Solo 3 or Mighty+?

PrematureEvaporation

As the title says, I’m torn between these two.

I suppose the main differences are flavour (obviously solo 3) ease of use (mighty doesn’t care how you pack it or grind the material and is impossible to combust with) and the loading system (bowl vs stem)

To be honest I think the main metric that will help me decide is which of these hits hardest? That metric seems inconclusive. Some say their mighty hits harder, some say their solo. The harder a vape hits with the least material, the better it is for me in an illegal country where material is expensive.

I guess I’d just like to collate a few experiences from people who’ve used both, and work it out from the majority opinion that ends up coming from it?

I don’t know. Just help me please! ;)

PrematureEvaporation,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Out of those two, I'd def, personally, opt for a Solo 3 (tho I've never been big on glass "stem" vapes) because it seems way more flexible/adaptable than the often lauded Mighty. Fact is, I've never hit a device from either company...

No interest in TM2 or FW9?

Edit: if I were interested in a glass stem vape, I'd probably go TM2....:2c::tup::peace:

Last edited:

PrematureEvaporation

No interest in TM2 or FW9?

Well, I’ve owned the TM2 before. Quite frankly it was a high that didn’t satisfy and the battery life was atrocious.

People favourably compare the size of it with the mighty and then forget to mention all the 18650s you need to carry to keep up with the mighty. Man that thing was thirsty.

The firewood looks lovely, my favourite walnut wood. Just a shame it suffers from the same battery longevity issue as the TM2.

chillAtGVC

I have a Venty, not a Mighty, and a Solo 3. Get the Solo 3. It gets a little (10c) hotter than the Venty and you can extract more from your expensive supply. I use both together but find the Solo vapor is just a bit more satisfying. That could just be that it is warmer and carries more humidity.

PrematureEvaporation

I have a Venty, not a Mighty, and a Solo 3. Get the Solo 3. It gets a little (10c) than the Venty and you can extract more from your expensive supply. I use both together but find the Solo vapor is just a bit more satisfying. That could just be that it is warmer and carries more humidity.
Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.

So you’d say they both get you similarly high but the vapour quality on the solo is more pleasant whilst doing so?

I’ve heard the solo 3 referred to as an electric anvil a few times and that really appeals to me. That device hits so hard but it’s an effortless fluffy dense vapour with a nice moisture level to it

PrematureEvaporation,

chillAtGVC

So you’d say they both get you similarly high but the vapour quality on the solo is more pleasant whilst doing so?
That is my impression. The vaped bud is darker with the Solo which should mean better extraction and getting a bit higher. But after 0.5g+ I am often not in the best state to assess how high I am. :) I've vaped kief in the Solo, something that I found the Venty not able to do well (temperature is too low, I think).

chillAtGVC,
Reactions: Rodney

Rodney

I made a thread asking this as I have a Mighty+ and want a Solo 3 and the general consensus from that thread was that the Solo 3 is better.

The vapour from the Mighty+ is its downside and the facet it only goes to 210C. The taste of the vapour is just weird like burnt popcorn and is the reason I rarely use it.

PrematureEvaporation

I made a thread asking this as I have a Mighty+ and want a Solo 3 and the general consensus from that thread was that the Solo 3 is better.

The vapour from the Mighty+ is its downside and the facet it only goes to 210C. The taste of the vapour is just weird like burnt popcorn and is the reason I rarely use it.
Any chance you can link the thread? :)

Yeah I can agree with these points. I actually had a mighty plus for a short while and that 210 limit always felt just short of the peak of the mountain. I figured I wouldn’t need to worry now I have the TA3 as I can “top up” the missing ingredients with a quick bowl in that. I also coughed like crazy hitting it.

I feel like I’m leaning more towards the solo 3.

I’m worried about dropping it and breaking the glass stem which is admittedly a plus point to Mr Plastic Fantastic from Germany ;) although once @invertedisdead makes those Zirc stems everyone is screaming out for then I can mark that minus down as a non issue.

chillAtGVC

I would not worry too much about breaking a stem. I am clumsy and have yet to break one. I did knock one off the table on the deck which then rolled to the edge and fell five feet onto concrete. It was absolutely unharmed. Plus, they are not expensive. AliExpress has ones that fit that are very cheap. The only downside is that they don't have the XL stems yet. Don't let this fear scare you off from the Solo. And the Venty has had its own share of devices that have failed with the dreaded E04.

PrematureEvaporation

I would not worry too much about breaking a stem. I am clumsy and have yet to break one. I did knock one off the table on the deck which then rolled to the edge and fell five feet onto concrete. It was absolutely unharmed. Plus, they are not expensive. AliExpress has ones that fit that are very cheap. The only downside is that they don't have the XL stems yet. Don't let this fear scare you off from the Solo. And the Venty has had its own share of devices that have failed with the dreaded E04.
Now that’s a good point. Since reading this I’ve had a look at the glass stems and you’re right. I can get hold of them very cheaply in the UK. I am a clumsy guy so this stuff always factors into my purchasing decisions.

I’d probably keep the XL stem for home use and then take the normal ones outdoors. If I break it? I’ll just buy another.

Then when the Zirc stems are available I could pick up a few of them too.

PrematureEvaporation,
Reactions: Rodney

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D 5 +
Troy from 420 Vape Zone, wrote a fairly accurate review of the Solo 3. He's always favored S&B vapes and was over the moon for the Venty until the Solo 3 arrived.

Impressive battery life and one of the most versatile ( suits most any style of user ) portable that exists IMO.

You can find Troy's review HERE.
combo.jpg

Moody

I suppose the main differences are flavour (obviously solo 3) ease of use (mighty doesn’t care how you pack it or grind the material and is impossible to combust with) and the loading system (bowl vs stem)

To be honest I think the main metric that will help me decide is which of these hits hardest? That metric seems inconclusive. Some say their mighty hits harder, some say their solo. The harder a vape hits with the least material, the better it is for me in an illegal country where material is expensive.

I guess I’d just like to collate a few experiences from people who’ve used both, and work it out from the majority opinion that ends up coming from it?

Have you decided? I missed this thread and am a bit late to the party but i have both of these vapes.

The main points have already been mentioned, but I will reiterate the pros cons in a quick summary..

Solo3 can produce thicker more flavorful vapor during the entire session vs mighty+ imho. Mighty can produce thick vapor as well, and does a great job, but lets not deny the science. The xl chamber in a solo3 stem holds more product than the mighty capsule or chamber..you are getting more thc+terpenes with a s3 during a session and therefore should feel the effects more.

Cleaning an s3 involves taking the stem and throwing it into iso. Thats it. The mighty requires you to take apart the cooling unit, o rings, disaasembling all this and then using a qtip dipped in iso to clean certain parts even after soaking. Is it difficult? No, not really, but this all takes effort and time for a smaller bowled vape. Oh yeah and the mighty costs more.

Packing- the mighty is stupid simple. Yeah you can overpack the capsule and not get great hits, but it is waaaay more forgiving than the s3. The biggest mistake people make (including me) with their new s3 is overpacking the stem. Dont pack it at all. You dont need to. You will have plenty of product in the xl chamber. Just roll the edge of your finger on the edge of the stem to clear the 1-2 mm edge of it to make room for a screen. You will want to use a screen. I dont give a shit what people say in vids online, without a screen you will get little pieces of herb now and then...why???? Just use one of the 4 screens the vape came with and you wont ever have an issue.

I still love my mighty+, but for the money i feel the s3 is a much better buy.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
You will have plenty of product in the xl chamber. Just roll the edge of your finger on the edge of the stem to clear the 1-2 mm edge of it to make room for a screen. You will want to use a screen. I dont give a shit what people say in vids online, without a screen you will get little pieces of herb now and then...why???? Just use one of the 4 screens the vape came with and you wont ever have an issue.
Or just use the WPA so the Solo is inverted and connect to a 14mm dry pipe. Great cooling and gravity is your friend.

VapeReady

I've had both and i would go with XMAX V3 Pro, Fury Edge Rogue, or Tinymight.

XpeeN

The smell in the xmax v3 oven is stuck there forever which made me sell mine. It was a good beginner vape though. But compared to solo 3 there's still a long way up for it to climb.
Wrote a possible solution for it at the v3 nano thread:
Try to turn the device on (either the v3 nano or the pro, but use max temp on the v3p), cover one airhole and blow into the other one. I'm doubt that it's related to the kanthal coil though, but it help to burn off effectively. I think you should leave the mouthpiece on so hot air will pass around there too which might help?

VapeReady

The smell in the xmax v3 oven is stuck there forever which made me sell mine. It was a good beginner vape though. But compared to solo 3 there's still a long way up for it to climb.
I never had the smelling problem in the oven of my xmax v3 pro. Maybe because i had the first version or just lucky.
Solo 3 is beginner vape also imo however if looking for a portable vape for taste and terpene hits solo 3 is king for sure.

Tji89

Wrote a possible solution for it at the v3 nano thread:
I tried that but it didn't work. I really liked it though but I could't have it lying around uncovered. It was good for the price and without that problem I would have kept it. The nano looks really great and I kinda want one...

I never had the smelling problem in the oven of my xmax v3 pro. Maybe because i had the first version or just lucky.
Solo 3 is beginner vape also imo however if looking for a portable vape for taste and terpene hits solo 3 is king for sure.
The Solo 3 for sure has good tasting hits and also almost to the end of the bowl on right temp. Can't remember Xmax's flavour profile and can't remember it hitting any harder compared to S3 which has a stronger oven and bigger bowls. Might be the "vape signature" that you prefer.

Varden

Well, I’ve owned the TM2 before. Quite frankly it was a high that didn’t satisfy and the battery life was atrocious.

People favourably compare the size of it with the mighty and then forget to mention all the 18650s you need to carry to keep up with the mighty. Man that thing was thirsty.

The firewood looks lovely, my favourite walnut wood. Just a shame it suffers from the same battery longevity issue as the TM2.

The advantage is that by having it separate, the vaporizer in one side and the batteries in the other is pocketable as opposed to a big monster vaporizer, that you can not pocket.

But the main issue is that the TM2 and the Firewood are way more powerful than the Mighty so of course they are going to consume more power, that's inevitable.

To add to that, together, a TM2 and a 2 pack battery case is still smaller than a Mighty (and that's 3 batteries total), apart from pocketable as mentioned.

So the comparison you are making is not fair.

Top Bottom