size portability question?

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
I am thinking about moving from my VG bat to another vaporizer, and currently looking at a few models. Between the Vapir N02, vs the Vapir Mini 2.0 which is the small more portable model? I take it the NO2 will have the better battery life? Now between these two Vapir vs the iolite, which is smaller(price is not an issue as they all are going for around the same price on amazon interestingly enough, neither is the butane vs battery)?

Is there any other models along these lines(and price) I should look at?

lesvape,

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
the general consensus, besides a few customers, who, in my opinion, got lucky that they got one very rare unit that happened not to break, is that vapir products are not made well, safely, and will not last. I haven't ever owned one, but this is basically the conclusion that I have come to, please correct me if i am right. The iolite has a fair amount of fans, but can be finicky with the start up process, and it requires butane. If your looking for a good portable I would recommend the MFLB (magic flight launch box) you can read an incomprehensible amount of information about it on here, but to start you off, it is the smallest vaporizer to exist I believe, it has a life time warranty, that covers accidental damage, and is very very efficient, all natural, and made with safe materials. Very few people have negative things to say about it. Thats just my :2c: though! Good luck with your choice!

PhishCactus,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Thank you for the reply. I know about the MFLB, but the battery life is which irks me a bit; oddly enough unless, you can attach a pocketable battery pack to it. But, at the same time if the battery life was better, I would take a good look at it. Anyone know if they make a car plug/adapter for it?

I do remember hearing that the iolite can be a bit finicky that why I started to look at iolite's products. But, that where I read that the newer vapir NO2 suppose to be a better built, but that could mean its still not that reliable?

lesvape,

Tuck

The mflb has a plug in adapter and iirc people have hooked it up to a car adapter. I don't own an mflb yet but the people in the mflb thread rave about the mflbpa.

Tuck,

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
The Lotus or vape or smoke are portables I think you should look into.

pinoy,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
I've looked at the vape or smoke and it looks alright, but I hear vaping with it can be a bit finicky. As for the Lotus vapor, its a bit like my VaporGene and want to move away from that style. But, thank you for the suggestions.

lesvape,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
If you really want to go on the Vapir Road: go NO2 on the size and portability! The mini 2.0 is BIG, not portable, and has leakage issues!
Yes I was one of the lucky NO2 customers, yes several of my friends were lucky too, and yes the NO2 has been having several quality issues stated numerous times here! So, if you go NO2, and you can check the unit before, at your local HS: do it! ;) If you are one of the lucky customers :D the NO2 is a pleasant portable easy to use, "plug & play", newbie friendly, big clouds vapo. To me it has its pros & its cons as all our beloved models.
In terms of battery: NO2 correctly charged= 6 or 7 x 20 mn autoprogrammed seshs
vs.
MFLB : stock batteries correctly charged= 2 big trenchs/batt. But this can be really extended with more batts, with 2700's batts etc + the vapor delivery is on demand with the MF so you just toke on it when needed vs. the NO2, where your meds will cook 20 mn and therefore you'll have to hit the toy during those 20 mn (this will virtually extend the "battery life" of the MF as you'll only "consume energy when needed")... to the point that you can leave for a camping WE in the woods with your MF...which seems more difficult with the NO2.

FLskwat,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
So, to be clear with the NO2 you only have a 20min window of using it before your material fully cooks and there is nothing left to vape? How long then does the MFLB and the NO2 take before they fully heat up when you are using them from a cold start? Do you know what some of the battery pack options for the MFLB are? Thanks.

I kind of like the lotus and vapman, but I have spent a bit to much already on lighters(even good ones) just to use with my VG bat, and that kind of turns me off.

lesvape,

Nycdeisel

With a Lotus you would need a good, refillable torch, not a cigarette lighter.

The MFLB heats up instantly(which can be a problem if you have no idea what you are doing, but it shouldnt come to that because of the vast amount of information on this site). You can get different kinds of rechargable batteries, as long as they meet the right specs, theres lots of discussion about aftermarket batteries and chargers around here.
The LB is on the more efficient side as well, plus its the most portable, how much are you planning to use outside? even without the PA its a fantastic unit, the best non lighter based portable, IMO.

Besides, it has THE best warranty around. what have you got to lose? it is also cheaper then most other portables.

Nycdeisel,

bender175

Yeah I'd go with mflb it has a lifetime warranty and you can use it in the palm of your hand. The batteries last like one and a half trenches. I use 2450mah. I have four charged with me at all times. Also if you ever really need to vape and cant wait for them to charge and are on the go, you can buy the precharged rechargable 2000mah batteries that you can recharge and use them right after you peel the labels. The 2000 probably only work with one trench in my experience. I managed to breakmy mflb and emailed them for the warranty and they said I would be getting a delievery conformation in the next 24 hours. Two days later I was annoyed that i did not get an email and i checked my mailbox and the mflb had already arrived. They have really fast shipping and customer service in my experience.

bender175,

max

Out to lunch
lesvape said:
I know about the MFLB, but the battery life is which irks me a bit; oddly enough unless, you can attach a pocketable battery pack to it.
5 min of heating time on a battery is good for around 40 hits, at 7.5 sec. per hit. Add a spare bat and double that. Isn't that enough? There's not another portable on the market you can run with a single AA bat, and even the N02 (the only Vapir with a longer than 90 day warranty) is a lot less stealthy and only covered for a year, vs. lifetime for the LB. The N02 is not exactly a pocket vape, and the Vapir Mini, though smaller, uses a 10 pack of AA rechargeables as a power source. The iolite is very easy to use, but is fixed temp and has reliability issues. I use the LB and the iolite for portable use (no interest in a Vapir product), but find myself picking up the LB most of the time.

max,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
I think you guys have me sold on the MFLB once I can get some extra cash. And I didn't think about it that way 40 hits at 7.5 seconds. Now, is there a link or something to the battery pack or the like for the MFLB?

Just out of curiosity how does the NO2 size wise compare to the iolite? And I notice some are saying the NO2 is larger vs the Mini and other saying it smaller, which is it?

lesvape,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
jw is there anything portable that does plants and oil, like can I do oils with the MFLB or NO2??

lesvape,

Nycdeisel

I wouldnt say so, the only vape that is really designed around vaporizing oils and concentrates is the Essential Vaaappe, and that one is pretty portable, all you need is a torch.

Nycdeisel,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
I know about the Vaaap as I looked at that before I got my VG bat, and would have gotten it if it did plants also, but its not the best for that.

lesvape,

weedemon

enthusiast
+1 on hte mflb.

i have the powerex 2700 batts and i find i can actually get 3 trenches off one batt and i have still only ever used 2000 mah of the total 2520 that is available in the battery. (usually i will do a trench and then go to a fresh bat cause the first hit on a fresh bat is always the best one. and i find i use between 200-600 mah per trench.

that x 4 = one stoned silly user :p

for a portable i couldn't really ask for anything more!

weedemon,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
lesvape said:
I know about the Vaaap as I looked at that before I got my VG bat, and would have gotten it if it did plants also, but its not the best for that.

In fact as stated in my review the vaaap works with small ungrinded nugs but you won't get everything, not even close, and if you grind it, everything will bild up on the top screen of the vial, clogging the airpath...so I did a little mod. ...:

in the "big" vial, grind your MJ, put it in the vial without packing, insert a mesh screen a little wider then the vial diameter. I use those (NO2 screens) cause I have plenty and they are very thin holes, nice quality and with "form memory":
http://www.vaporizerco.com/Images/mtnyu3z154q4op55b0vrfx3w_thumb_1279238923screens_no2.jpg
So you lock that screen in the middle of your vial (don't pack the screen on the MJ, leave space):
AND VOILA: Essential Vaaap ultimate lighter vapo for concentrates & herbs!! (plus you'll even have a small cyclone effect=auto-stirring ;)

I'll post that on the Vaaap thread!

FLskwat,

max

Out to lunch
lesvape said:
Just out of curiosity how does the NO2 size wise compare to the iolite? And I notice some are saying the NO2 is larger vs the Mini and other saying it smaller, which is it?
You can find videos of all these models on youtube that will show their size.

max,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
cool thanks. I was looking at the supreme vape, do you think that may fit my needs, base on what I ask?

Thank you for the replies.

lesvape,

Goodlife101

Living The Good Life
supreme FTW i love this bad boy and it will pump out the vapor go read the supreme thread and watch the youtube vids i promise this vape wont disappoint.. great but for 190 off ebay i couldnt be happier

Goodlife101,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Dang that is a bit more than I want to spend, specially since it butane based. But, I will still take a look at it.

lesvape,
Top Bottom