rectified ethyl alcohol can be used for winterisation ?

marcofreccia

Hi Guys . I can't find on shops ethanol alcool food grade but i find rectified ethyl alcohol , industrial alcol 95%
I did some research and rectified alcol .
it is alcohol that has been treated to make it cleaner so that there is no residue. In fact, I can buy this alcohol from a specialized painting shop .
From what I understand it is not food grade but it does not contain particular toxic substances either, as a solvent so it would be fine and also cheap.
Do you have any suggestions regarding the use of this alcohol? Thank you

DrJynx86

The problem with this kind of grain alcohol is right there, is not food grade, that means they don't make any effort to avoid the "heads" or "tails" of the distillation which mean they contain the harmful alcohols in a small percent.

I won't use it for anything edible but for stuff that will get evaporated it will work as intended without issues.

marcofreccia

The problem with this kind of grain alcohol is right there, is not food grade, that means they don't make any effort to avoid the "heads" or "tails" of the distillation which mean they contain the harmful alcohols in a small percent.

I won't use it for anything edible but for stuff that will get evaporated it will work as intended without issues.
Yes, in fact I want to use it for winterisation so not for human consumption. As a solvent it should be fine. The doubt came to me because the label says rectified alcohol and industrial at the same time. From online search results Industrial alcohol contains denaturants to keep people from drinking it. The important thing in my opinion is that this alcohol leaves no residue in the cannabis extract. Thanks for your help

marcofreccia

I have received confirmation from the manufacturer. rectified alcohol is ethanol 95%. So a great advantage because I found it in a paint shop while the free sale, even of food grade alcohol, is prohibited. So I bypass the obstacle.

Top Bottom