Solo 2 vs solo 3 sessions and vapor quality

vink

So I have been wondering if I should upgrade and get the solo 3 to replace my never dying solo 2. My collection consist of a solo2, potv one, tm2 and a few dynas. I use the potv one sometimes when I’m on the go and Dynavap for a quick body buzz hit. I use the tm2 for a quick cbd-cbg mix or balanced flower hit in the afternoon on weekends. Strangely I don’t use it that much at night because I find the high I get from it to be very heady and I like to have a few puffs not like 3-4 and then it’s done.

So I mainly use my solo 2 each night while watching tv. So the solo 3 looks tempting to me for sessions and maybe on demand too. I am wondering how long are the sessions compared to the solo 2 as I know it’s faster. I usually vape at 380 with the solo 2. Also I am wondering if the vapor quality is similar or better. I am also wondering how many hits you can get on on demand mode, let’s say at 3 bars and not at max. I am not interested that much by the xl stem as I don’t need that much to be baked!

Any fellow solo 2 user who upgraded got answers for me? Any input? Does it worth the upgrade?

Last edited:
vink,
Reactions: Likun

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
So I have been wondering if I should upgrade and get the solo 3 to replace my never dying solo 2. My collection consist of a solo2, potv one, tm2 and a few dynas. I use the potv one sometimes when I’m on the go and Dynavap for a quick body buzz hit. I use the tm2 for a quick cbd-cbg mix or balanced flower hit in the afternoon on weekends. Strangely I don’t use it that much at night because I find the high I get from it to be very heady and I like to have a few puffs not like 3-4 and then it’s done.

So I mainly use my solo 2 each night while watching tv. So the solo 3 looks tempting to me for sessions and maybe on demand too. I am wondering how long are the sessions compared to the solo 2 as I know it’s faster. I usually vape at 380 with the solo 2. Also I am wondering if the vapor quality is similar or better. I am also wondering how many hits you can get on on demand mode, let’s say at 3 bars and not at max. I am not interested that much by the xl stem as I don’t need that much to be baked!

Any fellow solo 2 user who upgraded got answers for me? Any input? Does it worth the upgrade?
All depends on your disposable income. I've owned an original Solo and a couple of 2's and I own a 3 . I really dig my Solo 3. Vapor quality is outstanding. The on demand mode ( which it really isn't ) is a trip, very easy to get lit :lol:. With the Solo 3 you can adjust your session time, I use the 10 minute but you can go even longer. You also can adjust your temperatures in your pre-sets , and the time in your on demand mode. I like to use 428 and 20 second draw in my on demand mode. just like ripping a bong :D. The Solo 3 is quick and it runs on the hot side . If your vaping at 380 then your going to want to lower your temp by about 10 degrees :).Works great with the WPA . It really shines on lower temps, if you like your S2, then your love the S3. They have made definite improvements on the Solo3 . As far as how many hits in on demand goes it would depend on how much material your vaping, how you pack it, and your temps. I can get two good rips and a couple minor ones in on demand the way I load it. But that's me. This is one vape you won't regret ;) .

vink

All depends on your disposable income. I've owned an original Solo and a couple of 2's and I own a 3 . I really dig my Solo 3. Vapor quality is outstanding. The on demand mode ( which it really isn't ) is a trip, very easy to get lit :lol:. With the Solo 3 you can adjust your session time, I use the 10 minute but you can go even longer. You also can adjust your temperatures in your pre-sets , and the time in your on demand mode. I like to use 428 and 20 second draw in my on demand mode. just like ripping a bong :D. The Solo 3 is quick and it runs on the hot side . If your vaping at 380 then your going to want to lower your temp by about 10 degrees :).Works great with the WPA . It really shines on lower temps, if you like your S2, then your love the S3. They have made definite improvements on the Solo3 . As far as how many hits in on demand goes it would depend on how much material your vaping, how you pack it, and your temps. I can get two good rips and a couple minor ones in on demand the way I load it. But that's me. This is one vape you won't regret ;) .
Can you adjust preset temperature on on demand mode too? And I knew that on session mode there’s an adjustable timer like the solo 2 but can the session really last as long as the sessions on solo 2 since the heater is way more powerful? I don’t really need it to be as long but at least like 5 minutes of good tasting vapor…

vink,
Reactions: endof3d

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Can you adjust preset temperature on on demand mode too? And I knew that on session mode there’s an adjustable timer like the solo 2 but can the session really last as long as the sessions on solo 2 since the heater is way more powerful?

Yes there are five temperature settings to choose from for on demand mode, as it is more of a range, and depending on the time setting, has more impact in on demand mode than with session mode... If you want the session to be longer, set the temp even lower, you should be fine, you might actually appreciate the XL stems for that too

Greenleaf88

If u have the money to spare it worth it especially that u like the series, try to find a high airflow stem it’s fantastic. Cheers

Greenleaf88,

PrematureEvaporation

I haven’t owned a solo 2 but I’ve got the Solo 3 as my first Arizer product. Thought I’d give some of my experience anyway just to add another perspective.

The session mode on Solo 3 is quite versatile I’ve found.

At 210-220c I’ve found I can finish a regular stem in around 2-3 minutes, from turning it on to inhaling the last puff. That’s taking huge drags one after another - this heater can keep up without breaking a sweat. I can also stretch it out to 5-10 minutes if I take smaller puffs with longer breaks between. The sessions at these temps tend to go as fast or slow as you choose to make them with your draw size and intervals. Flavour goes very quickly at these temps though, and it gets quite roasty.

At 170-190c or even lower I’ve noticed that the sessions can go on for a very long time. Say 10-20 minutes, especially if you temp step. The flavour lasts a very long time and the roasty taste is both minimised until the end and minimal when it does come in. I once did a session at 190 and puffed until it had nothing to give, then went up to 220 and got next to no vapour - so it’s very capable of fully extracting at these lower temps at a much more relaxed pace.

Basically it fits whatever style of use you have, you just need to work out your optimal combination of temp/draw size/draw speed to achieve it.

On demand is interesting. There’s two main variables to how quickly the bowl gets used up. Temp and draw timer.

There’s 5 temp presets, although in all honesty I only use 3-5 as I find session mode better for the really low temps. Like, on demand to me is about getting the bowl done quick and session mode is for having a session. 3 is a nicely balanced temp I find.

The draw timer seems to have huge bearing on how much gets extracted per heating round. I started off by matching it to my natural draw length and found I’d need quite a few heating rounds to finish a bowl. I’ve since maxed it out to 25 seconds and do 3 medium pulls to a heating round. This way I usually need between 2-6 rounds depending on temp preset.

It keeps producing vapour for a while after the heater has run down and got ready to be fired again. I’ve yet to work out if I like it better to puff until there’s nothing left and then fire the heater again, or just fire it as soon as it’s ready. This mode is one I’m still playing with. Session mode is my “home base” that I always come back to when I want it simple and controllable for now.

Hope that helps a bit. I’ve also heard a lot of previous Arizer owners say that you should turn the temp down 10-20 degrees on the Solo 3 from what you’d use on the Solo 2 for similar results. Obviously I can’t confirm that though

Last edited:
Top Bottom