• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Roasted Chicken (bag cooking can roast ya!)

beach bum

While roasted chicken isn't a traditional July 4th meal, figured now was a good time to post this recipe. I've made reference before in other threads, but haven't actually gotten around to getting this up here. We've used this recipe for years - and our friends love it!

What you'll need:
- a roaster chicken
- some garlic cloves (6? 8? as you wish)
- 1 lemon
- 1 onion
- red bliss potatoes (or other potatoes cut so they aren't any larger than about 2", so that all cook at close to the same rate)
- some carrots (baby carrots work great for this)
- salt & pepper
- about 2 tablespoons of butter (non-medicated)
- 1 well used bag from a bag vape (Q, 'Cano, etc). Ideally, you want it once it's turned amber and is sticky
- seasoning of your choice - we like blackened or tarragon - but most any herb that you want on chicken will work

Optional: A little flour, if you wish to thicken your juices into gravy (highly recommended) :brow:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F). Take the non-medicated butter and, using your clean fingers/hands, spread it over the inside of the used vapor bag. This helps get the "yummies" from the bag onto your food while it cooks. Make sure you get the package of "guts" out of the chicken - discard (unless you use it for your gravy) and then wash out the chicken cavity with water and some salt. Fill the cavity (loosely) with your garlic, lemon wedges, and onion wedges. If you have leftover onion and garlic, that's fine - can add it to the veggies. Season your chicken with your choice of seasoning, salt and pepper.

Take the carrots, potatoes, and any other veggies you are using - place them inside the buttered up vapor bag. Place the chicken in the bag, on top of the veggies. Tie off the bag.

Bake until chicken is done (look at the package for cooking time recommendations).

Once the chicken is done, cut open the bag and pour the juices into a saucepan. Thicken with a little flour (add some gravy master or other stuff if you wish).

Slice up the chicken and serve with the veggies on the side. Top with gravy. While all the food is "medicated", we find the gravy is the most potent - so we let each person add their own gravy for comfort level purposes.

Enjoy! :)

beach bum

You may get a faint smell in the gravy, but not a ton of taste/smell because you are only using the bag... :)

beach bum,

Walter

I vape marinated some steaks the other day. Vaped some basil and rosemary with my volcano, placed the steaks in the bag for an hour and threw em on the barbie. JUST AWESOME. In a few years this will be a crazy cooking method in top restaurants.

Walter,
Reactions: killick
I'm a cook myself and I've been messing with different types of vapor infusion since getting my EQ.

Interesting idea though, using a resinous bag. Did you notice any effects, or is this mostly a way to "recycle" a used bag?

kingofnull,

beach bum

I'm a cook myself and I've been messing with different types of vapor infusion since getting my EQ.

Interesting idea though, using a resinous bag. Did you notice any effects, or is this mostly a way to "recycle" a used bag?

Definite effects. :ko: I think the butter and fat from the chicken does a pretty decent job of taking the stale vapor off the inside of the bag and getting it in the food (particularly the gravy/juices).

beach bum,
That's a great recipe then. Here I was using my whip mostly so I could extract the "honey" from it. Now I may switch primarily to bags!

kingofnull,
Reactions: beach bum

beach bum

That's a great recipe then. Here I was using my whip mostly so I could extract the "honey" from it. Now I may switch primarily to bags!

Thanks! We look forward to our bags turning amber...means it's about time to call some friends for a home-cooked chicken dinner. :brow:

beach bum,
TBH I've never bothered cooking poultry in a bag. Do you still get a nice crispy roast chicken skin?

kingofnull,

beach bum

TBH I've never bothered cooking poultry in a bag. Do you still get a nice crispy roast chicken skin?

The skin does come out nicely. I suppose, to make it extra crispy, you could take the chicken from the bag and roast uncovered for the last 20 minutes or so. However, we've never found the need...

beach bum,
Interesting. I've only used my bag about a dozen times. It's not sticky yet, and there are no visible deposits of honey. i guess I should wait.

kingofnull,

beach bum

Interesting. I've only used my bag about a dozen times. It's not sticky yet, and there are no visible deposits of honey. i guess I should wait.

I would suggest waiting until the bag turns an amber/yellowish color and sticks together on the inside. About the time you'd throw it away because stuff tastes stale. That's what has worked best at this end. I'll have to try to remember to take a picture next time we do it. :)

beach bum,
I would suggest waiting until the bag turns an amber/yellowish color and sticks together on the inside. About the time you'd throw it away because stuff tastes stale. That's what has worked best at this end. I'll have to try to remember to take a picture next time we do it. :)

Yeah please do take a photo. I'm all for recycling, and this is a great way to do it!

kingofnull,

kittyboy

another way of infusing with volcano bag would be to put raw meat in bag in frig and take it out so often and fill with an herb of your chossin. Do that 5-10 times in a day and I bet your meat will be flavorful. Have read somewhere about chefs doing this in fancy places. If you wanted dill etc u could add dill to bowl instead of herb.:tup:

kittyboy,
Top Bottom