So confused about Teflon

DemiV

I couldn’t get back to the thread I started about looking for a desktop Herb Vaporizer that could hold much more flower in its chamber than most Vapes. In the post a guy said the Teflon version of the Mini Vap would be what I wanted since flavor for me is paramount. He also said the Quartz version cooks your weed even when you’re not toking. The Mini Vap seems great and I never use high temps because of my preferences but even at low temps would you be getting trace amount of toxic vapor from the Teflon? I am already a very sickly so I can’t risk introduction something that was found to be so toxic when it was being used in kitchens.

DemiV,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I couldn’t get back to the thread I started about looking for a desktop Herb Vaporizer that could hold much more flower in its chamber than most Vapes. In the post a guy said the Teflon version of the Mini Vap would be what I wanted since flavor for me is paramount. He also said the Quartz version cooks your weed even when you’re not toking. The Mini Vap seems great and I never use high temps because of my preferences but even at low temps would you be getting trace amount of toxic vapor from the Teflon? I am already a very sickly so I can’t risk introduction something that was found to be so toxic when it was being used in kitchens.

You mean the thread you stated here:

RustyOldNail,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The concern about Teflon in cookware is a risk of polymer-fume fever. Now PFF has not been observed at cooking temperatures, but there is a risk of overheating in some applications. So, in my opinion, the risk is overblown. PFF onset is immediate so you would know if it happened to you.

I don't know if any information about Teflon in vaporizers, and I have never used a minivap. I would not be deterred myself by Teflon here, but if it bothers you: skip it. Lots of other good vapes out there. Or go with the quartz core. I don't think the Teflon is in a place where this a concern but I would defer to someone who has used the device.

There is an old PTFE thread that does mention the MV:

Grass Yes,

DemiV

yeah I’d really like to hear from someone who actually uses it. But thanks for your input.

DemiV,

GoldenBud

it's not dangerous at 240C or 250C.. teflon's boiling point is around 325C, don't worry, it will never even reach 270C.. it's totally safe..

Razhumikin

You dont taste the teflon at all, as stated above the teflons boiling point is above the temp the minivap can reach. Minivap has excellent flavor.

Razhumikin,
Reactions: GoldenBud

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Not trying to be dismissive but if it was a problem you better believe plenty of people here would have already covered it, there are some super anal members who dont play around with material safety

Sour Dream,

Vaporware

There are super toxic chemicals used in making it, and the byproducts and particles of the things they create are everywhere in our environment and our bodies today.

How much that affects us is yet to be determined as far as I know, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to be concerned.

I don’t think the Teflon in the Minivap is going to hurt you even as much as cookware because you’re not scratching it off in the Minivap, but personally I feel more comfortable inhaling through glass, SS, Ti, even wood. :2c:

Vaporware,
Reactions: Knewt
Top Bottom