So I want another Vape...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MedicatedVet1911

Lord of The Seven Kingdoms.
So i've had my Iolite for about 3 weeks and have loved vaping with it. Its a great unit but here is the thing: Its too small. I want a good desk unit. Ive looked at some of the options and the only limit is really my budget. If I buy it this month , I have about 175-200 to play with. If I wait another month ill have about 300. What I need it to do is: Be easy to maintain , have a long lasting heating element, easy to use temp control , and have a much larger bowl than the Iolite ( I would like to vape around 2 , 2.5 grams at a time). Also a start/stop feature would be great ( I dont like the fact that with the Iolite once I start vaping , I have to finish the bowl).

Many thanks in advance
J

MedicatedVet1911,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
easy to use temp control, ... and have a much larger bowl than the Iolite ( I would like to vape around 2 , 2.5 grams at a time).

This makes me think of a SSV or a DBV. It's pretty nice to be able to turn the temp up as you go along with the bowl, because they can hold quite a lot. I know a lot of people like other whip units too, but I don't know how much they can hold in a bowl as I've never used any other whips besides the DBV and generic hotboxes.

One thing though, and one of the main reasons I'll never buy a whip vape myself is the maintenance trouble/cost. There's just more to clean in a whip system, more area for stuff to build up on too. And the hose has to be replaced periodically also, I know they're not super expensive but it adds up if you want to not have a stinky/dirty whip. You probably already know this MV1911, but I felt I had to be balanced in my suggestion.

It's all about compromises, in my mind at least. Although I don't think whip vapes are often the "perfect fit" for people, I can't really think of a better way to get a big hitter with a large load capacity in your price range. But like I said, the added maintenance could make it not worth it to you. Good luck!

Peloton,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
So i've had my Iolite for about 3 weeks and have loved vaping with it. Its a great unit but here is the thing: Its too small. I want a good desk unit. Ive looked at some of the options and the only limit is really my budget. If I buy it this month , I have about 175-200 to play with. If I wait another month ill have about 300. What I need it to do is: Be easy to maintain , have a long lasting heating element, easy to use temp control , and have a much larger bowl than the Iolite ( I would like to vape around 2 , 2.5 grams at a time). Also a start/stop feature would be great ( I dont like the fact that with the Iolite once I start vaping , I have to finish the bowl).

Many thanks in advance
J

I would totally get an underdog log vape, or a vapor brothers desktop vape , or a HI (if you can wait 4 months or less)

Elluzion,
Reactions: placetime

Espo

Many thanks in advance
J

I am in the same boat as you and have been trying to make a decision.
I've been looking at the SSV, DBV and Extreme Q, and was leaning towards the DBV. But like Peloton said, the whip style is not for everyone, and I have been trying to decide if its right for me.

I do not know much about the log style vapes and how they work enough to consider one of them, I know there are a few different ways to enjoy them, can someone explain them to us who are looking for sub $200 vapes.

Espo,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I don't think your problem is small bowl, but more like the low performance of the Iolite. Iolite can hold quite a bit of herbs, but doesn't vape efficiently as convection vapes and it takes almost 20 mins to cook a bowl.
The Cloud's bowl is only slightly larger, but it can powerfully extract the bowl in few hits making huge blasting vapor clouds. And that makes everyone blazed. Big bowl are more like problematic in vapes as they don't work well with small personal loads so it will urge you to fill it too much. Also more than start-stop feature you just need convection heat, that works just like this. When you stop pulling herbs cool down. All units I list are convection as I think that's what you want.

My advice is to save money, because really good desktop units are not cheap.
VXC:
-Direct draw vape, you load vape, put on glass hydratube for water filtration and inhale as you wish.
-All glass - plus is the taste, minus fragility
-Powerful convection, no need for stirring.
-It can load probably slighty more than Iolite, but it's vapor is very satisfying.
-Can deal with small loads too.
-Glass heat exchanger. Can last looong, but also you can break it in second.
-Inconsistently in stock, pricy (450-550$), but it's probably the most luxury and satisfying desktop today.

SSV (DBV, LSV):
-Probably the best whip vape. Quite large bowl, i think it can hold a gram.
-If you load it enough it makes satisfying clouds, it needs a lot of stirring.
-This is that vape that urges you to load it more than you need.
-200-350$

EQ:
-Very versatile. Default dual-mode, but can be easily used in even more ways.
-Not much well designed glass. Needs a lot of stirring and prepare for some minor trouble with airpath.
-In my experience it can last long time. MY EQ was heavily modded and abused and used in exotic ways and is still like new. If the glass breaks it's cheaply replaceable.
-Similar heater design as SSV,DBV,LSV. Ceramic heater in glass before herbs - so heat is mostly at the center of airpath and you need to stir a lot.
-Cheap (200-250$)

Volcano:
-It can hold a lot. A LOT. I think 2-3 grams possible.
-Almost indestructible solid design.
-Profesional bag filler, great for parties. Not so great for personal use as it really urges you to load too much.
-Huge, loud and expensive (500-600$)

UD:
-Well, you said you want huge bowls, this is the opposite, but you can cycle several tiny bowl in very short time.
-You must let it warm up for like 30 minutes, but then it's ready for 24/7 usage.
-When warmed up, you can easily load a stem, connect it, cook in in few pulls and easily unload. Or reload if you want more.
-These log vapes have tiny bowl that you can cook very fast and effectively. So you can dose very precisely and not waste anything.
-Great for personal use.
-Beautiful artistic finish.
-150-250$

MedicatedVet1911

Lord of The Seven Kingdoms.
After some more research and talking with some folks , I'm leaning towards either the Solo (which even though is a portable unit , others have said that it has the kick of a desktop unit) or the Herbalizer. It seems that these two are the best fit for what I'm looking for. Can anyone whose had both give me some kind of comparison?

MedicatedVet1911,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I think if you want to go away from the Iolite concept, you don't don't want to go Solo. It's almost the same, just better in almost everything. I think you just want a good convection unit. Most desktops are convection. Solo is not.
Herbalizer? You mean herbalAire or Herborizer? I don't know any herbalizer.
Wand vapes are also really great, but imo too fragile as they're completely complex glass. But they are almost as luxury as the VXC and performance is also very good. But if you want to go this way, I would save more money and get the VXC. As it has really powerful and effective heating element.

Seek,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
HerbalAire is great effective dual mode vape. Blows dense Clouds and allows direct inhalation too. And is very durable. But I've heard it has quite a lot of coduction too, so your load can cook when you don't hit it. And some say that direct inhalation is restrictive.

Seek,

max

Out to lunch
The Solo is small, like the iolite. It's a great vape for bridging the gap between pocket portable and home vape, but hits are kind of restricted, like the iolite. A full size home vape is usually gonna give you bigger hits with better air flow. The herbalAire is another 'in between' model-great if you want to fill bags and also take direct hits, but these dual mode vapes are a bit of a compromise on direct draw. As already suggested, something like the SSV/DBV provides the big hits that complement a portable or other vape with more of a restricted draw.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom