapes on and off for a while now. I have never used a true vape, however recently I made a lightbulb vape to try to get an idea of the difference vs smoking. I liked it until i got a burnt hit...tasted awful.

I have quit smoking cigs and want to try a healthier way to use my herb. Cooking with it makes me much to lethargic...so i'm getting a vape.

SSV seems to have the best direct draw (by popular opinion) which is very appealing to me. If it was up to me only, i'd probably go with this or Da Buddha.

The Extreme and Herbalaire seem to be good dual purpose choices. I don't know whether or not I'll use the bags frequently, however i'm certain that my wife would prefer bags over direct draw....so i'm leaning towards one of these two.

If bigger hits can be had with direct draw, i assume that means it would take several bags to achieve the effect i'm looking for..?

Is direct draw from these 2 combo vapes shitty? which is better?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Dizz

dizzim,

max

Out to lunch
Welcome to the forum. Hope you'll stick around and contribute.

To answer your question, the Extreme usually gets the vote over the herbalAire for better direct draw. As a herbalAire owner who has used the V-Tower (Extreme minus the bag setup), I would agree. I'm perfectly happy with herbie for bag use, but direct hits are thin (but effective). I've heard that attaching some tubing really helps direct hits, but I haven't tried it-just don't need it for direct draw. My wife also preferred the bag method, at least until the Purple-Days vape arrived. But that's a different thread. ;)

If bigger hits can be had with direct draw, i assume that means it would take several bags to achieve the effect i'm looking for..?
Not really. It's all dependent on how much herb is loaded-bag bowl or whip bowl. You can take a big hit from a bag, and if you loaded a big bowl, you'll get a lot of vapor per hit.

A lot of times 'big hits' can mean vapor rich hits. A rich hit means you're getting a high vapor to air ratio. It doesn't change the amount of vapor you get per bowl, just per hit. This is where the Surfer excels. The small outlet opening in the heater cover allows a high vapor/air ratio for those rich hits. The Extreme has larger airways and you get more air per hit. Again, this doesn't mean richer hit=more efficient overall. It's more like beer vs. liquor-a beer has as much alocohol as a shot, but the shot has a higher alcohol/water ratio.

Bottom line, if you want the most satisfying blend of whip/bag use in one vape, get the Extreme. I do feel I have to put in my :2c: on the PD, though, since the ladies like it and my wife and I could easily live with just that one vape. If cost is an issue it is half the price of the Extreme, and it should be tops in reliability. The nice thing about the Extreme for someone new to vapor is that you can sample all the popular methods of vapor delivery.

max,

spyder

My vote as I know own quite a few :lol:

if cost is a factor

Dabudda for you... PD for the little lady. all in all a few dollars more than the Extreme

If cost isn't...upgrade the Dabudda to a SSV... and the PD for the lady.

IMHO..I think the bags are over-rated.

But if bags are something you need then... Extreme. jack of all...master of none

I didn't care for the taste of the HA....

but anyway you decide... it will be much much improvement for the lightbulb

spyder,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
haha forget about the herbal air ....to slow ...no flow at all

hey spyder did you own an extreme ? ...for how many time did you use it ?

Clear_Dome,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
spyder said:
but anyway you decide... it will be much much improvement for the lightbulb
Haha he's not kidding! :brow:

Any of the units you've listed will be a definite step up into the world of tasty, reliably produced vapor hits! As a PD owner (and technically a SSV owner...although I haven't seen or used it yet, so I dont' know that it counts :lol:) I will have to join the chorus and suggest that you look into the PD before assuming your wife won't be interested in a direct draw unit. This little workhorse is something special, and it's been confirmed that the ladies dig it :brow:. It makes sense to me, too; the hit style is both personal and intuitive, and while you CAN get huge (overwhelmingly so sometimes), milky hits...you have to work for those a bit...and so the standard fare is a constant, smooth, satisfying hit. More equivalent to a toke on a joint or a hit off a pipe than the style of most standard whips, which tend to approximate the feeling of "hits from the bong" IMO.

Bags are highly overrated...and although the HA is supposedly VERY effecient, if you already know that a bag isn't for you then don't sacrifice a good whip hit just to meet your wife half way...not if you don't have to!! Spend some time looking into the PD, it might be just what you're looking for.

The Extreme is obviously another great selection; I barely ever promote it simply because I am personally inclined away from "one machine to do it all" claims, and because I have no experience with it...but I've yet to see an unhappy E user. As others have stated, you will no doubt end up sacrificing a little something over dedicated units like the SSV or the HA or whatever...but I think in the end it's pretty negligable, and the E has a few features which are unique to it's design. It is far from a compromise for all you get, but I'll just warn you right off the bat: vaporizing is addictive as hell, and before you know it you might be collecting other units, anyway! Haha j/k of course...sort of :lol:! I'm sure you'll find the right one if you just keep looking. There's lots of great info here on the SSV, PD and the Extreme...so I think you've found the right place. On that note...welcome to FC dizzim!

partially veiled,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
spyder said:
not did...

Still do... why?
why LOL cause of this line that you always show : Extreme. jack of all...master of none...

LOL in your opinion wich vap is the better bag filler ??....I owned a HA for a year and try the cano and as far as I know there is no better bag filler than the E for the cleanest vap possible AND the biggest air/vap ratio AND for the efficience (= to the herby at the same temp.)....AND it also can be use with the whip or bong and as EGUAL temp my GUESS is the E is probably = or better than the ssv because of the way the air travel around the herb (uniformly heat the herb bring to lower temp vaping)W/O leaving dark spot on you herb .....anyway IMO the E is the better bag filler and one of the best vap if you know how to use it

Clear_Dome,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Your the man Partially Veiled. This is the best description of a PD hit I have seen yet on this forum and also explains why its a hit :brow: with the ladies

will have to join the chorus and suggest that you look into the PD before assuming your wife won't be interested in a direct draw unit. This little workhorse is something special, and it's been confirmed that the ladies dig it :brow: . It makes sense to me, too; the hit style is both personal and intuitive, and while you CAN get huge (overwhelmingly so sometimes), milky hits...you have to work for those a bit...and so the standard fare is a constant, smooth, satisfying hit. More equivalent to a toke on a joint or a hit off a pipe than the style of most standard whips, which tend to approximate the feeling of "hits from the bong" IMO.

vaporcloud,

dizzim

Thanks for the info all.

I decided on Da Buddha and ordered it yesterday...can't wait till it gets here. Should have it by the weekend and i'll post a review then.

I seriously considered the SSV but I didnt feel that it was worth 80 or so more for cosmetics (mostly). I like the hands free on Da Buddha also (no need for an attachment like the SSV)

The bag vapes were ruled out because i assume the novelty will wear off quickly and i'll end up using the whip mostly. I'm sure i;d be satisfied with it, but why spend twice as much for a novelty and a whip system thats not as good as less expensive vapes.

The old lady likes the bag idea but agrees its not worth the $. Shes not even sure she'd use it much. She likes using a bowl or occasionally a joint...we;ll see.

In the end, I was looking for a tool. something simple, efficient and reliable. The shiny finish and funky glass extras aren't important to me. Hopefully I made the right decision, i'll let you know how it goes.

Dizz

dizzim,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
dizzim said:
Thanks for the info all.

I decided on Da Buddha and ordered it yesterday...can't wait till it gets here. Should have it by the weekend and i'll post a review then.
Good choice :tup: The Da Buddha doesn't get a lot of air time here on FC but from all accounts its a very good vaporiser and one I would like in my collection at some stage.

Personally I can't understand why anyone would buy a vapor brothers or vaporwarez when the DBV is around the same price. The warez has a 5 year warrenty but the DBV is just a better design. I wish I had got one instead of my POS vaporite :uhoh:

vaporcloud,

dizzim

Just a quick post on first impressions. Only had a few minutes for a quick test last night.

Shipping was damn quick (vaporgiant). Ordered it Monday and got it Wednesday.

The carrying bag its packed in is awful....its got pink zebra stripes. The old lady actually LOL'd when she saw it.

Aside from that, everything seems ok. I ordered the standard but they sent the black one and I wasn't charged extra :) . I fired it up and let it burn in for 8-10min at full power, then I turned it down to about 1/3 power to try it out.

Only tried a pinch of herb and got 3 good hits from it. Didnt see any vapor in the whip while hitting but by exhaling into a light I could see I was definately getting something. I was already half-baked so no real feedback on the effects yet.....i'm just happy it works.

Tonight i'll bend it over and break it in right ;) More to come...

Dizz

dizzim,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Good shit, dizzim!

Be sure to make a new Da Buddha thread, let's give it some exposure. ;)

Edit: Oh yeah there already is one. My memory is terrible. :lol:

And on second thought, I guess we could just add "or Da Buddha" to this thread's title.

vtac,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
one of those will be my next vap (da budda or ssv) to see how it is made and how I can make piece of glass fo them

Clear_Dome,

dizzim

I've abstained all day so I can try this thing out right. This is big deal for me...most days i'm a wake and baker...or I have a hit or 2 from the dugout at lunch.

Been having waves of...something....anxiety maybe? Feeling edgy and I don't like it. Anyone else have this happen when they go without? Guess I smoke too much. I'd take a break if I had the willpower.

1.5hrs and counting. Fuck sobriety....

dizzim,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I've noticed that when I go without I am almost hyper and can't get to sleep as easily. I get back to normal wihtin a week or so.

stickstones,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
dizzim said:
I've abstained all day so I can try this thing out right. This is big deal for me...most days i'm a wake and baker

Thats pretty much me too but I have been a little light headed this last couple of weeks and i think I have just been over doing it :rolleyes: I didn't wake n bake this morning and actually feel better for it and at least this way I wont have to suffer the midday come down.

on topic - go the DBV gotta have one!

vaporcloud,

dizzim

FYI - I posted a review in the Da Buddha thread. I'll add more as I get more intimate with this bitch :brow:

dizzim,

treecityrnd

... but I'll just warn you right off the bat: vaporizing is addictive as hell, and before you know it you might be collecting other units, anyway! Haha j/k of course...sort of :lol:!

New to the forum. Just bought my Extreme Q yesterday and I think it is fantastic (not may data points to report after only one day, but happy with the few I have ;)). I started with a VB about 6 months ago...then all of a sudden...MFLB, Iolite, and now my new Q. Scratching that itch is so much fun. I wish I would have seen this post before...now my recent behavior all makes sense :lol:. It's good to know there is a support group that I can lean on in these times of...GREAT VAPING! Thanks for the advice from everyone. After more intensive research (and forum lurking)...I'm already on the PD website...how many days is 6 weeks...let the countdown begin! (Scratch, scratch, scratch)

-Tree City Research&Development

treecityrnd,

arkadiy

stickstones said:
I've noticed that when I go without I am almost hyper and can't get to sleep as easily. I get back to normal wihtin a week or so.
vaporcloud said:
dizzim said:
I've abstained all day so I can try this thing out right. This is big deal for me...most days i'm a wake and baker

Thats pretty much me too but I have been a little light headed this last couple of weeks and i think I have just been over doing it :rolleyes: I didn't wake n bake this morning and actually feel better for it and at least this way I wont have to suffer the midday come down.

on topic - go the DBV gotta have one!

I thought it was just me. I get ridiculously hyper and talk at super speed on days that I try to abstain from smoking[vaping, technically] (I am also a wake and baker, and continue through just about every minute of the rest of the day) even after the first couple smokes (if they are mid-day and not right when I get up). I have recently been trying extremely hard to go 4 - 5 days without smoking, for tolerance reasons mostly. Harder than I expected.

I actually do feel much better on days I don't wake-and-bake. Maybe too much weed isn't good for you either :(

I say SSV/Buddah over E. The bags are just so useless once you get the whip down. I have just ordered my new SSV so I haven't had the chance to play with one too much, but the only part I liked about the E was the fact you could use the whip-to-bong and have a fan on 1 for more even distribution and bigger hits.

arkadiy,

OO

Technical Skeptical
dizzim said:
i wouldn't say that this is true, i think alot of it has to do with temperature.
if you turn a full herbalaire up to 365 for the first bag you will get worked.
i'm assuming in the same way you would from a whip.
technique has as much to do with the effect as the vape itself.

OO,
Top Bottom