stroh

errl enthusiast
392009_2700156780941_1167321735_3126398_485673817_n.jpg

379401_2700158380981_1167321735_3126404_1251441802_n.jpg

Mk Ultra 19%

stroh,

stroh

errl enthusiast
ahh if you lived in the vicinity i would SO dab you up, also as promised, pictures of my new dish!

376053_2701973466357_1167321735_3127306_1374386843_n.jpg

387188_2701971946319_1167321735_3127304_1679060668_n.jpg

378082_2701974786390_1167321735_3127308_772300655_n.jpg

stroh,

High Sigh

SG addict
Thats a sick dish! What is your opinion on the Toro Macro stroh? I am about to pull the trigger on one and wanted to know if its worth the 200? Thanks!

High Sigh,

weedemon

enthusiast
yeah very thick! i was expecting it to be deep! someday when im brave enough to come to the states ill hit you up bro! :)

on a side note about dishes:

i wish i had a dis h that let me naturally prop the dabber so that it points back into the dish when i am not using it.

like so the oil would run off the dabber and into the dish, not on the the ip where the dabber is resting.

it would require an arm or something to prop it on the right angle. atm i just use w/e i have laying around to make it happen. usually my keyboard. :p

weedemon,

stroh

errl enthusiast
yeah it definitely doesn't hold as much oil as my other dish, but i kind of like that, very easy to fill this lil guy up completely, and who doesn't love a dish fulla errl :ko:?

High Sigh, i think the toro macro is GREAT, excellent little rig, perfect for oil IMO, and is a very durable little guy. mine took a tumble to concrete that claimed its baseplate, but it still functions perfectly, this is what i've been doing in the meantime haha

img0036dx.jpg

stroh,

High Sigh

SG addict
Haha thats awesome. Im still not sure if I should wait for a newer model to come up or get that one you have. I might actually like that more because the unbreakable stem.
Edit: I bought it now just gotta wait for it to get here!

High Sigh,

Pappy

shmaporist
Stu said:
Welcome to the dark side, Pappy. :cool:
Thanks Stu. Yeah, ISO reclaim from glass vape parts. Don't know how it compares to "finer" extractions but didn't taste bad. A little metallic bc of Ti pad I assume. Will prolly do again but not high on To Do list. Vapor taste better and I like high. Dabs got me a lil couch locked. Some peeps advised I put it in a pill with coco butter but it is ISO based and contains impurities. Sounds risky. :D

Pappy,

SkollIstKrieg

I can hardly stand recalim anymore. I've become so spoiled...However when you hit good oil, theres nothing like it. Currently have some self made BHO from some Pineapple Express. It definitely rivals regular vapor hits!

SkollIstKrieg,

Pappy

shmaporist
SkollIstKrieg said:
I can hardly stand recalim anymore. I've become so spoiled...However when you hit good oil, theres nothing like it. Currently have some self made BHO from some Pineapple Express. It definitely rivals regular vapor hits!
No doubt... Have dabbed premium too. Have open mind but love vaping for its purity and simplicity. Dig dabbing because it puts me in touch with my inner caveman. :lol:
6451252451_728a40c994_z.jpg

Pappy,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Few ?'s after my first half dozen runs or so.

I have been using about 3/4 can on 11-12 g's. I've read that the rule of thumb is 1 can per zip. So in theory I should be more than fine with using 1/2 can per my usual load?

Also, after scraping, I put my loaded p-paper on a coffee cup warmer to take it back to a gooey liquid form prior to vac-ing. I get nervous the longer it sits on the warmer slowly bubbling. How much heat at this stage is too much? Is potency lost from too much heat here? Should I let the coffee warmer heat continue to purge the oil once it gets liquidy or send it straight to the vac chamber once it's the right consistency?

JDSupreme,

Bouldorado

Here's my run from last night. used 2.5g each of ISS and white rhino, and ended up w/ a little over .5g. I heat purged w/ boiling water for about 10 min, popping bubbles w/ a torch. then I put the the dish outside, in snow, for a few minutes. I scraped it up it and got the first pic, shattter, so I put it on some parchment paper and put it in the toaster oven on the lowest setting for a few minutes. it smokes super smooth, but I'm still wondering how to get that beautiful amber stroh got.

White Rhino
White%252520Rhino.jpg

ISS
ISS.jpg

ISS%252520x%252520White%252520Rhino%252520BHO.jpg

ISS%252520x%252520White%252520Rhino%252520BHO%252520II.jpg

Bouldorado,

Sour Deez

Try purging longer, your oil looks like it has a good amount of contaminants too, what kinda filter did you use.

Sour Deez,

SkollIstKrieg

JDSupreme said:

I have been using about 3/4 can on 11-12 g's. I've read that the rule of thumb is 1 can per zip. So in theory I should be more than fine with using 1/2 can per my usual load?

Also, after scraping, I put my loaded p-paper on a coffee cup warmer to take it back to a gooey liquid form prior to vac-ing. I get nervous the longer it sits on the warmer slowly bubbling. How much heat at this stage is too much? Is potency lost from too much heat here? Should I let the coffee warmer heat continue to purge the oil once it gets liquidy or send it straight to the vac chamber once it's the right consistency?

There's many ways to consider this. I know in HMK's guide he says to blast butane through it util the butane becomes clear when it exits the blasting tube.

As for warming, I don't do this anymore, mainly cause purging butane over boiling water works so well, then i whip it a bit to get all bubbles out, freeze it then let it thaw on its own for 24 hrs. However, when I did, if i could smell any steam or heat coming from the oil that smelled like a dab then you know youre losing some. If you dont get that, then you aren't really losing much if any at all.

SkollIstKrieg,

stroh

errl enthusiast
volatile terps will evaporate before any cannabinoids are affected, id say any temps under 220 are pretty fair game for not degrading any actives, though obviously lower would be more beneficial to preserving the terpines. i would get your oil to a molten consistency, vac it, release the vac and let the bubbles fall, heat again, vac again, repeat until you feel all the solvent has been worked out.

stroh,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
stroh said:
volatile terps will evaporate before any cannabinoids are affected, id say any temps under 220 are pretty fair game for not degrading any actives, though obviously lower would be more beneficial to preserving the terpines. i would get your oil to a molten consistency, vac it, release the vac and let the bubbles fall, heat again, vac again, repeat until you feel all the solvent has been worked out.

Sounds good. The coffee cup warmer gets to about 180-190F I think. I'll have to touch a thermometer tip to it next time and see for sure

JDSupreme,

Bouldorado

Sour Deez said:
Try purging longer, your oil looks like it has a good amount of contaminants too, what kinda filter did you use.

a longer purge definitely helped. I did a run this morning with similar bud and got way better results. as for the filter, I use stainless steel mesh covered by a coffee filter, all held on w/ a zip tie. still got a few a contaminants this run, but I think they may be external.

Used a little over 5g bud which yielded ~10%. I tried using whole buds broken down into pea size chunks w/ scissors this time, which seemed to run a lot better.

OG Kush x Butterscotch
OG%252520Kush%252520x%252520Butterscotch%252520BHO.jpg

Bouldorado,

stroh

errl enthusiast
looking much better bouldarado! id love a dab of that sap, looks tasty :)

stroh,

weedemon

enthusiast
JDSupreme said:

yep that amount of tane for that run is totally within the right range mathematically it's technically a tad too much, but how are we to properly see how much we have left in a can? haha don't worry about it bro, a half can is more or less the right amount! :)

it's strain dependant and depends on if you are willing to lose turpenes and flavanoids. some of the lemon strains for example lose these at a lower temperature than another strain. potency wont really be lost until you hit higher temperatures, but flavour and taste/smell might be lost.

i heard 150C is ideal for a temp but when i do oven purge it's 170 (lowest my oven goes) but these days i have been doing only the stove top purge in a pan of water. bring to boil, and back off, then repeat. for about 20 min or so.

never done a vac purge yet so i can't comment there, sorry.

nice oil boulderado! what are oyu using for a filter? it looks like there are particles ending up in your final product. I use 2 unbleached coffee filters, and with bigger runs a wire mess screen that came with my friends blasting tube.

weedemon,

Pappy

shmaporist
I'm hookin' up with local dabbers who wanna vape. That's my extraction technique. :D

Pappy,
Top Bottom