NFC Skateboard, Longboard, Carver, etc. what do you ride?

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
I bet some newfuckcombustioners skate, longboard etc.

I wonder what boards you ride for what occasions.

I grew up on slalom boards and cannot do any tricks. But I admire all the "kick-flip" things I do not even know the names of.
So I looked for a somewhat similar board that had back in the day, stumbled on the (for me new) longboards. Bought a flexy loaded icarus at a half prize sale, because this sounded exactly like what I was looking for.

I have to say I am bad at walking and carving around with this thing gives me a new freedom of action I love.(As long as I don't fall or have to run, everything is fine) Plus that strong carving feels like snowboarding in powder. I admit I am out of breath after a couple of meters. But I hope I can do this a couple times more. It feels so good.

So any skaters around and what do you ride? Do you have ramps in your backyards?

el sargantano

Hi fella!
Kind of surprising to be this my first post in the new iteration of the forum! (new identity)
I skate too dude, just only before vaping to save my health.
I'm about to restart my miniramps afternoon sessions in the garage I bear with a dozen friends, covid-issues theoretically covered wide opening the metal-store blind for neighbours acoustic enjoyment and rad entertaintment.
Figure skating apart, this year doesn't seem too cozy for downhill, my true passion. It's not reallistic yet to think on lifting riders up to the top of a hill into a crowded bus or a truck box. Swept and overexcited skaters in leathersuits will have to wait, due to local and global champs had been halted.
In order to minimize the need for speed, it seems a perfect excuse to rebuild the neverappreciated slalom scene. The real carving you talked, but with no flex. It means more speed 'cuz no energy is lost due bouncing decks (used to 'dancing' disciplines). This next months are perfect cone time at little spots with self-foot lifts.
This virus shit will not last forever.
From the southern sunny Europe roads I cheer you!

Last edited:
Top Bottom