Sneaky Pete Globes

camobanana

Cannabiker

I got a mega-globe Mk II a while back, and my initial impressions were really good. I hadn't used a whip on anything aside from my SSV. It had been quite a few years since I used the SSV, and I never missed the whip. So I started out skeptical, but I loved it almost immediately. The hookah experience is just so chill, especially with an injector or log. It's like drinking from the hose of a hydration pack on a bike ride; it's just there waiting for you. And the second joint on the globe is brilliant, allowing for clearing without touching the heater.

Soon though, really soon, it clogged up. It was just the elbow joint to the whip--that thing is much too narrow, with a bend that encourages too much turbulence. Reclaim builds quickly. So I replaced it with a seventh-floor joint I used to connect my SSV to a water piece. That was much better. The next choke point was the "mouthpiece" include with the Globe--a glass straw with a narrower diameter than the hose. Again, borrowing a from the SSV fixed that problem.

At that point, I was pretty happy. Then I saw the Goo Roo Designs hookah, and I realized I am now a hookah fan. I took a short road trip up to Goo Roo headquarters and picked one up in person. Now the Globe feels underpowered. The Goo Roo has a simpler perc, but with a more satisfying rumble. After a couple of months using the Goo Roo pretty much exclusively, I pulled out the Globe again. I had liked it so much, I figured it deserved another chance. I put it away again pretty quickly.

Now I might have Goo Roo make me a custom, with an extra joint for a stopper. I miss that about the Globe. The bummer is that the Goo Roo design won't allow for the second joint be routed to the downstem, which is a nice touch, keeping the perc going when you clear the chamber.

DHV8654

I have the goo roo hookah as well. The mega globe just sits. The thing I always wanted for the mega globe was a cage like Simrell had for the smaller globe. Was hoping this may spark my interest in it again.
Do you use a drop down or ash catcher for the Goo Roo Hookah? Currently have a grav drop down but there has to be something better.

DHV8654,

Cannabiker

I have the goo roo hookah as well. The mega globe just sits. The thing I always wanted for the mega globe was a cage like Simrell had for the smaller globe. Was hoping this may spark my interest in it again.
Do you use a drop down or ash catcher for the Goo Roo Hookah? Currently have a grav drop down but there has to be something better.
I don't use one. I may be missing something, but it's never seemed necessary. With vaporizers a water piece stays remarkably clean. I wash mine out with hot water in just a few minutes.

Jeeshy

Has anyone tried one of these?

Globe cage
This looks pretty awesome, hopefully they can be found on my side of the world soon. I've got one of those MK2 china globes on the way, If I like it I would definitely invest a few extra bucks into a cage for it.

Jeeshy,

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
Has anyone tried one of these?

Globe cage

Looks like a copy of this super fancy limited edition cage/globe that was sold for a decent amount of cash by Sneaky Pete about a year or so ago.

710yota,

myxine

For anybody on the fence about ordering the mkII globe.
$35'ish shipped.

I have the original SP MKII globe and ordered this one from Aliexpress, just to see if it's the same. Should be here in the middle to end of June.
Too cheap to not try.

Any way to tell if these are borosilicate glass? Thanks for the link!

myxine,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Any way to tell if these are borosilicate glass? Thanks for the link!
I am fairly sure that if they don’t specifically say borosilicate glass, it is not borosilicate glass.
Also, Boro glass is more expensive, and at that price point, it is reasonable to again assume it isn’t borosilicate.

myxine

I am fairly sure that if they don’t specifically say borosilicate glass, it is not borosilicate glass.
Also, Boro glass is more expensive, and at that price point, it is reasonable to again assume it isn’t borosilicate.

Thank you! are there any inherent safety issues with non-borosilicate other than temperature weakness? I realize the globe won't be getting hot so it shouldn't really matter, but I've never used non-boro before I don't believe.

myxine,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Thank you! are there any inherent safety issues with non-borosilicate other than temperature weakness? I realize the globe won't be getting hot so it shouldn't really matter, but I've never used non-boro before I don't believe.
I am no expert, I actually asked a similar question in a different thread a few days ago!

But from what I have learned over the years from FC, for bubblers the glass does not need to be borosilicate.
If you buy from a reputable company (which SP is), you should be safe.
Beyond that, maybe a glass expert can chime in!

Last edited:

Jeeshy

Received my globe and I really dig it! The perc is actually more effective than most of the basic ass bongs I have. My b-zero setup is on my coffee table so the whip makes it possible to do vapor bongs while staying seated!

Definitely not thick heavy glass, But very nice for vaping out of and at a price you can break one now and then.

Jeeshy,
Reactions: Jill NYC

onesixty2

Grabbed a Mega Globe Mk 2 off Alliexpress before 'mywarehouse store' (the vendor) went out of stock-- this thing became my favorite glass to run a dynavap or volcano through overnight. It's so incredibly smooth and definitely worth it if you're on the fence. The one I received from Alliexpress is identical to what vgoodiez / sneaky pete (sans branding) sell based on pictures.

another cage option exists on Etsy, I ordered one of those so we'll see how it works but as of now I don't really have concerns with knocking it over. Had I used the globe for a week before ordering, I probably wouldn't have bought one, but I was worried it was easy to tip. Once you have water in the globe it feels pretty stable on its own, even with a whip.

onesixty2,

Lobby

1_51aaa9ee-5c1b-41e2-9f3b-769f2afb2c69.jpg

Did not know it came in blue, mine is on the way!

Green420

Here's my old globe I took out of storage in anticipation of my new pieces. I haven't used any glass for a while because I was just convinced I'd break it if I bought another one. But this is my old sneaky pete globe which broke. I super glued the glass pieces back together but the seal isn't perfect, so you have to tape it to the dynavap/davinci IQ converter to get a seal on it. I'm not even sure if cleaning it in iso would destroy the superglue.
307094960_797493771563623_5830683826150217345_n.jpg

Green420,
  • Wow

Texus

Here's my old globe I took out of storage in anticipation of my new pieces. I haven't used any glass for a while because I was just convinced I'd break it if I bought another one. But this is my old sneaky pete globe which broke. I super glued the glass pieces back together but the seal isn't perfect, so you have to tape it to the dynavap/davinci IQ converter to get a seal on it. I'm not even sure if cleaning it in iso would destroy the superglue.
307094960_797493771563623_5830683826150217345_n.jpg
Some nice light reading you've got there. You should probably add some Bakhtin to that mix.

Texus,
Reactions: Green420

Green420

Some nice light reading you've got there. You should probably add some Bakhtin to that mix.
Nice, I've heard of it, I read an essay from The Dialogical Imagination a long time ago at a professor's recommendation. I just remember something about chronotopes now. My memory is in the pages.

Green420,

Green420

This thing is positively bulbous. First impressions. After my last sneaky Pete globe finally lost an important piece of glass, again, after I tried gluing it back together, my sneaky Pete mega globe mk 2 has arrived. My first impressions, it's stupid to use with the dynavap. The draw is heavy, it takes a bit of pulling to get some air flow, and I'm a distance runner. I love the 10mm clutch to clear the chamber on the back of it. The whip doesn't work very well considering the low air flow with the dynavap. The glass is a little thin but I kind of knew that going into it, I had a previous globe. In all honesty, I probably should have just gone with either another small globe, or the sneaky Pete cube. It seems to filter very well, the vapor is never dirty tasting, I imagine it does some pretty heavy filtering with this design. The vapor usually looks pretty diffused, you don't get big clouds unless you really heat that s***.

I don't like the dynavap converter I got either, it has those two rings on the stem which make it unweildy to hold, and time and space tells us that the smaller the diameter of the tube you spin, the less time and space it takes for the thing to actually spin. You can't even get a full rotation when you spin the beefy thing in your fingers.

Lesson learned, don't buy huge pieces for a vape with low draw. It's kinda badass though, I think it looks really cool, and aesthetically it's somewhat of a statement in its size.
307339303_396948815930056_4530197737732826520_n.jpg

Last edited:
Green420,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I can’t inhale from large rigs anymore, the small MF ORBITER is ideal for me, using DRY with “balls”, see 2nd link for that info.
Don’t remember where I found it without the hose’s, just globe and base. I can use all my devices, including DV’s.

USING BALLS for DRY vaping, very effective:

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Planck

RustyOldNail

The air flow is better with the dynavap than something like the mega globe mk 2 which takes a lot of inhaling to fill the thing

That’s why I recommended the Orbiter….
I bought a larger “Klein Recycler”, same issue for me, too much effort to draw.

RustyOldNail,

Green420

That’s why I recommended the Orbiter….
I bought a larger “Klein Recycler”, same issue for me, too much effort to draw.
I posted about the recycler in the wrong thread, this is the sneaky pete globe thread, but I don't think the recycler has a bad draw. It takes no more effort to draw than the dynavap itself.

Green420,

Green420

I bought a larger one, then the one you pictured. It sits on my shelf.
I see what you're saying now, yes I'm starting to notice that size matters when the air flow on your vape sucks. Almost makes me want to invest in another Davinci IQ. Isn't the orbiter only for a certain style of vape? Can you use it with the dynavap? I would imagine with the double whips, one of the whips would be difficult to attach the dynavap to.

Green420,

RustyOldNail

I see what you're saying now, yes I'm starting to notice that size matters when the air flow on your vape sucks. Almost makes me want to invest in another Davinci IQ. Isn't the orbiter only for a certain style of vape? Can you use it with the dynavap? I would imagine with the double whips, one of the whips would be difficult to attach the dynavap to.

Re-read my earlier post… I found an Orbiter that was just the globe and the wooden base, (no hoses) the base is GREAT, and you can easily pickup the entire piece. For DV use, I bought CLEAR 14mm to 10mm adapters, so as not to mare any stems. Mostly, I use 14mm glass DV stems, so no need for the adapter. On the other 14mm end, you can use any longer MP, so the DV tip is not next to your face. I’ll have search and see if I posted any photos.

I NO longer bother posting photos, as FC removed the ability awhile ago, to do that easily…. :(

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Planck
Top Bottom