Smooth thick vaporization

omgomghax

There are very few things that I know of that is good for making the vapor smooth. I hear that the vapor is smooth on the cloud but it seems awfully expensive to get a smooth hit and even then people in some videos i see start coughing a lung. I'm thinking the vapor must be cooler.

question simply put, how does one get the thickest and smoothest vapor?

I figure a water pipe like this with a vaporizer would make it really smooth without paying too much for a good perc : http://buyabong.net/black-leaf-glass-7mm-triple-5-arm-tree-perc-ice-bong-no-carb-hole

omgomghax,

SD_haze

There are very few things that I know of that is good for making the vapor smooth. I hear that the vapor is smooth on the cloud but it seems awfully expensive to get a smooth hit and even then people in some videos i see start coughing a lung. I'm thinking the vapor must be cooler.

I figure a water pipe like this with a vaporizer would make it really smooth without paying too much for a good perc : http://buyabong.net/black-leaf-glass-7mm-triple-5-arm-tree-perc-ice-bong-no-carb-hole
When you see someone coughing in a cloud video, they've either turned the heat up, or packed an extra-fat bowl to show off how much vapor it can produce.

Packed 10-40% on a low/medium temp setting I can easily not cough once during a sesh using the cloud. Can't say the same for my other vapes with a less pure airpath.

There certainly are plenty of affordable vaporizers that can be smooth with water filtration, but I would avoid getting a bong with 4 areas of diffusion (3 percs + downstem). A single perc+downstem is more than enough most of the time. MAX would be two percs, a third won't do anything positive really.

SD_haze,

Peloton

Vapes Hard

Water filtration. Sounds like you're on the right track. No doubt vapor is much smoother than smoke, but running it through water brings it to a whole 'nother level. Vaporization temperature plays a role also, higher temps are irritating to some people's lungs.

Putting your choice of vaporizer aside, running vapor through water makes it smoother and less irritating.

Peloton,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Basically you have two options, water and cold temperature.

Besides a bong, I'd also suggest the Vapor Tamer by 7th floor or simply ice to cool/smooth the hit.

Steele Concept has a nice bong out in the glass section that uses little cubes of glycerin, he said they would be available separately.

Tweak,

max

Out to lunch
how does one get the thickest and smoothest vapor?
Good advice so far, but you need to understand that thick and smooth, when it comes to vapor, do not go together hand in hand. It's more like a hostile engagement between the two. That's what makes the VXL Cloud special. It puts thick and smooth on friendlier terms, and isn't picky about how hard you hit it. Water filtration is the way to go for achieving your goal, but you do need to accept that huge hits aren't going to be naturally smooth, no matter what vape you use. You're also going to be wasting vapor when you exhale those big clouds, since you'll be taking in more vapor than your lungs can handle. Occasional lung busters can be fun, but I wouldn't go for that type of hit each and every time.

As for cold water or ice, I don't notice any more significant smoothness, vs. room temp H20, but to each his own.

max,
Reactions: OF

SD_haze

There's been postulating around the forums that cold temperature increases vapor condensation on the glass (David Goldstein was pretty vocal about it). So if you're actually condensing more vapor on the glass, that means you're getting less vapor in your lungs, which certainly WOULD feel smoother... but obviously not the most efficient means to go about it if it is in fact working like that.

In the same thinking, the bigger your bong, generally the more vapor condensation, there's less vapor going into your lungs [given an equal amount of herb used] causing a smoother hit.

Good advice so far, but you need to understand that thick and smooth, when it comes to vapor, do not go together hand in hand. It's more like a hostile engagement between the two.
This is definitely true for just about every vaporizer I've used, except for one specific situation.

If I do a very low temp EZ-bowl on the cloud with not much material, it is very smooth but not too thick.
But if I pack a good deal in, and still set it very low temp (9-10am), that 2nd pull after a brief primer will be very thick, but still not cause me to cough. Even with re-breathing the cloud 2-3 times.We know THC alone can make you cough, so part of that is my vapor tolerance that comes with solely vaping for a good while, so maybe I wouldn't expect the same results on everybody just starting out.

SD_haze,
Reactions: Puffers

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Great point SD
I definitely notice much less build up on the water tools by using room temp water. I used to chill distilled water til it was almost frozen or somewhat slushee like, i think after switching to room temp imo its about as smooth but with much less vapor condensation on your water tools.

Puffers,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I have been running my pax on the mobius ion, and getting super thick, smooth vapor that has not made me choke, and I use the cloud daily. Here is a milk video, I was barely pulling to make it fill the chamber slow because I thought it looked cool, kind of reminded me of a lava lamp. The pax was a fresh load set to High, but does not seem at all harsh to me. I prefer to water cool my vapor any chance I can.

Here is one where I did it at normal air flow...

NewVape

What a guy!
Ok those were sweet videos. I still have to make one with my LSV, think I'm going to make a "lava lamp".

Ok on topic I always find that water makes my vapor smoother. I've been experimenting with different water tools and have found the following. Room temp water works best for me, I just keep a bottle of drinking water sitting out and I just fill from that. With vapor less water is more, my reasoning is that when using most of my vaporizers my draw is intentionally slooooow. I find even if I'm using my LSV which I can pull as fast as I want that slower is better. If I'm using a bubbler with a lager shower head like my Bent my draw is too slow tomake full use of it. (but it sure is pretty) http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/new-gridded-showerhead-d.6647/
I also find that vapor does take as much to smooth out then smoke. That's why my next glass will have a short showerhead that sits down low in the can.

That being said I'd suggest a good beaker type water tool with a nice shower head downstem. One of these can be had for less then $100 if you look around the web for one. Lastly don't spend a ton of money on your first water tool. Find out if you like using one before you do.

Top Bottom