Smoking and Vaping from the same piece?

throwawaytre3s

Hey everyone, so I'm wondering, is it a good idea to smoke and vape from the same bong? I'm picking up a bong to vape from, but I also recently broke my smoking one( or a friend did, rather). If I smoke and don't clean it before vaping, will this foul the taste or anything? Also how worried should I be about back pressure with the EQ and getting water in my whip? I've had a few folks voice their concerns about that.

throwawaytre3s,
Reactions: kellya86

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
I've accidentally combusted in my glass before, and it most definitely fouled the taste IMO. Good thing glass can be cleaned easily.

In the end, only you can know if it will bother you. I don't smoke anymore, so it tastes foul to me. :2c:

:peace:

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I have raised concerns about back pressure and water going to places it shouldn't, I imagine if it goes far enough it would kill your eq and possibly trip the power in the house.

I'm sure it's easy enough to combat, I don't hear of many people complaining of water damaged eq's. But I'm still unsure of it.

kellya86,

RenDabs

If you have problems with water splashing into the hose, you probably have too much water in your piece to start with. And as far as smoking with your piece and then vaping, yeah it's gonna taste awful. You could just hit the vape dry if you're smoking out of the bong.

RenDabs,

Skyscraper

Yes, the taste will foul up without cleaning. Even glass will leave a "smoked" taste for a time. Maybe not so much if you have accidentally combusted in a vape somewhere around the flash point (448?) but smoking a bowl with a lighter is much hotter and leaves more odor, in my opinion.

Skyscraper,

herbivore21

Accidental combustion at any temp will make a glass rig smell and taste vile if the smoke gets into the glass in any significant volume.

Still, cleaning the rig with 100% iso thoroughly after any combustion will solve this problem whether you accidentally combusted or deliberately ;)

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Hey everyone, so I'm wondering, is it a good idea to smoke and vape from the same bong? I'm picking up a bong to vape from, but I also recently broke my smoking one( or a friend did, rather). If I smoke and don't clean it before vaping, will this foul the taste or anything? Also how worried should I be about back pressure with the EQ and getting water in my whip? I've had a few folks voice their concerns about that.

I cleaned my combustion pieces thoroughly with a mixture of auto dish washing powder & oxygen bleaching laundry powder. The best thing you can do is put the mixed powder or PBW if you can get it easily & then fill your piece 1/2 full with boiling water to dissolve the cleaner. Then give it a really good shake fill it with more boiling water. Leave it somewhere safe for a couple days & then repeat if needed.

It really depends on how dirty your piece is but you would at a minimum want to rinse it well with Iso when switching between vaping & combusting.

Stevenski,

Tommy10

Done it, do it and don't highly reccomend it. I mean it can be cleans but if you're doing both often it's a nightmare. You will probably want to clean it after each combustion...and that gets tiersom. Probably better off getting a cheap bong for exclusively smoking.

Jethro

I have 2 pieces coming from DHgate and I think the D-020D will come with a nail and and a bowl, and the FC-UFO is supposed to come with a nail. Any smoking bowls I get I very well may purposely throw away because I will be tempted to combust with them. I may keep the nails because I never, ever, ever get concentrates and if I am lucky enough to have someone in my house with some, that will be worth it. I'm sure the Chinese glass nails don't last long anyway, so it will all resolve itself.

I will try and take the advice of those that say DON'T DO IT! Other than that these will be my first glass bongs or bongs period for about 20 years. I'd much rather have glass pieces in my cabinets that have been used for vaping only. Less stink!

Jethro,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I have 2 pieces coming from DHgate and I think the D-020D will come with a nail and and a bowl, and the FC-UFO is supposed to come with a nail. Any smoking bowls I get I very well may purposely throw away because I will be tempted to combust with them. I may keep the nails because I never, ever, ever get concentrates and if I am lucky enough to have someone in my house with some, that will be worth it. I'm sure the Chinese glass nails don't last long anyway, so it will all resolve itself.

I will try and take the advice of those that say DON'T DO IT! Other than that these will be my first glass bongs or bongs period for about 20 years. I'd much rather have glass pieces in my cabinets that have been used for vaping only. Less stink!
Check out the rosin thread in the concentrates subforum. If you have flower or kief or hash you can make solvent less hash oil very quickly :tup:

For the record I don't even really cape flower and oil out of the same pieces hahaha. I only have 4 though so it's easy to "dedicate" one or two to oil in between cleanings. Either of those are vastly preferable to vaping through a piece that was smoked out of, IMO.

Quetzalcoatl,

throwawaytre3s

Check out the rosin thread in the concentrates subforum. If you have flower or kief or hash you can make solvent less hash oil very quickly :tup:

For the record I don't even really cape flower and oil out of the same pieces hahaha. I only have 4 though so it's easy to "dedicate" one or two to oil in between cleanings. Either of those are vastly preferable to vaping through a piece that was smoked out of, IMO.

I'll just buy another piece to smoke out of then!

BeardedCrow

I got my mobius originally for flower, i vaped out of it and it had a bad taste.

Anyone smell the water out of their vapor rig? There's almost no smell!

BeardedCrow,
Top Bottom