Should I cancel my order of the Volcano Hybrid?

smeg_it

I'm brand new to everything. I have a mighty and I have gotten (over excited) about vaping and of course I've watched a lot of youtube videos.

I ordered the volcano hybrid from Vapor.com because:

1. it's supposed to be good
2. I got a great deal at 25% off

They sent me an email asking for ID and CC. I did respond and it was 'un-flagged' and authorized but now out of stock.

I'm thinking of canceling because:

1. I got the Dynavap mega deal and it's already arrived (ordered after the hybrid)
2. The Cost
3. Will I even use it, as I'm not going to be throwing parties? It seems like it's a bit of a hassle comparative to others.

Do most people even use a Volcano when not in a group?
I think if I really want the experience, or a similar one, I could get the plenty in the future, if I wanted.

I'd love to know your thoughts.

Thanks

smeg_it

They are a classic. But how often you gonna use it? And can you afford it or is the money better suited elsewhere?

Thanks for the response.

The question "how often", was my question to you guys :). (I'm still new to everything)
Better suited elsewhere. Well I'm pretty sure as I don't 'need' anything, but that's not going to completely stop me from purchasing the unnecessary though ;) e.g. I'm not going to stop buying great coffee!

cvs8floz

My Volcano Digital was retired over a year ago, I ended up finding better choices and have no intention of going back to it. The annoying noise of the balloons filling up, the plasticy taste, the fact that you only get about 3 good rips per balloon and the time it takes to reload and start filling a new one convinced me to switch. I vape at home by myself 99% of the time, the Volano is awkward to share even with just 1 other person.

cvs8floz,
Reactions: smeg_it

smeg_it

My Volcano Digital was retired over a year ago, I ended up finding better choices and have no intention of going back to it. The annoying noise of the balloons filling up, the plasticy taste, the fact that you only get about 3 good rips per balloon and the time it takes to reload and start filling a new one convinced me to switch. I vape at home by myself 99% of the time, the Volano is awkward to share even with just 1 other person.

The plastic taste is news to me. This one does have the whip but honestly, if I need that I'm thinking the smaller, simpler? Ditanium or the Plenty, if and when I decide to

P.S. I've never used a whip but I would think it would be easier than the balloon but I don't really know.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I'm not going to stop buying great coffee!
I only have 1 type of 'coffee' so I collect many 'cups' to partake in the said beverage...same goes for glass/bongs.
The Plenty is pretty good at getting well medicated but it takes a lot to fill it to make it shine...fuck the reducer and dosing caps, other vapes are better at smaller loads, that is why variety is great for me.
A hybrid would be great with a hydratube straight on top like a Vapexhale as I am not a fan of silicon whips and have never tried a bag but they sound gross.

CastIronHits

Slightly Crispy
I'm brand new to everything. I have a mighty and I have gotten (over excited) about vaping and of course I've watched a lot of youtube videos.

I ordered the volcano hybrid from Vapor.com because:

1. it's supposed to be good
2. I got a great deal at 25% off

They sent me an email asking for ID and CC. I did respond and it was 'un-flagged' and authorized but now out of stock.

I'm thinking of canceling because:

1. I got the Dynavap mega deal and it's already arrived (ordered after the hybrid)
2. The Cost
3. Will I even use it, as I'm not going to be throwing parties? It seems like it's a bit of a hassle comparative to others.

Do most people even use a Volcano when not in a group?
I think if I really want the experience, or a similar one, I could get the plenty in the future, if I wanted.

I'd love to know your thoughts.

Thanks

I enjoyed the Classic for a decade but replaced it with a NewVape Weedeater and have never looked back. Easier to use in every way and better material choices. Personal or party use, it's always ready to go and can tackle any bowl size.

They are a classic. But how often you gonna use it? And can you afford it or is the money better suited elsewhere?

The Classic is a classic... the Hybrid, not so much. Too many issues, too much expense. I returned mine due to health concerns and connection issues.

smeg_it

I'd return it and pick up a induction heater for your Dynavap. Then when your ready for a desktop look into the New Vape Flowerpot line of vapes :nod:
Ps I have a Ditanium

Well, I already have it :D via the 4th of July sale mega bundle.

Well, at this point I'm thinking I'll cancel. I'll recheck this thread throughout the day, but If it's a hassle (which it sounds like), I don't know that I would use it much. Plus, I have this massive dynavap bundle that I'm still trying to figure out what to do with. It seems people that use the Dynavap use it in different ways and I have 6 dynavaps (from the bundle) if you count the extra cap/tip and coil kit without the stem.

I could use a portion of that money for stems, or dynavap water adapters or something.

P.S. I probably didn't need the bundle but it might pay for its self with parts and it was the only way to get the induction heater at the time (it was out of stock everywhere including dynavap, except for this bundle)

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Get to know your Dynavap it will teach you what you need out of a vape. Had a crafty for a first vape but didn't really get serious into vaping until I got my Dynavap it hit so much harder faster and stronger than the crafty. On demand vapes are so much more versatile than session, try taking 1-2 hits off the Dynavap every 20 minutes or longer to just milk the shit out of the high. Depending on what kind of effects your looking for you might find you need more than one Dynavap at a sitting so you'll learn what kind if load size you really need from a vape that has excellent efficiency. I still use mine everyday

smeg_it

Update: I canceled the order. It did seem pretty unanimous and I felt that way as well.

The customer service was pretty good even though their inventory tracking needs a lot of work. He agreed to have a coupon code like the one I used for a year. I asked them to delete the pics I sent of my ID and CC as there was no need for them to keep them. He agreed to make that request and get back with me and let me know.

On the dynavap currently testing with old cbd flowers. I'll need to work on it and get better material (I think this is a bit dry). The very first bowl I combusted with the torch 😊. I've only used the Omni xl. I switched to the induction and did fairly well (no big clouds but not too bad)

Thank You all for your advice!

Summer

Long Island, NY
I think you did the right thing. The mighty is a conduction session vape that you can share with friends & the dynavap is considered to be a conduction vape. Neither are stealth, imo, but both can be used outside so you have that base covered for now. Your next vape, whether portable or desktop, s/b a convection vape so that you experience both types of vapor & discover which one you are partial to. Go slow & do a lot of research: thread reading, YouTube, instagram.

For an easy to use portable convection vape, look into the TinyMight. For a desktop, the New Vape Vrod, Weedeater or Showerhead OR a log vape: Eds tnt Woodscents, the Underdog, the Heat Island & the Enano. If you're handy, there's also a DIY open source log thread.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
no big clouds but not too bad)
Make sure to fill it loose but full, to see if you got it right just hit it while it's cold, air port closed, you should hear a hissing of air coming from the cap. I'm assuming you have the apollo 2 or Dyna tech or whatever they are calling it, I have a first generation apollo and with my titanium tip I can go 5 seconds passed the click before combusting for a big hit, not sure how much better the 2 is but it will take some experimenting to find the line. A trick for bigger hits with more air flow is to remove the stock screen or ccd and replace it with cheap convenience store pipe screens cut to size, picked up that tip from the good old fc Dynavap thread recently. Good luck with your experimenting

smeg_it

Make sure to fill it loose but full, to see if you got it right just hit it while it's cold, air port closed, you should hear a hissing of air coming from the cap. I'm assuming you have the apollo 2 or Dyna tech or whatever they are calling it, I have a first generation apollo and with my titanium tip I can go 5 seconds passed the click before combusting for a big hit, not sure how much better the 2 is but it will take some experimenting to find the line. A trick for bigger hits with more air flow is to remove the stock screen or ccd and replace it with cheap convenience store pipe screens cut to size, picked up that tip from the good old fc Dynavap thread recently. Good luck with your experimenting

Thanks, I'll have to mess with the port. Because I've been using the omni I haven't actually messed with it. I can try adjusting it. Yes the apollo2 is what I have.

Thanks again for all the advice. I'll be coming back for more and report as well ;)

Top Bottom