Smokes better than it vapes?

hillbill

Has anyone come across some cannabis that seems to smoke with great results but is anemic when vaped? I have experienced this a couple times in 7 years. Anyone?

hillbill,

Fightingteam

Anytime I get some stuff that I deem subpar and my old guy tried it through my vape he'll always say the same (oh this bud smokes great! It just isn't good for vaporizers!) Seems to me it's always an indicator of low quality bud and if it actually does get people pretty high smoking it I would worry about anything else in the bud. Vaporizers have always seemed to be much better devices at showing the quality of a certain bud (Number of hits before wispy - no visible vapor at all) vs smoking. If you get 4 ok hits from your new stuff thats great in a blunt vs 10 stellar hits from your previous stuff then it's pretty obvious there's a significant quality difference.

vapirtoo

Every time I try to combust, the ashtray taste just chases me away! I would guess that all of that toxic combustible shit is making it SEEM better. All of these observations are so damn subjective; no scientific rigor at all.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Fresher material can take longer to vape the moisture out before the real vapor starts really kicking in. Vaporizer choice also matters, the Flowerpot can eat anything and everything and doesn't suffer humidity issues.

It's probably just not super resinous material.

vapirtoo

Wow! Was just about to chime back in with the moisture/humidity factor, but you said it all.
Obviously the Flowerpot, Supremes, and other really powerful vaporizers can just blow the moisture away and get down to business.

Baron23

Has anyone come across some cannabis that seems to smoke with great results but is anemic when vaped? I have experienced this a couple times in 7 years. Anyone?
Well, kind of. To me, there is NO DOUBT that some strains generate tons of vapor while others are more stingy and may be better smoked.

But, aside from an occasional J, I just don't like smoking so I avoid those strains when possible.

Baron23,
Reactions: hillbill

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Anytime I get some stuff that I deem subpar and my old guy tried it through my vape he'll always say the same (oh this bud smokes great! It just isn't good for vaporizers!) Seems to me it's always an indicator of low quality bud and if it actually does get people pretty high smoking it I would worry about anything else in the bud. Vaporizers have always seemed to be much better devices at showing the quality of a certain bud (Number of hits before wispy - no visible vapor at all) vs smoking. If you get 4 ok hits from your new stuff thats great in a blunt vs 10 stellar hits from your previous stuff then it's pretty obvious there's a significant quality difference.

I agree, I think quality of the bud is the biggest factor. Smoking the bud helps mask inferior bud with all the garbage in the smoke that helps get you "high". When you're vaping it, you don't have those nasties to fall back on.

This is assuming humidity of the bud isn't a factor, like @invertedisdead mentioned.

Top Bottom