small white chunks

chris 71

im looking through some buds and find some small white chunks, about the size of salt grains. they crumble very easy, turn to powder between my fingers. any one have any idea what the heck it could be? there isint a lot of it and the buds otherwise look feel and smell execellent. supposed to be sour diesel. i wouldnt even had noticed without very close inspection, only a few but i would really like to know what it is any ideas? something to with the growing? my first thought was perlite but they are really small only seen about 5 little chunks total.

chris 71,

Titamius

Developing Connoisseur & Vaporist
I wouldnt say this is your answer for sure, but when that happened to me I contacted my source and he said it was only the medium in which it was grown, perlite I'm guessing. I don't think it could be too unhealthy, but best pick them all out. I'm sure very small peices of it would get caught on the bud, as the big ones would be too heavy.

Titamius,

559stonerr

I wouldnt say this is your answer for sure, but when that happened to me I contacted my source and he said it was only the medium in which it was grown, perlite I'm guessing. I don't think it could be too unhealthy, but best pick them all out. I'm sure very small peices of it would get caught on the bud, as the big ones would be too heavy.

does sound like perlite...pick it out..

559stonerr,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I've heard lots of issues with KB on the east coast, specifically the north east coast having silicone in it. It is supposedly to increase weight without giving a taste or smell.

Whatever it is time to start looking for a new supply IMO unless this is something you can ask your supplier directly about and get a reasonable answer.

darkrom,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I don't know what KB is but it's such a shame that most of us still have to purchase herb on the black market and we have really no idea how it was grown; what additives and what pesticides were used, etc. The reality is that for the most part, as long as our vaping is done at home the risk with law enforcement is extremely minor. The bigger risk I think is the unknowns of what we are getting, regardless of how good it seems to be.

jeffp,

weedemon

enthusiast
from what you describe i think perlite is the right thing, but you actually see it and don't think so? maybe they are goring in some soil-less medium and this white stuff is it?

weedemon,

chris 71

my first thought was perlite but im not familiar with growing. just thought i would ask here in case maybe someone more familiar with the growing aspects might know. i figure most of the things that would be used to grow it, would be the same sort of things that are used for growing vegetables. dont know if there are things that are used for any pests or grow stimulants or what not that may, or may not be anything to worry about of coarse i did pick them out, but with the way they crumbled there could be residue powder crap from other little pieces amongst the other buds that would not be seen because they are dust. i have latly became more worried about what im putting in my lungs . we really need to legalize the stuff to make it more reliable for safty

chris 71,

djonkoman

I really can't imagine how perlite would get caught in the buds unless it's a really messy/sloppy grower...
perlite is mixed trough the soil, not used as soilles medium. is meant increase the airiness of the soil. perlite is also mostly bigger particles(otherwise it diesn't really work to hold air), but there could be some small bits maybe. but for them to end p in the buds, that grower would've be s messy to leave perlite laying around everywhere, and so sloppy that he lays his buds on it during trimming or after drying or so.

or maybe work in his growspace, pull a bag of perlite open a bit too violently when mixing soil for the next round and have bits flying around.
I never used perlite myself, but considering how it's used I find ot unlikely to end up in your bus by accident. and in that case it would also be likely to not only have perlite stuck in them but also bits of soil/dirt

weedemon

enthusiast
it will crumble as you described. i think you have solved your own mystery! :)

or maybe work in his growspace, pull a bag of perlite open a bit too violently when mixing soil for the next round and have bits flying around.

this is kind of what i'm thinking.

weedemon,
Top Bottom