Red Eyes: Not Exclusively for Being Vaked

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
So I've been vaping several times daily(3 PD stems on average) for several months straight, and my eyes have kind of acclimated to this and pretty much become a consistent slightly red and glassy tint--never extremely red or white. This became fine with me as my eyes were never too revealing of my state.

Recently, for several reasons, I decided to take a T-break. I expected my eyes to become their regular white color again, but to my surprise they have remained just as red as before. I haven't had herb in four days at this point.

Overall, I'm just interested in what may be causing this and if my eyes will return to "homeostasis" at some point. This also concerns me for in the future if I need my eyes to be white for whatever reason, as I now swear against using eye drops.

Deadhead101,

TerrorTurkey

I don't really have any answers but, I just wanted to say I'm in the exact same situation. I'm on my 4th day without MJ and I didn't notice until i read this and checked, but my eyes are still a little red too.

TerrorTurkey,

djonkoman

tiredness can cause red eyes

I myself have whiter eyes when sober and when high they sometimes turn a little bit red or glazy(but often they just stay white too), but almost never really red(only if I'm really high and it's at night, and still not every time)
I do have massive walls under my eyes tough, since I almost constantly suffer from lack of sleep(my own natural rythm is going to bed between 4 and 6, wich I call evening buit others would call it night or morning, and sleeping till 1-2 wich others would call afternoon, but ofcourse on workdays I can't keep this rythm so I have to go to bed at 11 and get up at 7, but getting up early makes me have a lack of sleep, while if I can get up later but my total amount of sleep is less I'm far better rested)
this lack of sleep mostly manifests itself in the morning and afternoon tough, aproaching 11 in the evening I start getting more active, awake and clear, sadly that's also when I have to go to sleep(so getting asleep is harder and I can't enjoy my peak of activity in the day.., wich is from 12 to 3 in the evening)

and when it's really bad(last week I had a day when my alarm went off an hour too early and I couldn't get to sleep again) I have to get trough the day with weed and food(weed makes me active again and makes me totally forget the tiredness, but if the effect wears off it comes back, food also helps a bit in temporarly removing the tiredness but I have to keep eating and it doesn't help as good as weed, but eating is easier to do anywhere)

djonkoman,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
possibly do to your diet or busting some blood vessels in your eyes. i know smoking makes your eyes like that and damages them but i am unsure if vaping does this.

however, my eyes really never get red at all. just glassy.

gettin lifted,

Deadhead101

I think I may have done some at least semi-permanent "damage" to my eyes because they continue to be very red after a week of no consumption. I'll keep track of how long it takes for them to start getting white again(assuming that they ever will).

Deadhead101,

Johnny

Ahhhhh this reminds me of the days i was young and tried to hide smoking from my parents, using eyedrops and the like. I dont haveto hide smoking from anyone for some years now which is good, so dont use drops anymore.

Now my eyes are always a little red but when i smoke they become mirrors, no amount of eyedrops prevent this. like seriously even if i use eyedrops (very rare now) they stay extremely reflective but bleached white.

Oh well , waiting for my dbv to arrive and will report back on the state of my eyes after a vape.

P.s anyone who thinks they damaged their eyes should go see an optometrist and get their eyes checked my vision is still 20/20 after years of toking so hopefully your eyes should be ok.

Johnny,

Deadhead101

The damage I was referring to is simply the discoloration of my eyes; In no way have I seen my eyesight get worse (no pun intended).
Johnny- I'm curious to see if your eyes get worse from vaping than from smoking. I have a few friends whose eyes don't get very red from smoking anymore, but their first times vaping their eyes were looking like they had a bad case of pink eye.

Deadhead101,

Deadhead101

willieR said:
I can't see how red eyes is influenced by vape vs. Combust.
Perhaps the reason my friends' eyes became so red from vaping as opposed to combusting is because they were not used to such high levels of THC and the overall more potent delivery vaping gives.
It's been over two weeks now and my eyes are still red. No big deal, just interesting to me.

Deadhead101,

Nosferatu

I bet its because there is still much THC stored in your fat that your body is processing everyday. With vaping we could very well be getting 3 or even 4 times the amount of THC and other compunds compared to smoking. I bet when your clean the red eyes leave.

Nosferatu,

Deadhead101

Nosferatu said:
I bet its because there is still much THC stored in your fat that your body is processing everyday. With vaping we could very well be getting 3 or even 4 times the amount of THC and other compunds compared to smoking. I bet when your clean the red eyes leave.
That sounds plausible. Unfortunately (not really though) I'll be ending my T-break tomorrow, so I will not know if/how long it takes for the eyes to return to normal. After all is said and done, my break will have lasted 17 days and my eyes are still noticeably red. Unfortunately there isn't any way I can qualify "noticeably red" but I am not just imagining this.
This could be useful info to anyone who is trying to have their eyes back to their original whiteness without using eyedrops. You may need to stop farther ahead of time than you'd plan for say an interview for example.

Deadhead101,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Why would vaping yield more THC? There's a fixed amount of THC in the material whether vaped or combusted. Combusting releases 100% of these compounds and vaping does not.

Vaping releases the THC more slowly compared to combustion which releases all at once. So arguably when combusting you exhale a lot of THC and when vaping a bit at a time you might get more to enter your bloodstream. I'm guessing that's what we're talking about here.

willieR,

djonkoman

no, with combustion you'll also combust part of the thc and other cannabinoids, wich means they're lost

I still find it weird your eyes keep red so long..... while mine are often as white as possible when I'm realy high(sometimes they do get red tough, but most of the time just glazy and that's mostly at night, during the day I don't look into a mirror that often but usually they're just white if I do look into one)

djonkoman,

aero18

vaporist
willieR said:
Why would vaping yield more THC? There's a fixed amount of THC in the material whether vaped or combusted. Combusting releases 100% of these compounds and vaping does not.

Vaping releases the THC more slowly compared to combustion which releases all at once. So arguably when combusting you exhale a lot of THC and when vaping a bit at a time you might get more to enter your bloodstream. I'm guessing that's what we're talking about here.

Combustion (high temperatures) destroy some of the actives by breaking the molecules apart.

Combustion does not release anywhere near 100% of the compounds. It is much less efficient than vaporizing.

aero18,

willieR

Been here since 2009
This is interesting and new to me. So the thought is that the super heat of combustion destroys some cannabinoids so we never receive them at all? Is this based on some data or armchair logic?

I'm not doubting it, as it makes perfect sense, however there are many intuitive things that are not fact-based, however, so I'd like to learn more.

Thanks!

willieR,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
also, have you ever considered maybe the persistent eye redness could be due to some allergic reaction?
I know I've gone on long TBreaks and will have a few days here and there where I am extremely red-eyed, and on those days the pollen count was up, so I knew the cause.

DevoTheStrange,

Deadhead101

DevoTheStrange said:
also, have you ever considered maybe the persistent eye redness could be due to some allergic reaction?
I know I've gone on long TBreaks and will have a few days here and there where I am extremely red-eyed, and on those days the pollen count was up, so I knew the cause.
I don't typically have very symptomatic allergies, but it's a possibility. It's funny though because I've vaped and remained unsick for several months. I take a break and within a week or two, I got sick (a cold) for the first time in a year. My T-break isn't necessarily the reason or cause that I got sick, I just find that funny because I always here how bud weakens one's immune system.

Anyhow, I think that my eyes and body have just gotten used to my eyes being red, so they're just kind of remaining that way--at least for now.

Deadhead101,
Top Bottom