Rosin yield of trimmed vs untrimmed ??

MinnBobber

How do the respective rosin yields compare for trimmed vs untrimmed flowers?
This happens to be for CBD flowers, but hightest 20%+ CBD buds.

The untrimmed stock costs 75% of the trimmed buds.
Will the untrimmed typically yield more than 75% of the trimmed bud rosin amount??

miguelovic

Varies on the trim job or lack of. We talking fan leaves? Or just sugar leaves?

Leaves are more or less starch and will absorb oil.

But if its nice dry material you can save some dough if you have the time and trim it yourself. I don't even use scissors if it's for oil, just lightly rub off the outer bits devoid of trichomes.

MinnBobber

Is rosin from trimmed flowers “better” than rosin from untrimmed flowers?
Better flavor or fewer contaminants etc??
Likely pressing small amounts, bagless....
Thanks

MinnBobber,
Reactions: shredder

clukx

how does cbd concentrates work, when you press cbd flower for cbd rosin what are you collecting? is it still trichomes if theres no thc?

clukx,

shredder

Is rosin from trimmed flowers “better” than rosin from untrimmed flowers?
Better flavor or fewer contaminants etc??
Likely pressing small amounts, bagless....
Thanks

I press a cbd plant, cannatonic #4. I just trim the fan leaves and press 95% of the buds. It doesn't return well, but thats just this variety, it never returned well on rso either, but I love the plant so I put up with low yields.

In general though the better buds return better all things being equal. Top buds do better than bottom buds and so on. But in your case is the price worth it? hell if I know, lol. You just have to try.

how does cbd concentrates work, when you press cbd flower for cbd rosin what are you collecting? is it still trichomes if theres no thc?

The oil glands have all the cannabiniods and terpenes that the plant has in it. Cbd rosin looks just like thc rosin. Ive found cbd rosin frequently has a sour cherry flavor thats quite pleasant. But it looks and vapes like any other rosin.

clukx

I press a cbd plant, cannatonic #4. I just trim the fan leaves and press 95% of the buds. It doesn't return well, but thats just this variety, it never returned well on rso either, but I love the plant so I put up with low yields.

In general though the better buds return better all things being equal. Top buds do better than bottom buds and so on. But in your case is the price worth it? hell if I know, lol. You just have to try.

The oil glands have all the cannabiniods and terpenes that the plant has in it. Cbd rosin looks just like thc rosin. Ive found cbd rosin frequently has a sour cherry flavor thats quite pleasant. But it looks and vapes like any other rosin.
interesting ive had cbd isolate before but that sounds fun and a nice way to not dab all of my "regular" concentrates lol..
is it just as hard on the lungs as thc concentrates?

clukx,

Aerogrower

interesting ive had cbd isolate before but that sounds fun and a nice way to not dab all of my "regular" concentrates lol..
is it just as hard on the lungs as thc concentrates?
Mix some CBD concentrate with your normal concentrates - It gives a better high imo

Smoking CBD is just as bad as smoking THC, except CBD has a lot more beneficial/medicinal effects

Aerogrower,

Aerogrower

I was making a lot of CBD rosin, and I always went with small nugs if they had them. They were typically much cheaper than the larger buds, and much less work to break down to get in the rosin bags.

Top Bottom