Sneaky Pete Globes

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I've been using the small Sneaky Pete globe with my vapes(Crafty, Fury2, VapCap) and really find it simple clean and enjoyable. So I just ordered the new big globe for my other home on the other side of the border. Since I've never owned a bong and am not that keyed in to other glass, other than glass pipes when I still smoked, I don't know if these are good water tools or how they compare to other bubblers. What do people think of these globe bubblers? Thanks.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Lots of members use & love those two pieces so you’re in good company imo. I don’t have either but they both tick all the boxes for tasty flower vaping. Others will chime in but I’d say they’re very solid choices and great value for money. Enjoy!

I have the small globe and it's perfect for my Vapcaps. I use the glass mouthpiece exclusively. It was unusable with the stock whip IMO. The piece is too light and small to stay put. I think the mega globe would be a much better choice for a whip configuration, but it looks a little too big for me. The water volume seems huge and I think it would be awkward to use as a handheld with the glass mouthpiece based on the size. But, I've never actually used it, so I could be wrong.

The quality doesn't seem like anything special, and I'm not a huge fan of the branding, but it works really well and is a great intro piece for the price. Super easy to clean too. I'm not a big glass person, so this piece does the job for me. I do think I'd need something bigger if I want to truly enjoy using my Woodscents through water.

Overall, I'm quite happy with mine. You could probably find some better values on DHgate, but personally, I'd rather deal with Pete and avoid the extra hassle of waiting for DHgate glass to arrive. He seems like a good dude with solid customer service.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
@beyond6strings can you help us out with your first impressions of the mega globe?

I love it. I use it with my Ditanium and Elev8r using the whip. And I have never gotten bigger, cooler clouds of vapor. It's the bomb. I recommend it wholeheartedly.

There's so much more water in it than the OG Globe that I think it works best with devices that have a wide open draw. I haven't tried it with a vapcap yet because of that reason. But...I might try it with the mouthpiece and see.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Please do, im keen to know how it goes. :)

I can pretty much suck a bowling ball through a garden hose, but using a DDave Wand through the Mega Globe was pretty tough. It worked, and I got huge hits, but it was a lot work, and I know my sinuses well enough to know that I'd be messing that up with repeated use. The OG Globe is perfect for the vapcap and I'll keep using it for that.

But the Mega Globe with any vape that has an open and easy draw is PERFECT. It's my favorite water piece.

jake18a

About a week ago I received my mega globe and I am really satisfied. I have a few water pieces and right now this is my favorite. I was worried there would be too much water, but I don't find that to be the case. I'm using it primarily with my NewVape VROD and/or Weedeater setup and I really have no complaints.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Well I've had my giant globe for nearly three weeks. I'm actually not that keen on it and like my Sneakypete's small globe better. Why? Well one thing is that the big perc only uses the top row of holes rather than all three sets of holes. So the bubbles only have a short distance to the surface...and all the lower holes seem wasted. It also is much more visible in my workroom than the smaller globe--I don't like to shout that I'm a doper! And for whatever reason, I find that its not as convenient to change the water after nearly every session, as I do with the smaller globe. But my biggest issue with the giant is draining the vapor in the globe after a hit. It pushes my lung capacity to the limit. By making the vapor so cool, I am also taking huge hits--and wheezing at night as a result. In conclusion: Nice piece, but not as enjoyable to me as the wonderful small globe.

1nd3cEnt

Sneaky Pete's Mega Globe is 5.5"Hx 4.3"W. The flat circular base measures aprox. 3" in diameter. The globe comes with a removable 14mm glass mouthpiece that measures 4 3/8" long. It also comes with a 24" hi temp silicon whip with a 90deg. 14mm male connector & a 2"x 5/16" glass breathing tube. The 14mm female vertical "bowl" includes a permanent dropdown tube ending in a diffusion type barrel with 16 vertical 1mm incisions. The downtube is just slighty off verticality. I filled the globe with water up to the bottom of the angled 14mm female mouthpiece joint. It measured over 0.7L.

I chose the Mega Globe because it has a very low profile with everything removed. It also has a very large volume, which I wanted because I use the globe without water. I prefer to use the whip as a mouthpiece, although the whip can also be used as a connector to your vaporizer. The included mouthpiece functions ok, but requires the user to hold onto the joint when the mouthpiece is being used. The globe requires two handed use for best security. The globe is also very stable & will hold the whip & a vaporizer without water in the globe.

IMHO, best use of the globe is as a desktop type unit with the whip. It is probably not best used to be passed around in a group situation. The mouthpiece is just a little too insecure for passing around although a clip would easily rectify that issue. The globe is easily rinsed out with water or iso. I use the globe with no water, & with a dabcap on the various vaporizer's mouthpieces. I recommend the Mega Globe as a very effective vapor temperature control device & am very pleased with my purchase.

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
I recently purchased a Sneaky Pete Mega globe. I have purchased a few American pieces, and a TON of china DHgate pieces in the past. I figured out I seemed to enjoy the double stereo matrix’s the best.

When I purchased this globe I didn’t have really high expectations, I just wanted a bong with a whip. Well I was extremely surprised with how well this cools the vapor from my Supreme 4, G43, Boundless Tera, and Grasshopper, way better than any other bong I have owned. I could not believe how much vapor I was able to take in and how much cooler the vapor was. A whole different level I could tell instantly. I tried the whip first and thought it was the reason the vapor was so cool, but the regular mouthpiece hits just as good too.

Needless to say I just purchased the smaller one also. Big plus that all my orders from Pete get to me in 2 days also. Replaced all my bongs. I really was not expecting that at all!

Im mad it took this long for me to try it and lucky I stumbled across it. No more waiting from 7 days to 3 months for China glass from DHGATE.

Last edited:

diggy87

I’m waiting for my small globe to arrive. Can’t wait to hit my smono and dynavap through it

diggy87,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I find this interesting as today I learned about Sneaky Pete's globe. Pete's is likely the progenitor of my MF Orbiter. Two key differences; no logo and no flat bottom. That is why the MF Orbiter has a wooden base for support. Definitely going to try the hand-held method when I get a better mouthpiece.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@Ramahs & @TheThriftDrifter I did enquire once about a no-label option or even if I could get the Canadian store’s variant with the red maple leaf (more preferable to the SP logo for me) and the answer I got was a blunt “no” so I went another direction. I don’t understand why they can’t/don’t make the label optional since it’s literally easier to sell it plain than to bake that label on. Or why only Canucks can get the leaf? Oh well...

@TommyDee actually I believe it was the other way around and the orbiter was first and SP’s globe was based on it. I like the flame-polished cuts on the showerhead perc of the orbiter and the flat bottom of the globe, that would be my perfect mash-up of the two. With the SP glass mp rather than a whip. And if wishes were horses...

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I did enquire once about a no-label option or even if I could get the Canadian store’s variant with the red maple leaf (more preferable to the SP logo for me) and the answer I got was a blunt “no” so I went another direction. I don’t understand why they can’t/don’t make the label optional since it’s literally easier to sell it plain than to bake that label on. Or why only Canucks can get the leaf? Oh well...

Yeah. That's enough to turn me away.

I don't even mind paying a higher price for a logo-free piece of glass.

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@Ramahs If you have a means to manage a spherical bottom, the MF replacement Orbiters are only $30. It does make for a great handheld globe with that hard edge removed. You just need something to set down on. Even a simple drinking glass would suffice (like a tumbler; short and stout). You need to go the '/club' side of the site.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I ordered from their Canadian site, great north Vaporizers. It’s comes with a maple leaf as apposed to the sneaky Pete logo

The leaf model was the model I was talking about. I thought that was Sneaky Pete's logo.

@Ramahs If you have a means to manage a spherical bottom, the MF replacement Orbiters are only $30. It does make for a great handheld globe with that hard edge removed. You just need something to set down on. Even a simple drinking glass would suffice (like a tumbler; short and stout). You need to go the '/club' side of the site.

Yeah, I'm familiar with MF's globe. I'm not a huge fan of their stand, which has held me back from that one. ANd, I think I'd prefer a flat-bottom so it doesn't need a stand. Though, I still may get MF's globe and just find a nice small decorative wooden bowl to set it on.

Top Bottom