• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Gear Slug .33 Rosin Forge

okydokes

That’s Just not true. Look through the thread you will notice that very, very....very and one more very few of those who have bought one have enjoyed success. This is further evidenced by the fact nobody but you post successful results. Here or anywhere else. Nobody on r/rosin speaks well of your products. Your usual refrain is to blame customer error.
I liked the look of your product but it just doesn’t work. As you know I’ve had mine well over a year, probably two. I wasted a lot of time and product trying to get it to perform. In contrast I was very quickly able to get better results from hair straighteners

It is a poor craftsman, a poor salesman who blames his customers.

Your products are not fit for purpose.
There is very little debate about that because it’s well known your products are more expensive,less efficient, less practical, produce lower quality rosin than hair straighteners.

If you get good results with slugg. Why not post them. Is this an efficient device? Are results consistent? Repeatable? Post them here. Others have asked before. Just a few short videos. @FlyingLow considering your response I guess you will contribute a few successful attempts. Anybody else.
I’ll wait! I suggest anybody considering buying one waits too.

@Nattybushdoctor please don’t post any of yours. We want to see real world users, customers who can demonstrate your device is fit for purpose -sorry double post

okydokes,

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
EVERYTHING has a learning curve...and some people just don’t want to climb...

I consider the Slug to be a first-rate item (my experiences are already on here). What it has done is expose the shortcomings of the weed available to me...yes, I’m SURE my technique can improve - but so far, the quality (and quantity) of available material HAS NOT improved. Until those things change, I will not be practicing and refining the process further, I will be vaping dry herb (when I have some). Same is true of those I know personally with Slugs.

if you’re happy with your hair-straightener, that’s great. If you’re getting sticky, trichome-encrusted Bud, that’s great.

Coming in to trash Slugs, trash the designer/maker, and turn people off by your “superior” knowledge, that’s NOT great.
Enjoy your hair straighteners.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
I believe hair straighteners will give better quality but lower yield, because you can press at lower temps and get results. A rig that requires the extract to run like a liquid will always yield lower quality but heavier product. In my experience once extract has been heated to that point a lot of the particular flavour of the strain is gone and you're left with the generic hash-tasting product.

okydokes

As usual on this site the usual suspects turn up to trash those who give honest, considered justified criticism. Always ready to defend and talk up manufacturers.

No actual demonstrations of success as requested though. Why not?
still waiting for anybody who purchased this device to demonstrate its efficacy. That is something others have asked in the past here, but nobody has, ever.

@ClearBlueLou ,@FlyingLow you talk up the device and criticise me for simply stating my considerable experience with it. Post your videos since your so keen to show the manufacturer support. Let’s say two successful presses. I expect you will not.
Don’t buy this device it is no good. Go check r/rosin and or other sites. It is recommended by nobody.

okydokes,

mc

I believe hair straighteners will give better quality but lower yield, because you can press at lower temps and get results. A rig that requires the extract to run like a liquid will always yield lower quality but heavier product. In my experience once extract has been heated to that point a lot of the particular flavour of the strain is gone and you're left with the generic hash-tasting product.

I think Haze hit the nail on the head. This device is perfect for a specific set of people. i don't think they care about getting cake batter quality, they want good yields. This can obviously produce oil, it's just not the highest quality. I remember posting negatively about this before without thinking about the needs or, lesser needs of other people. So as long as people are happy with it, it's serving it's purpose. However I do believe it should have some sort of heater options besides open flame. Not a huge fan of that still.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
As usual on this site the usual suspects turn up to trash those who give honest, considered justified criticism. Always ready to defend and talk up manufacturers.

so...I’m a “usual suspect”? Based on what? My opinion, born from experience, is dishonest? I’ve never criticized *anything*?

No actual demonstrations of success as requested though. Why not?

I’ve already posted what I can, in this thread...you don’t want to pay attention, that’s on YOU.

@ClearBlueLou ,@FlyingLow you talk up the device and criticise me for simply stating my considerable experience with it. Post your videos since your so keen to show the manufacturer support. Let’s say two successful presses. I expect you will not.

What videos have YOU posted to support your “considerable” experience? Any at all?
I don’t criticize your opinion, I criticize your behaviour.

As I said, I have posted what I can - all you’ve posted are slams - not just of a product you’re not happy with, but you slam board members because they think your posts don’t amount to much...or simply don’t agree.

Don’t buy this device it is no good. Go check r/rosin and or other sites. It is recommended by nobody.
At least I don’t send people to reddit. Done with you. Learn some manners.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
A lot of negative posts from one person. I hope this thread can move on.

Last edited:
BabyFacedFinster,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
@okydokes you have made your opinion of this product very clear to everyone. We know where you stand, so you can stop bashing the product ad nauseaum, creating a negative vibe. I hate negative vibes so I'm giving you a 3-day thread ban. If you decide to continue breaking our rules when you return to this thread, I'll make the ban permanent and you'll get yet another warning point. Please be reminded of our forum rules, especially:

• All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. All members should respect and adhere to the promotion of harmony within the community. Do not attempt to disrupt the community in any way.
  • No flaming. Do not post any content that harasses, insults, belittles, threatens or flames another member. Please be nice to newbies.
  • Liking flame posts by clicking the corresponding “Like” button is strongly discouraged and may result in a warning point depending on the situation.
  • Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.
    • Please do not revisit an issue unless you have helpful information or constructive comments to add.
    • Use of the forum to blackmail companies will not be tolerated.
    • Posts in this regard will be evaluated based on perceived intent.
  • No trolling. Please do not post any content that disrupts the peace and harmony of this board. Don’t post for or the purpose of starting a dispute.
Thank you.

:peace:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I see you've called on me a few times over the last few days, pardon my delayed response.
My lack of response was not to incite you. I was simply enjoying the holiday weekend and was not on the forums.

I would be delighted to post videos, but as stated elsewhere, I no longer own my Slug.

The Slug.33 got me INTO rosin and I am forever grateful. I moved on to larger and more expensive and gave mine away to allow others to see if rosining is for them. Slug is always one of my top recommendations for someone wanting to try concentrates and is on a strict budget. I know of no better option in this price range, that statement is inclusive of every hair straighter I've ever used...

I know you are trying to pick a fight, but I will offer some advice. If you are serious about this game, and you sound like you are, why not get yourself a big rig and move on? Big plates, 10+ tons , a gauge... that seems like it may be more satisfying to you, if it is in your budget.

Nattybushdoctor

Manufacturer
To those who defended the Slug.33 I would like to say thank you and I appreciate it. I'll take a moment and indulge myself here, after all I just did yummy dab of this years fresh rosin made with my Slug.33 Fat Mac!
I see no need to respond to @okydokes we all know what the Slug.33 is, and we know what it isn't. The last time I counted there are Slug.33 customers in 50+ countries around the world and I will go out on a limb and say, thats more countries than any other rosin press by any manufacturer. The Slug.33 earned over 1 million views on youtube in the first year of its debut in 2017 giving people around the globe another option to access flower rosin. We have customers in Russia, India, Iceland, Kazakstan, Finland, Israel, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, South Africa, Philippines and the list goes on and and on. We also have distributors in Germany, Mexico, and New Zealand at this time. The Slug.33 Rosin forge has a strong cult following and its is here to stay. I want to thank the FC community for this wonderful platform and its non bias moderating. We are looking forward to another great year in 2021.
Slugitout,
Natty

Monkey

Hi everyone,

I have been using my Slug.33 for a short time now with some fairly disappointing results. I am trying to dial in with as little trial and error (and flower loss) as possible. Is anyone able to provide me with measurable and repeatable data on their successes?

I'd like to know what moisture content your flowers are at when you use them? I store mine in an hermetically sealed container at 62% humidity via an Integra Boost humidipak, is this right or should I be looking at more or less?
EDIT: Also what sort of flower do you use? Is it fresh off the plant? Has it been cured, if so for how long? I have access to a grower and can get flower at any stage of the cycle so I want to know what has worked best in others experience.

What temperature do you heat the forge to when getting a good press? Butane torch flames may differ in temperature and energy output and because of that I am trying to work out what temperature the forge needs to get to for a measurable and repeatable process.

I have reached out to Natty via email, but I'd be interested in what data I can get from those that have had success with the Slug.

Cheers,
Monkey

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hi everyone,

I have been using my Slug.33 for a short time now with some fairly disappointing results. I am trying to dial in with as little trial and error (and flower loss) as possible. Is anyone able to provide me with measurable and repeatable data on their successes?

I'd like to know what moisture content your flowers are at when you use them? I store mine in an hermetically sealed container at 62% humidity via an Integra Boost humidipak, is this right or should I be looking at more or less?
EDIT: Also what sort of flower do you use? Is it fresh off the plant? Has it been cured, if so for how long? I have access to a grower and can get flower at any stage of the cycle so I want to know what has worked best in others experience.

What temperature do you heat the forge to when getting a good press? Butane torch flames may differ in temperature and energy output and because of that I am trying to work out what temperature the forge needs to get to for a measurable and repeatable process.

I have reached out to Natty via email, but I'd be interested in what data I can get from those that have had success with the Slug.

Cheers,
Monkey
I have created a rig with a handle for the slug33 and there is also t-couple pressed against the front inner ring when heating. It take some trial and error since the temp measured is not inside,but it is stable enough for repeatable results ;). I am not timing any more but rather let the temp read guide me. I also use a SS foil plate instead of paper,so i am getting silicone free rosin.

Monkey

I have created a rig with a handle for the slug33 and there is also t-couple pressed against the front inner ring when heating. It take some trial and error since the temp measured is not inside,but it is stable enough for repeatable results ;). I am not timing any more but rather let the temp read guide me. I also use a SS foil plate instead of paper,so i am getting silicone free rosin.
That sounds very useful. What temp are you looking for? 200F? Is there any chance you can post a pic of the rig? I have a bunch of thermocouples lying around the house that I could use and a mate who has a fairly substantial metal working home workshop. I would like to replicate it if possible.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Please post pics if you can!

Hoey420

Hi all, back in March 7th i ordered slug 33 . I got an email,

Thank you for shopping with us. We have received your order. We'll send a confirmation after your items ship.

......and I heard nothing from nutty since. I did email him after 2 weeks but still nothing.

I am Australia btw.

Could someone let their experience with ordering from slug 33 website, please.

Hoey

Hoey420,
Top Bottom