Sony PSP is really kinda sweet.

SuperTorch

I own a PSP and its features are very nice, I like the internet radio, and am thinking of getting it set up to use Sonys Location Free player which send's your home HDTV to the PSP over the internet when your away from home and can find Internet access. Theirs a new model of the PSP - 3000 coming out in a few months that has a vastly improved LCD screen(5x the contrast for deeper blacks- faster LCD response time and a built in mic) and I'll be first in line.

I bought TombRaider:Anniversary for the PSP and its been my best experience since the first one on the original Playstation in 95, very cool to zone out at 1:00AM on my couch with headphones on and climb through the caves, it rated at about 8 as far as scores but I'd give it a 9+ since its true Tomraider in a handheld(Totally Immersive) . You can grab it on ebay for about $17.50 mint condition. I would also recommend Syphon Filter: Logans Shadow and Syphon Filter:Dark Mirror, both are first person shooter in the military espionage fashion and both are still considered to be in the top 5 of PSP all time. You can get the first stage demo of both for free but bewared getting the demo will make you buy the game. The graphics of all 3 of the titles I mentioned are "Stellar" and will blow you away with what the PSP can do.

SuperTorch,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm waiting for the GPS module to come out so I can write it off!

I have the Darth Vader white unit and have it set up so I can do slideshows on people's screens or tv's.

I upgraded the OS as soon as I got it and took myself right out of being able to use it as a PDA...now I have to wait for the hackers to get up to the new OS version.

It's most used by me as an mp3 player right now...although I would love to try the skype out while wifi-ing at my house.

stickstones,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Hey stickstones (finaly spelled your name right ;) )... I got the same one for Christmas last year. Awesome isn't it. I got a program the makes any dvd a psp movie, a instant hot spot usb adapter, and a great carrying case. I get lost all the time driving (wonder why...lol), so I keep maps, music, movies, and pics on it as well. I need like 20 more batteries though. lol Still one of the best Christmas persents I've gotten. I got my wife the Nintendo DS, and she's opened it 5 times since Christmas. Grrrrr. Guess I'll sell it on Ebay this christmas. lol

DigitalDavinci,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
how do you use the hot spot adapter? Does it require a subscription service for access?

stickstones,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
nope. I just plug it into any usb computer connection, and instant internet access. I can access internet anywhere in my house, work, and friends houses. It doesn't actually create a hot spot (sorry wrong terminology), but gives you more mobility in a builing with a computer. I use it to play on line or surf the web on my couch getting baked, and watching stoner flicks. :p It's really nice. Ebay has them still I'm sure. Here is the link... http://cgi.ebay.com/FAST-WiFi-Wi-Fi...39:2|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 . I think it was like 20 bucks. More like a wireless access hub for your laptop/psp.

DD

DigitalDavinci,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
That's a sweet device...and cheap too! I have wi-fi at home, so I wouldn't need it for the most part.

I'm still trying to get the internet working well enough to use on the psp. Everything loads slow and it won't run certain applets that I want to use, such as the live scoring for my cbssportsline fantasy football teams. Any ideas on this one?

stickstones,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
The loading time I can't help with, and the applets are beyond me mate. I'm still learning all the cool things you can do on this thing. I've never tried fantasy football. I played for 10 years for real and I'm a religious football fanatic, but I figured it would take too much of my time.

Sorry I can't be of any more help. I'll ask around the web department at work today for you though. Lots of geeks (like myself) with no interest in football (NOT like myself), but they know their computers. I'll let you know after lunch , and they all get back.

DD

DigitalDavinci,

SuperTorch

Isn't this just basically a WiFi card. I guess I'm getting confused as to what makes it special. If you have your PSP and you can find free WiFi(Like McDonalds) you can go there, if your at work and you can install this on your PC why couudn't you could install a router that might have better range. I love the price but I'm trying to figure out how this offers anything I wouldn't already be able to do. Is it because of the size and the fact you can carry it in your pocket and then install it were ever you go(but you would need to carry the install CD for that right?). WiFi is a must for my PSP and I'd buy this in a heartbeat if I can under stand what it offers.

SuperTorch,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Torch...it would be useful if I went to my mom's house. She has internet but no router. So I could plug this into her computer and instantly have wi-fi access for my psp.

stickstones,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Sorry man. Short of updating the java applet...there isn't a fix that the guys know of. They asked if there is any updates on the sony site.

DigitalDavinci,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
I guess I'm a bit behind the times. I guess the WI-FI usb would be more handy 2 years ago when everyone didn't have high speed. I'm not too knowledgable about new age inventions. Only what I need to know. Therefor I think I'll not give out any more advise on electronics, and stick to the topics I can speak about intelligently.

*POOF* I'm not longer in this thread.

DigitalDavinci,
Top Bottom