Relative Humidity questions ...

TomC1315

After reading the 2 page Boveda thread, I'm still wondering about a couple of things relating to RH matters ...

1) I'm on board with the Boveda 8gram (small size) RH62 packs ... wondering if 1 pack per (air-tight glass) stash container is sufficient ...
One container is essentially full with a 1/2oz and a single pack ...
the smaller, 1/4 container has about 4grams and a single pack ... OK ?

2) and I'm on board with using dry material with both my vapes ... wondering: how dry ? Is there a recommended RH for bud that's 'ready to be loaded' ... I'm assuming that we're looking to dry it out drier than 62% RH.
I've been leaving my ground up bud out over night to dry it up further - unless the RH outside (we don't use the AC too much) is high up there (75% +) ... OK ?

My wife dries her herbs from the garden in the microwave that's over the stove ... NOT turning the microwave on, but leaving the stove top light on warms up the microwave above ... OK?

If the outside RH is in the 80%+ range, should I put my dried out/ready-to-go bud in a sealed container?

Any advise and recommendations are appreciated .. thank you :-)

TomC1315,

EverythingsHazy

After reading the 2 page Boveda thread, I'm still wondering about a couple of things relating to RH matters ...

1) I'm on board with the Boveda 8gram (small size) RH62 packs ... wondering if 1 pack per (air-tight glass) stash container is sufficient ...
One container is essentially full with a 1/2oz and a single pack ...
the smaller, 1/4 container has about 4grams and a single pack ... OK ?

2) and I'm on board with using dry material with both my vapes ... wondering: how dry ? Is there a recommended RH for bud that's 'ready to be loaded' ... I'm assuming that we're looking to dry it out drier than 62% RH.
I've been leaving my ground up bud out over night to dry it up further - unless the RH outside (we don't use the AC too much) is high up there (75% +) ... OK ?

My wife dries her herbs from the garden in the microwave that's over the stove ... NOT turning the microwave on, but leaving the stove top light on warms up the microwave above ... OK?

If the outside RH is in the 80%+ range, should I put my dried out/ready-to-go bud in a sealed container?

Any advise and recommendations are appreciated .. thank you :-)

One boveda pack per glass jar (up to a quart) should be enough. Keep your bud stored with them to aid in the curing process, and to keep them in good condition for many months. Before vaping though, I find it is best to leave a couple buds out for a day or so, until they are very dry. I'd never dry them that way first though, since it would lock in the chlorophyll flavor, and it be like vaping fresh cut grass.

HomeFree

I just keep mine in airtight jars with very little headroom, making sure that the buds are at the right moisture level for storage to begin with. When I start getting too much headroom in one jar, I put the buds into a smaller jar.

it's not perfect, but it works well. I use mason/jelly jars, and move down to baby food jars (but sometimes they do not completely seal, so buy extras.)

4 oz jelly jars hold 7 grams perfectly in my experience, usually I can stuff up to 10 grams in there without smashing the buds too much. Some of the denser stuff you can fit in more, maybe a half oz. Just be sure your herb is not too wet when jarred up, particularly in bulk. Every once in a while I run into buds that have not been completely dried, and puting these into an airtight jar may not be good.

I prefer a little bit of moisture in the buds I vape. Not as moist as if I were to smoke it, but not bone dry either.

Oh, and I have a feeling you will have some fun doing tastings over time as long as it hasn't been dried super dry at some point before you got it. Right now I am vaping some Tahoe that is about 3 months old, the hashy lemon flavor has become intense. Tastes way better than when I got it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom