• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Searching a good portable Vape to purchase for concentrates/crystals

cliffhanger1

Does anyone have any advice on a good portable vaporizer for concentrates?
I am new in vaping concentrates.
I am using CBD crystals which become liquid when heated.

At the moment i'm sprinkling crystals over the herbs in a V Leaf Go, but it is not ideal, as the vape gets dirty much faster due to the crystals.

thx :)

Last edited:
cliffhanger1,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Since you are in EU options are pretty limited atm as far as i know. I recently got a Saionara TAF with Ti bucket from Verdampftnochmal for a friend and tried it only for two loads and i liked it,but that is very limited experience.Build quality is great,but in the comparison thread it was mentioned,it makes a bit of mess
. There is V4 also available and i started a comparison threads,so far people mention that it is better than the Saionara,but there is new version v5 comming which will address the issues of the v4 which was described as a little finnicky.
There is also mention of the Sequia which is better the two mentioned up above is avaiable only in UK as far as my EU search extended
I have found that the vaporization of isolates is not satisfying unless it is boosted with some terps and compared to sprincling it ontop of your herb.
I use just a little on top of my bowl on my DIY logvapes, which i use with water filtration,but i can imagine it really get messy if you put it in bowls that are not easily cleanable or removeable .I have a friend who uses some with Air 2 ,but i have yet to get feedback on how messy it actually is.

DRCousCous

Well-Known Newb
i dont like vapes with 510 mods
what ybout Linx Vapes or Utilian 5?

I'm not sure about Linx or Utilian, but I can tell you that the Divine Trive v4 (and v5) aren't "vapes" in the same way as dry herb 510 vapes. They use the power from batteries to heat crucibles to dabbing temperatures. I don't care for 510 dry herb vapes either, but I have to say concentrates is a different beast. It's easier to clean than any flower vape I have (other than the Sticky Brick), reliable (if at first a bit difficult to figure out), and produces excellent vapor (and flavor if you can get resins or rosins).

Like yourself, I've use a lot of CBD (concentrates and flower) and not found any dry herb vapes that work great. Of the options I've tried (if you're just deadset against 510 mods), DynaVaps with the concentrate coil and Sticky Brick with the concentrate pads both work pretty well. One of the nice thing about Sticky Bricks (if you don't mind using a torch) is that they don't really clog up at all in my experience. They have wide open airflow and nothing but a screen to get clogged. I have a proper enail setup (banger and coil from 710 and controller from Disorderly Conduction) and the DTv4 for portable use, and both are far, far superior to any dry herb vape I've tried.

cliffhanger1

I have found that the vaporization of isolates is not satisfying unless it is boosted with some terps and compared to sprincling it ontop of your herb.

I bought from cbd-brothers very good quality crystals.
I notice a significantly stronger effect of the THC when i add cbd to my weed or vape it afterwards.
I wouldn't have thought it possible either. Without terpenes in the crystals.
Even when i vaporize the crystals alone i feel a strong effect.

cliffhanger1,

darbarikanada

I have a linx, barely ever use it: short vapor path, hard to clean. I've never vaped CBD crystals, but vape wax (and similar concentrates) and different types of hash in my mighty all the time and am very happy with its performance. it's not the right vape for someone looking for huge rips like you get from a banger or mod-based devices, but if you're okay with a more relaxed 'session' vape experience, it could work for you. I usually put .05 - .08g of wax on top of the liquid pad, start getting vapor @ ~180ºC, get ~15 hits from that amount.

Texus

If when you say "portable" you mean "easy to move from place to place" I would go with the incredibly easy to use and integrated Rio Stache.

If you mean "fits in my pocket" I really love the Xmax Qomo, especially since they now have a quartz atomizer.

BTW, both can be run dry. Personal preference and neither overly harsh dry.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I vote the Qomo for portable (Terp Pen from Boundless for extra sneaky), Puffco Peak Pro for cordless and DNail SiC Halo for corded concentrate use.
The Xmax Ace also has a High temp concentrate mode that is the best dry herb vape I have used for concentrates.

Texus

I think there are probably better options than the Pro especially at that price. I'd personally go with an IH rig over these around that price point (Switch, Wand, Daab).

As for a pen option, the knock on those is that they can be a pain to clean. And like atty-based rigs like Pro (or Qomo), be prepared to factor in cost of needing to replace coils or atomizers.

cliffhanger1

I think there are probably better options than the Pro especially at that price. I'd personally go with an IH rig over these around that price point (Switch, Wand, Daab).
because of the language and i am new in this kind of vaporizer i dont understand what is an IH rig ? Do you have an link ? but i have to look if it is available in europe. - the meaning of the 2 words switch and wand i do not understand too. Sorry. The rest i understand ;) LOL
As for a pen option, the knock on those is that they can be a pain to clean.
ok i understand. thanks for the info
-
for now i would order the StoneSmiths' Slash Dab Pen at monday. But if you say it is difficult to clean i maybe stick to the Tafee if i vape cbd crystals if i can't find a better solution.

Thx for your help :)

cliffhanger1,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
i dont understand what is an IH rig
It is induction heating, I prefer my Peak Pro (proper temp control) over my Wand, the Daab is not available outside of the US and the Switch, well look at it, a dinosaur in need of an update...30 odd different colored LEDs to guess temps ffs.
Puffco plus pen is supposed to be OK for occasional use...I would get a Airistech Quaser or Boundless Terp Pen over it though.
A Puffco Peak Pro atty can last over 4000 dabs compared to the OG lasting days to weeks at best, the main reason I never got an OG Peak.
Puffco Plus
Quite a few probs reported here,

Texus

Wand= iSpire Wand
Switch= Dr. Dabber Switch

Both are two of my favorite pieces. I will respectfully disagree that the Switch is somehow out of date. Lots of great accessories. But this would not be one that is portable.

Zipford

i dont like vapes with 510 mods
what ybout Linx Vapes or Utilian 5?
I have the Linx Hypnos and I really like it. It doesn't give you big clouds, but it does give you the effect. The atomizer is a little fragile, and the pen is very small (a good thing to me). The vapor path is short, but isn't harsh at all by my standards, and you don't want to overfill it -- a little goes a long way. Plus, it's fairly inexpensive.

Not sure what you mean by vapes with 510 mods, but I believe you can thread a 510 cart onto the Hypnos battery. I never have, because I got the Hypnos to stop using leaky and finicky carts.

cliffhanger1

I have the Linx Hypnos and I really like it. It doesn't give you big clouds, but it does give you the effect. The atomizer is a little fragile, and the pen is very small (a good thing to me). The vapor path is short, but isn't harsh at all by my standards, and you don't want to overfill it -- a little goes a long way. Plus, it's fairly inexpensive.

Not sure what you mean by vapes with 510 mods, but I believe you can thread a 510 cart onto the Hypnos battery. I never have, because I got the Hypnos to stop using leaky and finicky carts.
Hey, i have the Linx Hypnos Zero too.

I used it my second time and you are right, there are no coming big clouds but the effect is good.
But what bothers me a little is that the vape always goes off after 15 seconds of drawing and that you then have to pull very, very often to finish the bowl. Even with small amounts.

Or do you have any advice?

cliffhanger1,

Zipford

Hey, i have the Linx Hypnos Zero too.

I used it my second time and you are right, there are no coming big clouds but the effect is good.
But what bothers me a little is that the vape always goes off after 15 seconds of drawing and that you then have to pull very, very often to finish the bowl. Even with small amounts.

Or do you have any advice?
That can be annoying, and I count off the seconds in my head as I'm drawing to avoid it shutting off. I also "pre-heat" the atomizer (and wax in the atomizer) before drawing for like 10 seconds, then release the button quick and then turn it back on to draw for 15 seconds (so it is effectively heated for 25 seconds). And while pre-heating and drawing, I turn the pen to help coat the center post of the atomizer, which is where the heat is (this also seems to help avoid black residue burning onto the center post). So as you're drawing, just rotate/turn the pen back and forth so it is spinning between your lips -- I find with pre-heating and spinning the pen, I get decent hits on the third level (yellow). Spinning slowly seems to work best.

And by counting in my head, I almost always avoid it shutting off on me. Though sometimes I'm on 18 and the light starts flashing, which lets me know the effects are working!

cliffhanger1

I get good vapor with CBD crystals.
Crystals make bigger clouds than herbs i noticed before with other vapes.
I am happy with the Hypnos Zero, except for one thing that annoys me that you have to turn the vape on again with 5 clicks after the 15 seconds drawing. Only then hen you can hold the button again to draw again.
But maybe it's normal with wax pens! ??

Is that also the case with the Puffco Plus / Pro 2, for example? or with other decices too ??
Or can you start again with the Puffco after the 12 seconds of drawing without having to click 5 times?

Last edited:
cliffhanger1,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Zipford

I get good vapor with CBD crystals.
Crystals make bigger clouds than herbs i noticed before with other vapes.
I am happy with the Hypnos Zero, except for one thing that annoys me that you have to turn the vape on again with 5 clicks after the 15 seconds drawing. Only then hen you can hold the button again to draw again.
But maybe it's normal with wax pens! ??

Is that also the case with the Puffco Plus / Pro 2, for example? or with other decices too ??
Or can you start again with the Puffco after the 12 seconds of drawing without having to click 5 times?
Based on reading reviews, it seems like most pens just stop heating after some preset amount of time for safety, but do not shut-off like the Hypnos. So you can just release the button and press it again, without needing the five clicks to turn it back on. And that annoyed some reviewers. I just slowly count to 15 in my head to avoid this, and after a few times you get a sense of how long you can draw before you need to let the button go.

I found that pressing the button to pre-heat the wax for 10-15 seconds, letting the button go and then pressing again to draw for 15 seconds really helps with the Hypnos. Otherwise the first draw or two are really weak, because half of your 15 seconds are spent getting the wax to vaping temperature.

Top Bottom