Seconds being sold as Normal stock...

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
OK Glass customers out there. I learned something from a couple local blowers out there. There is at least one shop out there selling seconds as normal pipes. All blowers QC there stuff. If it fails, they will not sell it as a normal production pipe. Many shop buy these and sale them at a discount noting its a second. NVS glassworks does this often especial with Goldstiens. I saw one yesterday the only issue was the rooster decal had some marks on it. It was 50% off. For people who don't care this is an excellent deal, and you know what you are getting.

Well this internet only shop locally here in Portland is selling Liberty 503 seconds with 15% off, but never state this is a second. 15% off is a standard sell price for a production pipe, not a second.

The issue it hurts everyone. The customer buys a second at a normal "good" price for a good pipe. They don't know its a second. Next, others see this good price and use it against other shops who actually have good QC'ed pipes in which they paid more for. Now their margins are gone to crap and the value of the product is dragged down. That does not help the blowers, other shops or us as consumers. We get bad pipes, blowers product value drops and stores loose margin all because someone is misrepresenting the stock...

This shop has been complained about in the past with a fellow member getting ripped on a Steve Beer piece. Well, I wonder about this because the blower stated they sold this pipe to them as a second and the description never stated "second" on there store page and they said that was the deal when they sold it to them... This isn't the 1st time this has happened. They are selling other liberty's at near wholesale cost, but not stating they are seconds. That just screws everyone because honest shops paid that for them...

redglassgallery

JHANPIXEL
Glass Blower
this is common practice esp w. e-tailers ( there are several i know of that do this but i wont name names =) )

i have also offered 2nds so some of my customers and they usually jump @ the chance cuz its usually a great deal.

but i agree not stating they are 2nds can really screw some ppl over -

but your local tobacco shop wouldnt know the difference so they are hardly in the position to explain it to their customers. LHS however are another story and show know better.

PhotoRider

this is common practice esp w. e-tailers ( there are several i know of that do this but i wont name names =) )

i have also offered 2nds so some of my customers and they usually jump @ the chance cuz its usually a great deal.

but i agree not stating they are 2nds can really screw some ppl over -

but your local tobacco shop wouldnt know the difference so they are hardly in the position to explain it to their customers. LHS however are another story and show know better.
Being when they bought the stock from Liberty, they were told by Liberty that it must be described as a second and it isn't. They know...

Nothing wrong with selling seconds. Its a win-win as long as everyone understands. The consumer decides...

PhotoRider,

Tweek

That's too bad...if it's who I think you are talking about, it makes me sad because they have always been great to deal with.

Tweek,

PhotoRider

I have not dealt with them, so I don't have a bad experience myself. I just heard this because I saw the pipe and asked my buddy to get one fore me. He showed it to them and this is what they said. They were not happy.

PhotoRider,
Reactions: Tweek

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
This shop has been complained about in the past with a fellow member getting ripped on a Steve Beer piece.

I think I know that guy!!! ;-) ...ripped by them on a S. Beer piece (never showed at my door), and then with a 2nd replacement piece (empty box arrived at my door!!!) ... And I'll use your post to tell everyone the blower stepped in and sent me the replica of my "second" but that was a prime piece, sent directly from the blower to the scammed customer, and for 0 EXTRA BUX!! ;-)

MOD's had to take my flaming post against them down because of the forum rules but they have been very friendly with me and they have been aware of the happy ending of the story thx to S. Beer's awesome "reaction"!

Top Bottom