Sativas vs Indicas for your heart

I guess the stoner paranoia and common anecdotal links with anxiety and fear of confrontation come from a real physical symptom csused by some combination of the cannabinoid spectrum. Strains with a certain profile might be a lot worse for bringing on anxiety than others.
All these breeders desperately crossing different strains trying for high thc might not be making particularly good medicine. Even a CBD strain that is 50/50 might have other cannabinoids that trigger you.
Maybe CBD oil taken orally and find a nice old strain that hasn't been bred to death?
Yeah, you tell the truth about strains. All what I've got when it began, was "Amnesia" strain, which is more sativa if I'm not wrong. This strain is just so common on the black market in my country.. Maybe for that elevated thc content.

When I was experiencing those side effects, it could be a hypertension thing. It looks similar as anxiety/pa symptoms btw. Can't tell, a human body is a strange thing..

I was thinking about indica landraces like Afghani #1 and Hindu Kush. But I've never found their thc content %. So I've found this thread and was thinking about something like 1:2/1:3 cbd strains.

Last edited:

Paperback Writer

Im a Rastaman not a Dreadlock
I guess the stoner paranoia and common anecdotal links with anxiety and fear of confrontation come from a real physical symptom csused by some combination of the cannabinoid spectrum. Strains with a certain profile might be a lot worse for bringing on anxiety than others.
All these breeders desperately crossing different strains trying for high thc might not be making particularly good medicine. Even a CBD strain that is 50/50 might have other cannabinoids that trigger you.
Maybe CBD oil taken orally and find a nice old strain that hasn't been bred to death?

@west-elec you make great points. I have been a daily toker for some time now and I long for the strains we had in the Los Angeles area in the 90's. Skunk, Trainwreck, Northern Lights etc...I have been chasing strains to find the 'classic' feeling with no paranoia or anxiety.

For me personally, I am affected negatively by high THC strains and the issue with me here in Cali is the way they price. Top shelf high THC strains are at the the top of the pricing pyramid, but when I try to get something lower thc that happens to be at a lower price (High THC is sexy), I feel the quality is not there. Sometimes I get lucky, but ultimately I decided to try to become self-sufficient

Tranquility

For me personally, I am affected negatively by high THC strains and the issue with me here in Cali is the way they price. Top shelf high THC strains are at the the top of the pricing pyramid, but when I try to get something lower thc that happens to be at a lower price (High THC is sexy), I feel the quality is not there. Sometimes I get lucky, but ultimately I decided to try to become self-sufficient
I completely agree. It seems like the grower/manufactuer tests for THC and use that to determine how good the product is and how well it should be treated. Other than the size of the cola (usually bigger the higher the shelf), THC is the sexy. The care in the grow or the finish, not so much.

It's too bad for me too as I love sativa in general as I have stuff to do. The Panic can set in if the THC is too high and I start thinking of things I should be doing.

west-elec

Self sufficiency is the answer but even that is a few years work minimum unless you get very lucky with seed. If you can find a nice stable old strain that breeds true you are doing alright but more likely you will get something similar to the old strain crossed recently and with lots of variation in phenotypes. So you will have to grow out as many as possible, taking cuttings and keeping each individual type going until a crop can be harvested and cured, then tested and hope you find a keeper. By the time you know if you have something worthwhile it is months down the track. Then you might have to try again with another seed if none are what you want. It's a commitment in time and a good degree of organisation is required so you don't stuff up. Then you have to keep that cutting going forever and hope you don't stuff things up over the years.
I just started this process again myself. I had a haze strain I grew for over a decade, but something went wrong somewhere along the line and my potency and taste gradually went to shit, slowly enough that I blamed tolerance, until I grew some new seed and remembered what I was missing.
But the new varieties are quite variable and I have some serious sorting to do. One plant (super star face) is particularly racey and lung gripping and super strong. Not your easy going laid back smoko, more like a shot of tequila and a sniff on some NO2 than a relaxing session. Others from same seed batch are more tame and smell totally different.
I also grew some 50/50 solodial CBD plants, they didn't look really spectacular or smell like much, so I didn't continue with them, but the high was mellow and subtle and probably close to what OP may want. Definitely an indica dominant strain should be on the shopping list first but expect some variety.
I am jealous when I hear about legal areas where known cuttings for medical specific symptoms are available. The breeders have done all the work for you, and you can try before you buy.

nickolas

My heart rate always goes up when I vape or consume MJ. Sometimes I get palps and sometimes I don't but my heart rate always goes up. I've had issues with palps off and on for years, and have had them even when I don't use MJ. I've also had tests done on my heart that found no evidence of any serious issues that required treatment. If you use sedating strains this might help, but I've known people that have stopped using CBD due to palps so, yeah....

I would say if you have not done it already you need to double check all the meds you are taking and make sure that MJ products can't interact with what you are taking. Keep in mind that because of the legal status of MJ most inserts that come with your Rx won't always tell you if MJ maybe an issue with said meds so it is more important that you actually research the issue or bring it up with an MD.

Green Kiwi

y heart rate always goes up when I vape or consume MJ. Sometimes I get palps and sometimes I don't but my heart rate always goes up. I've had issues with palps off and on for years, and have had them even when I don't use MJ. I've also had tests done on my heart that found no evidence of any serious issues that required treatment
I have the same issue, brother.
in my case : I put it down to 36 years of Rittalin use. since I stopped Rittalin it is slowly progressively, improving.But last GP visit, after I had walked the dog's and consumed 3 bowls in the Crafty+She almost wanted to call the 'ambo'. it was very irregular, and she thought that is not alright. I disagreed, and told her to chill.
And wonder oooh wonder, new strains in my live: COMPLETELY GONE!.
back to the 42 bpm in rest:tup:👊.

Soo , in my 'not always humble opinion', I indeed think that the cannaboid profile is very, very,VERY,(did I just said..)important for especially medical users.

much love and good cannaboids wished to all!:bigleaf::rockon:.

shredder

I completely agree. It seems like the grower/manufactuer tests for THC and use that to determine how good the product is and how well it should be treated. Other than the size of the cola (usually bigger the higher the shelf), THC is the sexy. The care in the grow or the finish, not so much.

It's too bad for me too as I love sativa in general as I have stuff to do. The Panic can set in if the THC is too high and I start thinking of things I should be doing.

I wonder if the relative lack of cbn in today's products are responsible for some of the negative effects noticed in this thread.

Not long ago herb didn't get the testing or care it does today.

Cbn happens when thc degrades. So I suspect having cbn in the herb is less common now than it was.

Now that i just use edibles, to make something appropriate for sleep I purposely make cbn by over decarbing thc/thca. The night time edibles work great BTW.

Normally I grow and use sativas, and some if not most can be too racy to sleep well.

Cbn's are good for sleep, pain and an anti-inflammatory. But afaik not a lot of studies done on it's use.

Me wonders if cbn's figure into heart health, when comparing today's herb with yesteryears.

I wonder if the relative lack of cbn in today's products are responsible for some of the negative effects noticed in this thread.

Not long ago herb didn't get the testing or care it does today.

Cbn happens when thc degrades. So I suspect having cbn in the herb is less common now than it was.

Now that i just use edibles, to make something appropriate for sleep I purposely make cbn by over decarbing thc/thca. The night time edibles work great BTW.

Normally I grow and use sativas, and some if not most can be too racy to sleep well.

Cbn's are good for sleep, pain and an anti-inflammatory. But afaik not a lot of studies done on it's use.

Me wonders if cbn's figure into heart health, when comparing today's herb with yesteryears.
My last edible experiences went bad. It was a material I've got by vaping (ABV) with which I prepared some cookies, something like 1-1,5 tsp per cookie. Same racy heart and anxiety/pa or even hypertension feeling. It was my last and the most horrible experince, I just ate 2-3 cookies before going on the plane. I litterally went in the sky before the takeoff. I overdosed for sure, because I was thinking that ABV + oven heating process got at least 70-80% of THC off.

On the other hand, whe I was younger and didn't consume weed on daily basis. My first and the most wonderful experience was by making milk with some wild cannabis (boiling). What a relaxation, man.. I miss those times, those smooth and relaxing effects, without any negatives.

Last edited:
Hawaiian,
Reactions: shredder

Green Kiwi

@Hawaiian , I have changed to lesser Sativa dominant and indeed, what @shredder , by letting the bud degrading a bit overtime, before consuming, so at least a couple months later after it was fresh bud. now another method is to harvest as late as possible, then the plant will have started the conversion already by itself.
After I learned this ,my heartbeat became as it should be again.
Soo, yes , if you are experiencing irrigularities with your heartbeat, it could be well worth to dig a bit deeper in this.
I Hope this answers your question:leaf:🤗.

Shadooz

another method is to harvest as late as possible
Harvest late will increase the thc lvl not the cbn, cbn only start with drying.
U can let a sativa blooming for 4 months and more, and have no cbn.

That's what bring me back to the thread question. For heart, it's only the high thc lvl, more than genetics. as mostly hybrid, just Sativa dominant have the highest thc/cbd ratio.

as discovered for now. Only found that high thc level, which triggered sympatetic stimulation, and so raise the cardivascular risk. However 23 times less than cocaine, and less than a 100m sprint..

So yes thc maturation (degradation) to cbn lead to less sympatetic stimulation. I'm a fervent defensor of long well cured bud. Less sour and dyzzy.

Same racy heart and anxiety/pa or even hypertension feeling. It was my last and the most horrible experince, I just ate 2-3 cookies before going on the plane. I litterally went in the sky before the takeoff. I overdosed for sure,
With my abv, i'v one strong dose with 3 coffee spoon. So yes, 3 tablespoon can be "overdosing" (high thc strain with low temp vap). U should have try some before the plane departure day.

Harvest late will increase the thc lvl not the cbn, cbn only start with drying.
U can let a sativa blooming for 4 months and more, and have no cbn.
From what I've read, I think, that he's right, just take a look:
!.JPG

So, the peak of THC is when those trichomes are cloudy/white, past that window, some part of it degrades to CBN.

When I was waiting to cut my Cinderella 99, I was waiting for those amber trichs. But I've got some mold on one of the colas, so there was no more time to wait unfortunately. It's been 1 year since I've cut. Still strong to me! I need some more feedback. Maybe it's just me, very sensible to THC... But sometimes (like yesterday) I could vape more, there wasn't negatives. I no more understand this body, lol. :freak:

With my abv, i'v one strong dose with 3 coffee spoon. So yes, 3 tablespoon can be "overdosing" (high thc strain with low temp vap). U should have try some before the plane departure day.
I've done it before also, still got the same shitty feelings. So no more edibles for me, just micro-micro dosing with some cbd.
In 3 months we'll see how I'll tolerate a 1:2 strain (Himalayan CBD from Sensi Seeds). Very interesting to me.

Last edited:

Shadooz

So, the peak of THC is when those trichomes are cloudy/white, past that window, some part of it degrades to CBN
Ammount of cbn on late harvest are negligible.
Compared to drying under direct sun. Which fuck the taste.

Shadooz,
Reactions: Hawaiian
Top Bottom