• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Selling above retail value

Seantagon

Seems like the Tetra P80s are in a little grey area as they are not in production anymore, but will be in production later and only in small batches.

Seantagon,
Reactions: acstorfer

FearAndLawyering

big oof. it’s like an alt right complainers mad libs.

‘my butthurt karen virtue signaling aside’ you still didn’t get to the part where you explain why $450 from one buyer is fine but from a diff buyer is not. if you wanna arbitrarily charge people diff amounts just say it. you listed the item for more than you were totally willing to accept then got upset when people were curious how you arrived at the price. then you try to write it off as charging more money to assholes and $525 was the asshole price you listed it as. so literally anyone taking you up on your listing price is paying the asshole price unless you decide to take less and subtract the asshole tax

- you listed for asshole price
- you consider anyone who haggles an asshole and asking for less than the asshole price gets you the asshole tax

no ones moving goal posts we’re just wanting context

NimChimpsky

Lmao. Its already been said and agreed by most here: charge/accept whatever you want for anything you choose to sell, nobody really gives a shit. However, if you incoherently bleat on a public forum that your reasoning for charging a certain amount is based off of some nonsensical 'asshole tax' that isn't even ultimately applied to the asshole that was the impetus for the 'tax' to begin with, it seems natural that someone might point out this questionable logic. If you aren't comfortable with your public gripings being questioned, then it seems like you are the one who should be sticking to the DMs.

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Hey, simple, if you agree on a price, and the seller comes right out and lowers the price, you should definitely not accept it.

acstorfer,

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
big oof. it’s like an alt right complainers mad libs.

‘my butthurt karen virtue signaling aside’ you still didn’t get to the part where you explain why $450 from one buyer is fine but from a diff buyer is not. if you wanna arbitrarily charge people diff amounts just say it. you listed the item for more than you were totally willing to accept then got upset when people were curious how you arrived at the price. then you try to write it off as charging more money to assholes and $525 was the asshole price you listed it as. so literally anyone taking you up on your listing price is paying the asshole price unless you decide to take less and subtract the asshole tax

- you listed for asshole price
- you consider anyone who haggles an asshole and asking for less than the asshole price gets you the asshole tax

no ones moving goal posts we’re just wanting context
Seriously? I love haggling. It's part of the process. If someone comes to buy something approaching me on an equal playing field, I get a rush when I tell them I would like to sell them something for less than they even offered, it's a wonderful thing. Then there are the people who believe I am selling out of desperation. Because they think they are dealing in a position of power, if they come at me with a "I'm only paying this" one of two things can happen. They offer me more than I'm willing to sell for it, done. I will happily accept the extra money. If it's at or below what I want I will happily send them on their way.

There is a difference between negotiating in good faith (haggling), and trying to abuse someone who might be desperate. There is a difference between an open conversation discussing price, and an ultimatum.

Additionally, I can post whatever price I want. Get over it.

Now as far as your sadness goes regarding the Karen comment, you obviously read my edit. It was done well before your comment. It was the first line. I acknowledged I was wrong, and I left the original text so people would know I screwed up with the Karen regarding you. I did this because I am not a fan of stealth edits. Well that and because I got a laugh out of it.

Now, if you would like to pretend I didn't correct myself, well then that's on you.

acstorfer,
Reactions: arb

BakedDiogenes

Of course it's a confusing statement. They are upset at me because I lower the price on people.
I don’t think anyone’s upset you lowered the price. It’s just a confusing way to do business.
If I walk into Best Buy and decide I’m going to buy something listed at $20, but when I get to register they tell me it’s now $10, I wouldn’t be upset, but very confused. Why hadn’t they just listed the price as $10? If they then say that the original $20 price is for those customers who ask too many questions or spend too much time deciding they if they want the product or not, most people would agree that’s a poor sales tactic.

However, I agree with letting the market dictate prices. Nobody is forcing anyone to pay higher prices.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
price however you wish… but this whole conversation took a nosedive when you tried to justify and explain your use of an asshole tax. Your previous comments have sealed your position and everything else you have posted just seems to reveal more and more about your character.

let the chip off your shoulder and allow this thread to die off…

Last edited:

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
I don’t think anyone’s upset you lowered the price. It’s just a confusing way to do business.
If I walk into Best Buy and decide I’m going to buy something listed at $20, but when I get to register they tell me it’s now $10, I wouldn’t be upset, but very confused. Why hadn’t they just listed the price as $10? If they then say that the original $20 price is for those customers who ask too many questions or spend too much time deciding they if they want the product or not, most people would agree that’s a poor sales tactic.

However, I agree with letting the market dictate prices. Nobody is forcing anyone to pay higher prices.
I'm not Best Buy. I'm not a retailer. I don't even need the vapes to sell. There's nothing confusing about it.

I said questions are fine. I said pictures are fine. Please go ahead and find where I say otherwise. If you quote me in the entirety of that statement you will no doubt realize you're coming at me with a false narrative. What I have a problem with is people who put me through the ringer, and then say they don't have enough money. What gets me even more annoyed is when they say they don't have the money, and then offer it to me after I decline. Hey, if people want to try these scumbag procedures, more power to them. They just either won't be buying it from me, or they will be charged above my bottom price (the asshole tax)

BakedDiogenes

I'm not Best Buy. I'm not a retailer. I don't even need the vapes to sell. There's nothing confusing about it.

I said questions are fine. I said pictures are fine. Please go ahead and find where I say otherwise. If you quote me in the entirety of that statement you will no doubt realize you're coming at me with a false narrative. What I have a problem with is people who put me through the ringer, and then say they don't have enough money. What gets me even more annoyed is when they say they don't have the money, and then offer it to me after I decline. Hey, if people want to try these scumbag procedures, more power to them. They just either won't be buying it from me, or they will be charged above my bottom price (the asshole tax)
You do you.

As @FlyingLow mentioned, this thread should probably die off. I know I have no interest in ads for used products that are overpriced.

FearAndLawyering

my favorite part is where it forced a conversation on whether people SHOULD be allowed to price higher and then we find out that you didn’t want to sell them for the advertised price anyway

bonus points for the charlie in the mail room explanation of your pricing.

tl/dr - if i tell the buyer i’m interested in an item and they don’t immediately discount the price $75 then i should back out of the deal because they think i’m an asshole

NimChimpsky

You look around and lots of people saying I am incredible to work with, really the best. Very smart, very good genes. You know it's amazing they just see my stuff and they say, My God! How could anyone do better?! Really, many people saying this, most people. I mean no one saying otherwise except a bunch of dipshit losers. Anyone will tell you, I am highly educated and I know words, I have the best words.

Last edited:

attackpoints

:popcorn:

To the original question of selling above retail value, I think it makes sense for the tp80 and fw7. When an item sells out in minutes, paying some kind of premium seems called for.

I guess the real question is, how much do you reduce a price for used items? It does seem crazy to see a fw7 come up on EE that's been used 3 or 4 times get marked up ~$50. I'm fudging the numbers, but...you know what I mean. That's just me, though. Sellers should be able to list for whatever they want, doesn't mean that anyone is buying.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
After some discussion amongst the forum staff an amendment was made to the classifieds rules.

Addition:
  • Items that are no longer in production may be listed for more than their original retail cost.
Products that are discontinued or out of production often realize a valuation higher than their original retail price and may be listed as such.

We have a thread in the classifieds section for negative feedback and it has specific rules.

From this point on, the rules are:
  • This thread is for transaction feedback posts only! It is not a discussion thread. If you don't have a bad transaction to report, don't post!
  • The only exception is that the reported party can make one post to respond. All other interactions must be taken elsewhere.
  • YOU MUST WAIT 14 DAYS AND HAVE TAKEN ALL REASONABLE STEPS TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE BEFORE REPORTING!

This thread is not a feedback thread. It's not a place to discuss off-site transactions. It's not a place to advertise items you have for sale.

It's also not exempt from the forum rules.
  • All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner.
  • No flaming. Do not post any content that harasses, insults, belittles, threatens or flames another member.
  • Do not post the contents of private conversations without permission from all parties involved.
A bunch of posts were deleted. The thread may be closed in the future. Please keep it on track and abide by the forum rules. Thank you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom