Roffu vs TM

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I can get the Roffu for 150. I was impressed with the v3p which I've seen it being compared to, so I'm kind of tempted to buy.

I worry though will it really please me as an upgrade to v3p which I bought at close to half the price? Or should I just get the TM instead, as v3p has been called a poor man's TM?

What do you think? I do miss that punch when I'm puffing on my v3p. Roffu gonna give me that? Spending less would be nice these days, but if spending on a TM gives a way better bang for buck ratio, I have no issue paying the extra.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
@Abele Rizieri Ferrari Might consider another vape in the mix. The AirVape Legacy Pro has been mentioned in the conversation with the TM. Troy and Jerry have I believe a coupon for $100 US off the AirVape Legacy Pro through out the month of June. Here's one forum members opinion who owns both the TM and AirVape Legacy Pro. Good luck on your vape quest!
I intentionally avoided comparing taste to the tm since tm gets used so many different ways. But I'll say that for me the flavor is close to the native TM experience (short stem with cooling unit) - clean, convection terpy, a bit muted compared to some other convection setups but overall very good ie "awesome". Toasty conduction notes enter the picture when on session mode, but not until after the 3rd or 4th dense draw and above 385f (the temp readout is probably 20+ f low since I'm getting huge clouds at 330). One thing I would always get with TM convection was kind of a "soapy" aftertaste when the terps were spent. I imagine it as sort of how some people taste cilantro. That isn't happening with the Pro, thankfully. Happy to trade that in for a little hybrid toastiness.

Mouth piece has not gotten hot at all, certainly stays cooler than the above native TM mentioned. Vapor stream itself gets a little harsh in session, above 400 (420?) on the dial. When going there I keep my draws to 10 seconds or less and it's very manageable.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The TM has far superior vapor quality than both, if that is important or curious to you to try, with all glass path WPA and hook etc, otherwise Roffu can hit pretty hard, but mine tastes terrible, prefer v3pro in more ways too

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

@Abele Rizieri Ferrari Might consider another vape in the mix. The AirVape Legacy Pro has been mentioned in the conversation with the TM. Troy and Jerry have I believe a coupon for $100 US off the AirVape Legacy Pro through out the month of June. Here's one forum members opinion who owns both the TM and AirVape Legacy Pro. Good luck on your vape quest!

Thanks buddy! I'm in EU so the coupon won't help. I read good things about the Legacy Pro but when I think back of the nuisances I experienced when I had a FF2 I'm not really looking to go back to such a design.
The TM has far superior vapor quality than both, if that is important or curious to you to try, with all glass path WPA and hook etc, otherwise Roffu can hit pretty hard, but mine tastes terrible, prefer v3pro in more ways too
Yea I guess I'm better off with TM. I guess the vas (almost) got the better of me.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Tape up some intake holes on your V3 Pro and get similar draw restriction and taste to the Roffu but the Roffu cools better with native cooling units and can/seems to have higher top temps if needed.
The Roffu just pumps out vapor earlier and more easily than the V3 in a nicer package. I only need 180-200C max on the Roffu to get similar ABV to a V3 Pro set at 200-220c.
The TM would be the more different from the V3P so would probably be your pick of the 2 in the thread title for your collection @Abele Rizieri Ferrari .
I would hang on a bit on the Airvape Legacy Pro as they are having some mouthpiece fitment problems that should be fixed soon.

Dargin B

I have been looking at Roffu's, but hearing the taste isn't good is kind of a turn off.

I have the V3, TM, and Pro. The Pro and V3 are in the same vapor family. Once the mouthpiece gets sorted and dosing caps I will use the Pro more. In my opinion the TM and P80 are in a different family that hits harder and tastes better. I have Ed's stems on the TM and P80 and they increase the load size / performance for me.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

The Roffu just pumps out vapor earlier and more easily than the V3 in a nicer package. I only need 180-200C max on the Roffu to get similar ABV to a V3 Pro set at 200-220c.
The TM would be the more different from the V3P so would probably be your pick of the 2 in the thread title for your collection @Abele Rizieri Ferrari .

Yea Roffu still sound like it might be worth it for me but TM is offering something more in return for its higher price, especially with v3p already available.

Get a Tinymight and don't feel the need to include accessories beyond a wpa (preferably with no glass honeycomb screen) for j-hook and bubbler use

Yea I actually got some splinter z stems that should work and no need for accessories so it's just the 269. Kind of sour bout getting in after the 30€ increase tho :shrug:

In my opinion the TM and P80 are in a different family that hits harder and tastes better.

I actually held off on TM partly because it sometimes gets mentioned with P80. P80 for me was not a good match. Though my technique with this type of vape was underdeveloped as well when I had it and I didn't get the chance to really get to know the P80 due to circumstances.

Lately I've been using one of @RogueGuy glass vapes with butane and it's really nice, convection heavy, it taste as good as my splinter z and the vapor is super creamy with huge clouds. It made me desire something similar but electric. When I saw the Roffu for cheap I thought maybe I could pick it up. But TM is the better choice I agree we're pretty unanimous even :lol:

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Now I'm thinking maybe I should go the unregulated route, hoping it will mimic the butane experience even more. I believe some of you have used like a SBL as well as Milaana of Nomad? You think there's any truth in my assumption that the there's resemblance between their respective higher user engagement and influence?

(The Rogue pipe doesn't really have a similar style from another manufacturer, so SBL was best I could come up with. It is btw crazy good, I get so many milky and tasty clouds, I totally endorse it - though not currently in stock I believe)

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: Shit Snacks

Texus

I keep thinking "I'll wait for USB-C" on TinyMight now that early customer service issues seem to be resolved.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I imagine you'll be waiting a very long time! Usb c is great and all for the end user but for a manufacturer it's a different story. Comparing the 2, C has much smaller contact points making soldering more of a challenge, and the sockets themselves are about 10 times the price. There are too many reasons for an artisanal manufacturer to stick with micro usb unfortunately. Besides, with the TM and it's 18650s you're taking better care of the cells by using an external charger so it's much less of an problem IMO.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Not too much longer until USB-c on everything small, hopefully as it is not just faster and easier to live with but is supposed to be more durable,
EU law comes into effect soon, Google,
Such inconveniences will soon be history after the EU mandated on June 7 2022 that all small and medium-sized portable devices must be equipped with a USB-C charging port by the autumn of 2024. Laptops are due to come under the new rule roughly in autumn 2027
Mainly to get Apple to play fair...too bad it could still be a way off.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I forgot about that eu thing! I feel sorry for small manufacturers if there isn't an exemption for them in some form. As a consumer though I'd welcome standardisation, I'm not sure it will happen worldwide though.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Okay I just ordered TM from vaporisateur.net with 10% off (code: soldes) and free shipping. Got the 14mm wpa also for like 17 euro minus the 10%. Very happy with the deal (was trying to buy from TM but got stuck with creditcard so lucky break for me I guess!) and can't wait to try.

Now I need some basket screens.

goldfinger

Okay I just ordered TM from vaporisateur.net with 10% off (code: soldes) and free shipping. Got the 14mm wpa also for like 17 euro minus the 10%. Very happy with the deal (was trying to buy from TM but got stuck with creditcard so lucky break for me I guess!) and can't wait to try.

Now I need some basket screens.
You also need to report on your preferences between the TM and the Minivap in my thread as soon as it comes in lmao. YOU KNOW WHAT YOU MUST DO!!

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

And a pack of spare o rings if you plan to use the TM with the cooling unit
Plan on using with WPA only tbh. Got the 18mm RBT stem and the 14mm I got with this order. Got some glass I can pair it with also, stem and j-hook from the gate :brow:
Great to see you that got such a sweet deal, hope it lands soon!
Thanks buddy :peace:

@goldfinger :cool: I'll consider

goldfinger

I got it today @goldfinger and the two complement each other very well for my use. MiniVAP is just so good for sessions whereas TM I use for fast extraction and from my first explorations with the device it delivers in spades.
Holy smokes. It sounds like there isn't really a better choice?

I do get the impression you like the Minivap a bit better?? How's my intuition??

goldfinger,

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Holy smokes. It sounds like there isn't really a better choice?

I do get the impression you like the Minivap a bit better?? How's my intuition??
No not at all I like them both very much for their respective uses I intended with the devices. And they both have aspects that are less ideal as well, but competitors have the same or other worse compromises. For example MiniVAP is too big to be called user friendly in that regard, and TM gets too hot. I can easily live with that though. Flavor and efficiency are way more important to me and on those fronts both deliver.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: jasp3r
Top Bottom