Recommendations for strains high in myrcene or CBN?

DrömmenOmFrihet

Permanently shut down
I have a myriad of medical issues, and I find those two components of cannabis, along with the THC, tend to help.

DrömmenOmFrihet,

Big T

I'm new here but some strains (with cbd) I like are Pennywise, West Seattle CBD and Sangria. Sangria has myrcene in it. Not sure about the others.

I put a drop or two of myrcene terpenes in my vape cartridges. It helps with inflammation and pain. I also use mint terpenes. That helps with nausea and stomach issues. I would imagine you could put a drop on a dab, joint or a bowl.

I hope this makes sense. Probably shouldn't post after medicating.

DrömmenOmFrihet

Permanently shut down
I'm new here but some strains (with cbd) I like are Pennywise, West Seattle CBD and Sangria. Sangria has myrcene in it. Not sure about the others.

I put a drop or two of myrcene terpenes in my vape cartridges. It helps with inflammation and pain. I also use mint terpenes. That helps with nausea and stomach issues. I would imagine you could put a drop on a dab, joint or a bowl.

I hope this makes sense. Probably shouldn't post after medicating.
Where would one acquire said terpenes?

DrömmenOmFrihet,

Jeeshy

I think as far as CBN goes you won't be finding it in flower intentionally. CBN is THC after it breaks down so you won't find any in fresh flower, But if you have some old dry weed in the back of your stash somewhere it may give you that heavy CBN sleep aid you might be looking for.

DrömmenOmFrihet

Permanently shut down
I think as far as CBN goes you won't be finding it in flower intentionally. CBN is THC after it breaks down so you won't find any in fresh flower, But if you have some old dry weed in the back of your stash somewhere it may give you that heavy CBN sleep aid you might be looking for.
This gives me an idea.

DrömmenOmFrihet,

Big T

Where would one acquire said terpenes?
I use https://www.wfmed.com/. Make sure you get the pure distillate (no additives) the only ones I tried are the Myrcene and Mint. I bought the Anise oil but haven't tried it yet.

I also used terpenes from marijuana/hemp but that is expensive. Charging $15 to $20 a ml is criminal and the companies charging these prices should be ashamed. As time goes on the greedy will fall by the wayside and prices will come down.

There are several companies that sell terpenes distilled from hemp plants. Denver Terpenes (https://denverterpenes.com/) is one of them. 760 glass (https://760glass.com/) is another. 760 glass has the supplies and instructions to make vape cartridges.

I was told CBN forms as marijuana ages. So the old dry marijuana in the sale bin should have CBN in it. Buy that and put some orange peel or a lettuce leaf in a sealed container with it for a few hours. I have done this and have pressed a good tasting concentrate from it. I read CBN can give you headaches.

GoldenBud

AFAIK , GDP strain contains Myrcene. but it also depends which pheno was picked. not all the GDP seeds are the same, some can be rich with Myrcene and some don't

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.
I have a myriad of medical issues, and I find those two components of cannabis, along with the THC, tend to help.
Mercene you need to find the right variety, but you can increase the CBN in Cannabis containing THC in by decarboxylating it, which breaks the THC down into CBN. Although this might remove some terpenes, if you decarboxylate a portion of cannabis and mix it with fresh you should get the desired effect.
Using a baller head you could try put a small dose in the bowl, partialy vape it , then add more fresh to the bowl leaving the slightly cooked stuff in the bowl. You could also look into heat soaking techniques.
The arizer xq2 should do this in spades if your temperature is set high enough,It works particularly well with 'stacking' doses in this way. i used to run mine at a minimum of 217c up, sometimes upto 245 depending on ambient temperature and desired effects . You can also 'cook' a whole bowl with the eq/xq2. But you can also over cook it. Experiment, it should give you different effects, time vs temps.
I had an arizer eq before i got a baller head injector. As a medical user i recommend the upgrade to a baller head injector..
But use a heavey hitting desk top. Portables dont work so well for serious pain, they dont run hot enough to extract the goods well and the airflow has been way to restricted on the ones I tried. I did modify my Solo 2 to work a bit better, but it still doesnt really cut the mustard.
Failing that, You can use some fresh reclaim for a hit of CBN, THC and CBD, but i am not sure how healthy that is longterm, personaly i dont like vaping reclaim. I have other uses for it.
Or just order medical Cannabis from Sapphire Clinic in the UK. Or certain other clinics... It can be old enough to have HUGE amounts of CBN. Not much in the way of terpenes though. Sapphire and Curaleaf didnt believe they exist or have an effect, when I was with them.
Varieties containing ThcV may also be worth looking into if you are a medical patient, depending on what you need.
Oh and use a water piece, i ended up using a hydrotube with an 18mm male to 14mm male glass joint adapter on the cyclone bowl.

Curious Gorilla,

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
I save my AVB for edibles and MCT oil . It's definitely higher in CBN .

Cannabis Strains High in CBN​

CBN is found in trace amounts in recently-grown cannabis and in greater quantities in aged and degraded cannabis and traditionally produced hashish. The resin that collects on the screen can be high in CBN for those using pipes.

Several cannabis strains (cultivars) contain high concentrations of CBN. Here are some popular strains that have tested relatively high for their CBN levels, which is often a result of their high THC content:

• Bubble Gum
  • Super Green Crack
  • Purple Cadillac
  • Durban Poison
  • Blackberry
  • Animal Cookie
  • Death Bubba
  • Banana OG
  • Platinum Kush
  • Mr. Nice
Note that CBN-rich strains do not contain excessively high levels of it. A cannabis strain considered high in CBN may not even have 1% of the cannabinoid, as opposed to THC-heavy strains that may contain 20% or higher concentrations. But a little CBN goes a long way, and even a fractional content of the cannabinoid could yield powerful benefits.

Top Bottom