• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Shootout - Herborizer, Evolutions, Vaporfection, SSV, VRIP, Exteme

Status
Not open for further replies.

max

Out to lunch
These are definitely subjective opinions of mine, I'm not denying that. What I meant by clean vapor is vapor that is low in tar and carcinogens, but also vapor that hasn't had it's flavor tainted. I believe whips and bags taint the taste of the vapor which is why I think the Herborizer and VRIP would produce the tastiest, "clean" vapor. That's why I say that my friends enjoy the bag and the whip, they don't think the flavor of the vapor is affected much at all. I have a more sensitive palette so I think I can detect subtle differences in flavor more easily.
The amount of tar and other toxins in vapor is determined by the temp used, not the type of vaporizer. Although questionable parts and construction can certainly play a part in the quality of vapor, we're not talking about the made in China cheapie boxes here. As for taste, that's a different story completely vs. 'clean' or 'unclean' vapor. Clean refers to safety and taste is about flavor. Since taste complaints concerning bags and whip tubing are very rare, I'd say it would be a good idea to emphasize your sensitive palette and spell out 'flavor', which was missing from your post.

You always have to be aware that less informed people may be reading your posts and using the info to make a decision on which vape to buy. Inferring that whip vapes can't produce clean vapor plays up the myth that tubing gets too hot and produces toxins, for instance.

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Max, no problem at all. Like I said earlier, this is just my opinion. I never said that the SSV couldn't produce clean vapor at all, I just said not as "flavorful" as the Herbo or the VRIP (and if I did, I apologize for the confusion). I know a lot of people come on here and tout one vaporizer over the other and haven't even tried some of the other ones. I'm not trying to brag but I've had first hand experience with a bunch of them, for extended periods of time, so that I can make a more objective review, but my reviews still are subjective.

I've said this all along, the best vaporizer is the one that you will use. A lot of my friends don't use the VRIP because of it's cumbersomeness, so for them, it's not the best vape. For someone that wants maximum quality and flavor, like me, that is the obvious choice. While my palette may be more sensitive, I have other friends that have similar opinions to me that the whip tubing, and bags, do affect flavor.

If I had to make a decision based on convenience, quality of vapor, and taste then the SSV would be my choice. I'm not sure how it does it, but for the same amount of herb (.25 grams) it seemed to produce the biggest hits, while browning the material as little as possible. I'm not a physicist, so I do not know what factors into this, but based on a that amount, and relatively similar draws, the SSV seemed to produce the most vapor hit for hit. I tried to keep the temperatures as close as possible but there is definitely room for margin of error here but for example, with the Extreme, I got 15 good hits on setting 215 and the herb was pretty brown. With the SSV I got 15 bigger hits and the herb wasn't as brown as the Extreme. This is what has been selling me on the SSV, seems to be more efficient at extracting vapor but I cannot explain why.

stonemonkey55,

max

Out to lunch
I've tasted (smell and taste are overlapping senses too) new tubing, but after it gets broken in I only taste the product. Never really experienced a 'bag taste' and I used to be a daily bag user. If you can tell a difference and it's significant for you, that would certainly be a factor in your choice, but it's not a factor for the majority of people that post their impressions on the forums. That could be because most vaporists started as smokers, and smoke (of any kind) doesn't seem like it would be kind to your taste buds.

I think the big difference between the Extreme (whip mode) and the SSV is the way the hot air hits the herb. It's going to be a wider focus with the Extreme with the hits less rich. So when you say 'big' I think you're referring to 'vapor rich'. Right?

I think both units are capable of delivering the same amount of vapor overall, you just have to allow for the difference in design. The Surfer requires you to change the angle of the whip to cover the entire bowl, and/or stirring, while the Extreme is more self stirring (except maybe for a heavily loaded bowl), although repeated hits are needed to make sure all the herb gets vaped. I think one of the best features of the Extreme is that you can see how your hits affect the bowl contents.

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Max, good point. I have the SSV with the GG attachment so the air flow should be similar to the Extreme, esp since the SSV wand fits into the Extreme cyclone bowl. I thought it would produce similar vapor rich hits because of this, but still the SSV beats the Extreme. I do like the Extreme allowing you to see what happens to the vaped material tho, that is really a great feature. Wish I could do some more scientific testing to figure out why vapor comes out differently from each machine, esp with the air openings being relatively the same size, any theories out there?

stonemonkey55,

tokinGLX

everybodys opinion is subjective, thats what makes it their opinion.

issues arise when people take opinions to be fact.

tokinGLX,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
What we really need are some double blind trials or something. Any volunteers? :D

vtac,

tokinGLX

if anybody wants to donate their vape to me for a few days id be MORE than happy to do a very meticulous, on camera comparison
(':

tokinGLX,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I would love to see a video of the VRIP in action. It's so different that it's a little confusing. Their website didn't do much for my understanding, either.

stickstones,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Sf bay area. Did some more informal testing. The ssv is really showin why so many people think this is the best model that uses whips. Fatter rips, less browning of the herb, leads me to believe the design is more efficient than other whip units like the Vaporfection

stonemonkey55,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom