Silver Surfer - What attatchments to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kernan

So I'm loving my Silver Surfer but I want a hands free add on for when I have people over... Should I get the ground glass hands free whip or the "Ride the Wave" attatchment? Also does the aroma top double as a hands-free add on for the original whip (I know it's not compatible with the ground glass whip)?

"Ride the Wave" add on - http://www.silversurfervap.com/assets/plugins/imgresizer/img.php?f=parts/hfa.jpg&w=815&h=533
SSV QC Ground Glass Wand - http://www.silversurfervap.com/silverwands.htm
Aroma Top - http://www.silversurfervap.com/silversurferaccessories.htm

kernan,

Beezleb

I have a DBV and absolutely love the hands free but I use it when I am doing things like writing this, so it fits my style.

If you like the standard wand/heater cover and only have people once in a while I would try going with the attachment but its easier to operate with a hands free heater cover and wand. You would have to remove the attachment just to stir each time. I would weigh that in part in deciding if its important to you. The attachment is the less expensive route.

I have seen "zero" reported issues with the hands free heater cover and wand wearing down. With that said, I have seen it speculated that the ground glass would slowly wear down on the SSV due to the heater angle and I tend to to prescribe to this thinking if you maintain the same wand and heater cover but its not uncommon to see where someone says they dropped a wand so I "surmise" that unless you maintain the same wand/heater cover over a long period of time I do not think this is an issue to be overly concerned about, at worst I suggest looking at potentially replacing a well worn out heater cover or wand as maintenance, after substantial use of 1-2 years and I base that on seeing no complaints about it the ground glass offering for the SSV not being much more than if that long if I understand correctly.

I recommend putting a mouse pad in front of the vape so if the wand does get pulled out it will have a good chance of landing harmlessly on the mouse pad instead of maybe breaking. I always do this with people and it has saved me numerous times.

I dont believe the aroma does anything for vaping.

Beezleb,

max

Out to lunch
I'd get the attachment unless you want to use hands free all the time. Going back and forth from standard to hands free with the GG means switching out the heater cover every time. I like the standard setup myself, but mine is positioned in a convenient location. I haven't used the GG setup on an SSV, but have used the DBV, and any hands free setup where the angle is horizontal (DBV) or worse-angled down like the SSV, is more likely to lose connection and have the whip slip out. So if you go that route make sure you have something padded or soft under the the vape so your wand doesn't break.

If you haven't bought any extras yet like tubing, screens, a spare wand, etc., you may want to pick some supplies you'll eventually need and get the attachment too. If you don't like it, contact 7th Floor about exchanging it for the GG setup. Since there should be no signs of use on the attachment if you're careful with it, they may take it back, since the GG would be an upgrade for them, sales wise.

max,

smoking Joe

I use the ground glass heater cover and wand. It's pretty much hands free and works fine. I did get an ice chamber and worth the dollars. ;)

smoking Joe,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom