Scope and Stack Rook Portable Enail

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
This looks awesome!

Wonder if they might offer a bare bones unit with standard connectors and without proprietary bangers/coils/etc. Would love to be able to pair this controller with 710 gear [or whatever you choose].

FlyingLow,

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
have you gotten some use in and have anything to share? I saw this on your site, which led me to the hunt for info, haha.
Yeah. I just have not had a lot of time to provide feedback. I like it enough to order a second shipment of Rooks which happen to be on the way. Beyond that the controller is badass. Super nice function and build quality. This is a premium package and the controller lives up to that. The ESB looks like a titty banger. It's obviously nice quality and works very well for this application. But one thing to note is that it is NOT interchangable with other bangers you may have. This device is made to work with the provided banger. Now I think S&S will install one of your personal bangers but it has to fit and there would be a charge to do so. And it would then be the dedicated banger to that heater.

Speaking of heater, it is really a LOT safer! The outside gets hot to the touch and you wouldn't want to leave your hand on there but if you graze it you will not get a burn like an exposed coil. But because it really only heats the bottom of the banger and not the sides, you cannot let your dab melt on the inside of the banger and let it melt down into the bucket. It's something I do all the time but you really need to be touching the bottom to get the dab to melt off. This is also what makes it safer because the top of the banger stays cooler.

I run between level 4 and 5 on the controller. Very smooth tasty dabs with the right balance of taste and vapor density.

One other call out discovered. I normally leave the heater cord attached all the time but remember that is one thing you can do is detach it during your dab to have a bit more freedom. Just make sure you lower your power level before doing so. I think anything over a 3 may arc and blow the installed fuse. The fuses are just like fuses for your automobile and are readily available at retail stores. Not a show stopper imo but a bit of an annoyance to have to remember to drop the power before detaching or risk lowering the fuse. Now this hasn't personally happened with me (and I detached at higher levels before) but two customers contacted me with the same problem and after consulting S&S this was the proposed solution.

Long story short, I like it a lot. Gets daily use in my rotation but I still mix it up with the TBucket and Torch banger as well. If you are interested in a high end portable kit and don't have anything yet this may be a perfect solution. But if you were looking to swap out and use different bangers you'd best look at a traditional coil system.

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
This looks awesome!

Wonder if they might offer a bare bones unit with standard connectors and without proprietary bangers/coils/etc. Would love to be able to pair this controller with 710 gear [or whatever you choose].
I asked them about different coil setups for different devices and they said it's not likely. The unexposed coil is a big selling point of this unit and it would be difficult to come up with a solution for different coil types and the applications where they would be used.

Last edited:

danielblakes

flowerpot fiend
Anyone currently using either the Rook or Knight? I’m very tempted to get one, but haven’t really heard anything regarding long-term usage impressions.
i'd also love to hear from forum members.

In my search for a range of 1st hand experiences I've spoken to 2 people on instagram who have used and posted them for a while, @710.pharoh and @indica.pajamas and they both seem to like them. the first guy seemed like he gets a lot of messages about it so maybe dont bug him loll but I.P. has always been friendly and happy to answer.

danielblakes,

staircase slight of hand

I pulled the trigger on the Rook and it’s scheduled to land this afternoon.

This is my first time using an e-nail, does anyone have any temperature advice to start off my experimentation (either for the banger alone or with a ruby insert and pearl* I picked up from @710Coils)? I’ve got some hash rosin I’m planning to start with, but I’ll be picking up some live resin as well.

Also, how long should I be allowing it to pre-heat?

*yes, the stimulus-check/vape-ban/tax-return/end-of-pandemic craziness got the best of me and I jumped in the deep end...

Edit: the Rook has landed! @VGOODIEZ : any words of wisdom about the battery (i.e. how to check battery level, how long to charge it)? Mine didn’t come with any sort of manual or documentation.

Last edited:

staircase slight of hand

[Apologies for the double post]

After a couple days experimentation, I’ve noticed that the light on this will occasionally blink on and off and make a clicking noise (like a car’s blinkers). Anyone have a guess as to what this is about?

staircase slight of hand,

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
I pulled the trigger on the Rook and it’s scheduled to land this afternoon.

This is my first time using an e-nail, does anyone have any temperature advice to start off my experimentation (either for the banger alone or with a ruby insert and pearl* I picked up from @710Coils)? I’ve got some hash rosin I’m planning to start with, but I’ll be picking up some live resin as well.

Also, how long should I be allowing it to pre-heat?

*yes, the stimulus-check/vape-ban/tax-return/end-of-pandemic craziness got the best of me and I jumped in the deep end...

Edit: the Rook has landed! @VGOODIEZ : any words of wisdom about the battery (i.e. how to check battery level, how long to charge it)? Mine didn’t come with any sort of manual or documentation.
It has been a while since I ran it off battery but I do believe I was getting a few hours constant run without issue.

Unfortunately there is no way to check the level.

The clicking sounds like it may be going from AC power to battery power. Make sure your plug is secure. I thought my unit wasn't working this one time. It turns out it had gotten unplugged, run the battery dead and would not turn back in without charging it for a few minutes.

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
This is an interesting device, would you use it with banger inserts or just dab off of the quartz directly?

bkkbob,

staircase slight of hand

It’s basically a standard quartz banger (it’s just an Evan Shore Titty banger with a tiny hotplate attached to the bottom), so it’s down to your personal preference. I usually use it without inserts/pearls, but they work fine.

staircase slight of hand,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Anyone know or hear anything about this company or products...? They just popped up on my IG and look pretty interesting:

CHECKMATE™:
Scope & Stack Checkmate® Ships week of April 22nd 2024
World's most powerful torch replacement!
Reaches 1500*C in less than 30 seconds.
110V wall power required.
Heats bangers up in 20 seconds or less.
Ignites Cigars, Blunts, Joints or anything else instantly.

KING™: Reign with the King™, our flagship product that embodies power, performance, and unparalleled hash pleasure. This unit can function as either a standalone E-Rig or as our E-Nail if you choose. Just attach our E-R Banger™ & E-R Cable™ if you would like to use the unit as a Rook™ with your current collection of art. Experience newfound luxury with this extraordinary device.

ROOK™: Discover a new realm of portable dabbing with the Rook™. Crafted with precision and designed for on-the-go convenience, the Rook™ delivers a seamless dab experience that exceeds expectations. This unit includes a 10mm E-R Banger™ & E-R Cable™ but it is also upgradeable to a King™ with our available E-R Bucket™ assembly & water attachment.

KNIGHT™: This steadfast desktop unit is designed for consistent wall power. We ensure an uninterrupted dab journey for those seeking reliability and exceptional performance. This unit includes a 10mm E-R Banger™ & E-R Cable™ but does not convert into another device.

E-R BANGER™: Experience the pinnacle of flavor and vapor production with our state-of-the-art E-R Banger™. Designed with precision engineering and utilizing the finest materials, this patented accessory enhances the taste and quality of your hash.

CASTL CLEANER™: Maintain the pristine condition of your dab devices with our Castle Cleaner™. Specially created with the perfect dimensions to use a small rip of papertowel to provide efficient and thorough cleaning, this solution guarantees a spotless experience with every use. One single swipe with a paper towel cleans both the sides and base of your banger, allowing a dab-after-dab session without the hassle of swabs.

Bologna,
Reactions: RamboDig

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Oh well, thanks @Grass Yes... I did make an attempt at a search first... but I didn't use "ROOK" and used "Scope & Stack" not "and"...

The Checkmate (the main reason I started the thread) appears like it may blow d-nails offering outta the water.... wonder who came up with the idea first....:hmm:

Edit: or should it maybe have it's own thread like the d-nail one...?

Last edited:
Bologna,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The Checkmate appears like it may blow d-nails offering outta the water.... wonder who came up with the idea first....:hmm:
It seems pretty different to me. There is no temperature setting and it just goes up to 2700F. That is much hotter than the UTHS, but also not what I want. They will be adding a temperature controller sometime after it launches. More info on their Instagram:

Grass Yes,
Top Bottom