• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

So who has gotten all McGuyver while vappin'

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Who has decided to not leave the vaporizing experiance well enough alone by getting all inventive. I would love to hear what inventive things you amazingly intelligent people come up with while stoned. Of course it has to have vaporizing as a catalyst.

1. Alligator cliips and magnets to hold my whip while cooling. Stuck it to everwhere metal. Fun trying to find it after getting to stoned sometimes.:rolleyes:

2. Vape pluged into a digital timer to ensure I don't get too wasted, and forget to turn off my vape (set to my usual bed time)

3. Here's one I tried tonight with pretty good result for the first time. Went to electronics store (RadioShack in the U.S) and got a mini computer vaccum. Removed all the peices except the plastic neck. then attached a pre-washed small oven bag with rubber bands. (Rinse with hot water, dry with paper towel, and place a dry towel flat inside for 30 minutes. All water will be gone, and no more fumes)
Place one end of my whip into the intake valve, and the bag is attached to the exhaust valve. Instant bag vape. I need to perfect it, and a variable speed vaccum would work better. All and all...It worked, and gave me one hell of a head high.

Thought this may turn into a fun thread. I'm sure a lot of these things come on a high-end vape, but for a broke newbie...these extra cirricular activities are a great buzzzzzz activity after vappin'.:p

DD

DigitalDavinci,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Very cool thread!

Neat ideas with the alligator clip and home made bag blower! Some pics would be awesome if possible.

Instead I'm rebuilding the case of my shitty, plastic, chineese made vape out of wood. Not hard really, but combining the pieces are becomming a challenge. Cant use glue. Not sure if nails are unhealthy. Could use some insight on this one.
Nice project (that's basically how the PD was born I think) :tup: I'm sure Tom or CD can recommend a safe suggestion, I think there are some non toxic glues that don't suck.

Idea 5 sounds really intriguing, how small is the thermocouple or whatever it is after taking it apart? Pics again, lol.

I don't have many great ideas, some people have gotten creative with sealing off the Extreme balloons and holding the whip. Someone had a lego guy's head as a stopper.

MacGyver could probably build some nice vapes. :D

vtac,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Thanks. I thought it was good idea to share fun stories. Sad to say I have no camera phone, and I have yet to purchace one of those digital cameras. lol I'll have to get my friend to take pics with his phone this weekend.

Alligator clips with holes attached to them for screws are easy to find at craft and hobby stores. So are magnets in the same stores. Only don't buy the smallest type clips and magnets. Not strong enough for the whip weight. Instead go for more the middle size, and a 1/2" magnet. Glue it onto the clip where the screw would go, and that will give you plenty of clearance from surface to glass whip parts. BE SURE TO CLIP ONLY TUBING!!! NOT GLASS STEM INSIDE OF TUBE!!! If you don't have metal around, the I got a magnet board, and screwed into the side of my desk. All of these things cost less than 20$ US combined, and gave me something to do for fun.

DigitalDavinci,

Purple-Days

Gorilla Wood Glue
FDA Approved for indirect food contact. Works great.

Screws man, screws and glue.

Hey , whips aren't our thing but I remember somewhere a mention of turning those box vapes on their side to get a better angle.

Purple-Days,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I tried turning mine on its side but it moved around to much when I inserted the whip. Didn't realise DD that your box was plastic :uhoh: but its outside the vapor path so should be an issue. Mine also has a sticker on the base that voids warranty if I remove it to unscrew the bottom :(

vaporcloud,

max

Out to lunch
vaporcloud said:
I tried turning mine on its side but it moved around to much when I inserted the whip.
I asked someone at Vaporwarez about the heater angle a while back. He said they gave it that 'dump your weed out' angle because, with a better angle, people were pushing the box all over the place with the whip. I wanted to tell him 'don't make the box so damn lightweight and you won't have that problem'. :lol: My first box vape was a Vaporlight. It has a nice, horizontal heater tube angle and is much heavier than usual so the whip never pushes the box.

max,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Cool some people are on this thread.

First I'd like to say that the thermometer idea is a bust. As the night went on, and this morning's wake and bake...the thermometer lost its correctness. This morning's wake and bake session was a unsucessful for the thermometer, and was put in the recycling pile of electronics :(

vaporcloud...My vape is plastic on the outside, and I'm pretty sure a 70$ chineese POS is not going to have a waranty any ways.lol I'm constructing a box that will sand up with the element at more of a straight up and down angle. I'll just have to turn it to put the whip on, but I do that now with the current design.

Purple-Days...gorrilla gule. Got it. I'll buy some on the way home. Thank you. I'm tring to make this as clean as possible. I always pissed my parents off by taking all my toys apart brand new to see how they worked. :rolleyes:

DD

DigitalDavinci,

Purple-Days

DD watch out, there are several Gorilla Glue species. I'm talking about the 'Wood Glue', white stuff that looks like Elmer's. The original urethane GG foams and is hard to work with, not sure about the original's toxics either.

Will you be doing any rewiring? If so, I would encourage you to remove as much solder from the parts sa possible and use lead-free solder, Radio shack used to have the stuff for about $5.:cool:

Purple-Days,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Nice...Thanks Purple Days. I would of never thought of removing the solder. Good Idea. As you guys will see in about a hour...I'll have to do some rewiring. I'll make sure to get the wood glue. Thanks again

DD

DigitalDavinci,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Ok so the pivot thing is a little more difficult than I originaly thought. I'll work on it and get back to you all.

BTW: how do you post images?

DD

DigitalDavinci,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
max said:
vaporcloud said:
I tried turning mine on its side but it moved around to much when I inserted the whip.
My first box vape was a Vaporlight. It has a nice, horizontal heater tube angle and is much heavier than usual so the whip never pushes the box.
The vaporlight looked cool ... the dont make em anymore. Did you like it max?

vaporcloud,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
DIGITALDAVINCI said:

BTW: how do you post images?

DD
Go to www.imageshack.us upload the picture and use the links provided to post it. The picture has to be hosted on the net and imageshack will do it for free and even resize it, thumbnail it etc.

vaporcloud,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
vaporcloud...Perfect. I'll put the design up later, and try to get invention photos up this weekend.

Thanks for the info

DigitalDavinci,

max

Out to lunch
vaporcloud said:
The vaporlight looked cool ... the dont make em anymore. Did you like it max?
Yeah, it's a nice box vape. No SSV but it does the job. I don't think it ever got enough exposure to be sucessful. AFAIK the guy never sold on eBay or had any dealers selling it. Maybe people didn't want a bright light coming out of their box :cool: It was a little bright sometimes. The nice part is you never had to worry about the heater. I never had to replace the bulb, but it was a standard 35W halogen bulb, about $5.

max,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
To be honest purple days...the more I look at your product...the more I think I'll save the cash on materials and buy your vape. I like the portablility. I thought metal burning bud equaled toxins above a certin degree? I'm new at this, and it has been mention I may have been misinformed about a few things in other threads.

Also. I'll be moving to your area of the U.S. in April. I can't wait! Oregon is so bueatiful. It may be Seattle, but close all the same. I can't wait to see mountians!

DigitalDavinci,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
/\

Who said anything about burning bud? :ninja:

If you're interested in the PD, check out the Purple-Days thread, there's info on the safety considerations and materials used. Short answer: it's one of the safest vaporizers in existence, no toxic metals, stainless steel is safe.

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
To be honest purple days...the more I look at your product...the more I think I'll save the cash on materials and buy your vape.
All serious vaporists need a PD. It's essential equipment. ;)

max,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Wow vtac...for a second there I thought you were telling me not to mention marijuana. LOL I've seen pics of what's been vaped around here.;)

"who said any thing about burning bud"...I ment that it raises the vaporizing temps to a dangerous level, and often "burns" the metal and bud. IE starts unwanted combustion and toxins from the metal. Now that I've dove into the PD website and thread...I understand I was grossly misinformed. Sorry for the stupid post. I'll start doing my homework before typing next time :(

Damned merchants that tell you lies on forums to get your biz.

Anyways. For 150 usd cheaper than the EX, the PD is a little more in my price range. I understand they are used in different manners, and they have different functionalities. I think the purple days better suits my needs. Therefor they'll be hearing form me in about a month.:brow:

This thread has turned into a vape buying discussion...I'm still waiting to hear about some really cool inventions!
Maybe it's the MacGuyver reference....For you young people...It means invent vaping add-ons with whats hangin' around. :p
Also the guy Patty and Selma are infatuated with on the Simpsons.:lol:

DD

DigitalDavinci,

Purple-Days

I still think you should re-build that vape... at least you vou;d remove that 'probable' lead solder.

What about a simple box design. As in turn it on it's side or back upright, no pivot.

Purple-Days,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Purple Days...Thanks you are right. I've been working on exactly what you suggested. I am in the process of replacing the parts that are unexceptable, or questionable (to my standards). Sadly there are a lot of these parts, and I am starting to regret spending the 70$ on this POS. I've learned my lesson.

You should see inside this chineese vape. Crappy grade aluminum or the lightest steel ever. The threads dont screw in properly now that I've taken it apart due to poor milling. The glass element cracked instantly. I used finger tip grip only! Luckily I have a replacement. Ah...It's my fault. Buy cheap/Get cheap. Think I'm just going to save for your PD and a vapor genie. Best comobo for me I think.

I'm still working on it, but I'm starting to question if anything is safe on this thing. I'd like to warn some one actually. Lots being sold on EBay. A serious DON'T BUY!! I like to be inventive. This was a bit of a bust I fear. :( Thanks for the support though. :/

Digital

DigitalDavinci,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Ok...So I've "cleaned" my vape for proper human consumption. I'm not too knowledgable with wood working, but I thought I'd ask one of the smartest people I know (in person ;) as opposed to here virtually :p ) what kind of wood I should use.

I guess I found the one thing he decided to sleep through in school. The wood I bought was too soft :disgust: , and where the element touches the wood base...well I smell wood warming :( . Shit I wish I had proper space and woodworking tools for this project. Anyways. It works, so I still can feel confident in my eletrical skills. :)

Any suggestions would be great for my first big MacGuyver invapetion (name is a WIP). I refuse to give up now! Too close. Plus my damn dremmel died at the end of tweaking the interface openings. I'd have to buy a new one to rebuild a case out of hard wood. Might as well save for the PD and VG combo I'm dreaming of. :brow:

I like typing to myself...looks much more sane than talking to yourself. :lol:

DigitalDavinci,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic

A couple of 3d renderings of my new vape. Plastic and lead free (I think, but the digital component.) Now got to figure out the wood problem.

Good night all

DD

PS: The glass material is a little messed up, but then again...so am I. :p

DigitalDavinci,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Cool shit!

Just the experience is worth it, probably make you appreciate a good vape all that much more.

So in that pic, the wand plugs down onto the heater? I'm willing to bet that's one of the first vaporizer renders. :D

vtac,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Yep the wand plugs straight down like the vaportower. It easily turns on it's side, and I stabalized all the electronics to reduse any spark through shifting over time. I liked builing my own vape, and I think this protype may be a bust, but the parts are clean and good. Therefor...I'll scrap the wood, and keep the parts for a day when I have the proper space/tools to shape my masterpeice. Not a bad experiance at all. Just not a successful one.

That was a quick and dirty 3d model. took me about a hour with rendering. I used the information to purchase the materials I need. I built it in 3D to scale, so I knew exactly how much wood, electronic pariphinallia, and other materials I'd need to buy. I've used 3DS MAX many of times for my projects. I'll have to show you my hydroponic setup when I get out of work. I'll have that bult some day when I own a house. :) It is how I supplemented my income in collage part 1. Hydro systems for students made at a reasonable price. I rarely had to pay for good bud. ;)

DigitalDavinci,
Top Bottom